News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Alternative Grill Scheme

Started by crj1968, November 18, 2015, 09:45:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crj1968

Anyone on here paint their grill like this? I've seen many completely blacked out but I think this looks pretty good.

Lennard

crj1968

Quote from: Lennard on November 18, 2015, 10:13:45 PM
A double blade razor!  :lol:

Ahhhh.... I see now. That's funny.  :icon_smile_big:

I was just looking at the surround part being black.   

Kern Dog

Lighthorseman

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

2fast4u

Would it be chrome where the silver edges usually are?!  if that's the idea then that would look awesome!!   :2thumbs:
DODGE CHARGER--Fuel for Living!

J.Bond

Someone has been playing with 3m foil.......

If know one has noticed, that car is wrapped in green chrome. I have a client that has 3 GTR's , 1 Escalade, 1 Mercedes, 1 Rolls and 1 Jeep wrapped in chrome colours.  The Rolls is a matte pearl. Anyways, the shop will cover just about anything, door handles wheels you name it. I would imagine that the above grill treatment could be pulled off , for under a hundred bucks.

Kern Dog

It looks like a computer generated image to me. With that, you can factor in any image.

TPR

It's a Photoshopped version of this from the '70 brochure, which was probably originally illustrated from a photograph:
I like what they've done in this version.
TPR

1968 Dodge Charger R/T 440 - UU1 Light Blue Metallic
www.tr440.com

crj1968

Nice catch TPR. That's pretty crazy the way that grille is done up on a factory brochure.  :scratchchin:

Kern Dog

I'd do it if I had a spare griile to mess around with.

TexasStroker

Quote from: Kern Dog on November 20, 2015, 10:14:35 PM
I'd do it if I had a spare griile to mess around with.

x2...It is a good look for a 70 imo.
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

Ghoste

I like it better than the blacked out ones I think.

J.Bond

Quote from: Kern Dog on November 20, 2015, 01:38:09 PM
It looks like a computer generated image to me. With that, you can factor in any image.

Really.....
That bite's.....
Sorry for messing up this thread.
Ever since 97,98 or 99,  do not remember what year, a neighbour handed me a Johnny Lightning Christmas tree ornament 67 Charger,
Green Chrome. So, I have been waiting to see a first or second gen Charger wrapped in 3m.

Ryan.C

Quote from: crj1968 on November 18, 2015, 09:45:42 PM
Anyone on here paint their grill like this? I've seen many completely blacked out but I think this looks pretty good.

It reminds me a lot of this '69 300
There are few problems in life that cannot be solved with C-4.

crj1968

Makes one wonder what they had in mind and why it changed.

I'm gonna see if I can pull it off half way decently.

Seems the easiest way would be to paint the whole thing silver, mask off, and shoot the black.