News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Ever do this?

Started by lloyd3, October 28, 2015, 07:31:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

myk

If you have to, you have to.  Or if you want to, then you do that too.  When my Camaro broke its transmission people ridiculed me for not dropping it out and replacing it in my driveway.  The thing is we all have our limits on what we can or will do.  Why does it matter?  The important thing is that the car is maintained and we are able to enjoy the vehicle...

lloyd3

Interesting to look at this thread from almost month later. That was a really pretty late-fall day. I've got 18-inches of snow melting in my yard right now, with more coming in a few days. Everything is either cold and snowy, or wet and muddy out there now. The car is sitting under it's cover with fresh oil in it's crankcase and fuel stabilizer in it's gas tank.  Until a few days ago, nothing was coming up my driveway without 4-wheel drive.  Maybe it's old age creeping up on me, but it's sort-of nice to be able to put the car away for a few months and focus on other things. I suspect that one reason I still have it after all these years, is exactly because I can safely put it away for long periods of time.  Life is balance, and other things are always demanding my time and attention.  How does the song go? "For everything, turn, turn, turn, there is a season...."

HeavyFuel

I could make my life easier and avoid making the mess, taking the time, disposing of all the waste products, inflicting pain and suffering on my body.......by having someone else screw my wife.......but I still prefer to do that myself.    :icon_smile_wink:

I change my own oil.....because I still can.