News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

IS IT TO LATE TO STOP THE WORLD CANCER (MIDDLE EAST TERRORISTS)?????????

Started by skip68, November 14, 2015, 09:53:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mytur Binsdirti

I was watching news this morning & they are very hesitant bout calling this an act of Muslim terrorism. Rather, they are reporting on those who are calling for more gun control. On the other hand, when the whack jobs shot up the church down south or the abortion clinic last week, the news had no problem immediately calling those shooters a white supremacist and a religious right nut job.....which they were.

Funny how that works.        ::)

XH29N0G

I think the same, but I wonder if in the case of terrorism that calling it such acknowledges something and gives them credit.  I am also surprised no group has claimed it.  I suspect they are splitting hairs and trying to confirm whether this was a pair long wolves, or a deeper attack by IS. 
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Mytur Binsdirti

ws23rt

Apparently the word "terrorist" has become politically incorrect. :brickwall:
We see this from the leaders and the media at every turn.

Terrorists are perhaps just misguided--A handicap of sort. Random killings is just a way of speaking out and being understood.

It --the T word ---has come to mean a sick lethal killer (among other things).  ---It is very bad.--- :eek2:  It is something that requires immediate defensive action.

So if we don't use the word (to describe what is in our face) we don't have to react as needed.  ---This inaction appears to be like spineless fear. :shruggy:
----Terrorism works.---

Let's not give them their own parking spaces!! ::)

skip68

It's sad that we have so many Muslims here that are going to do this stuff.   And somebody wants to bring in more from the front lines.     :o
Any one of them can go jihad (the Muslim version of postal) at any moment.     
We all agree (Muslims included) that this religious hijacking is a big threat.   We need to find a way that has the Muslim communities working with officials to find these radicals. 
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

XH29N0G

Last I read they haven't ruled out terrorists, or use of the word, they just want to be sure about it.  Yes muslim and yes they are checking.  If it is then shown to be terrorist it gives all the more reason to do something.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

stripedelete

el dub

The news is spinning every thing up they can. Myself, I'm not worried. Drink beer and don't watch the news. All  of the middle eastern people I know are very friendly. Its not muslems that are the enemy, its terrorists. Like its always been for the last, how many years. Thirty? The doc that saved my bacon is a muslem. I have more of a beef with people in this country stealing all of the tax dollars and social security without worrying about something I have no control over. I remember Viet Nam and how we wound up over there. Communism. And now we owe a bunch of money to a bunch of communists.  Now, same thing again, different country, different reason.  Makes me curious about my government.
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

ws23rt

I listened to our leader speak on this latest slaughter.  It was like hearing fingernails scratching on a chalk board.

Normally he speaks from a prompter and that may be because he has short term memory issues. :shruggy:  But when he speaks without one what we hear is what we voted for. :'(

I've heard the phrase "the buck stops hear" in the past by other presidents.  Has this one ever used that phrase while off prompter?

One year is a long time for him to endure the battle going on around him while waiting for a clear decisive direction that we all can grab on to.

It's almost a given that many will arm themselves just because of our leadership. We are moved to help ourselves as the only thing of value we have that we can do to help ourselves. :Twocents:

skip68

The point where ANY AND ALL people of power lose me and I think most on gun laws is when they talk about background checks, straw men and in the same breath, bans on assault rifles.   I'm in favor of anything that makes sense to keep guns from criminals and mental idiots.  But when they mention banning certain guns they lose me and most others.  
I may be wrong but I doubt it.  Aren't most shootings, robberies, gang violence and general hoodlums on the streets gun of choice a pistol?    Of course it is.  Kinda hard to run around with an assault rifle and not be noticed.    
Anyway, I'm getting off topic again and unfortunately that's exactly what the media and representatives are doing also.  
They are killing me with this bull shieet about not being sure the shooter was radicalized.    :brickwall:  ARE YOU FRICKIN KIDDING ME?    :slap:
The dude is a very religious Muslim
He's been to Saudi Arabia and Pakistan within the last two years
He's got bombs and bomb making material in his house
He's been linked to others that are on a watch list
He's killed 14 and wounded 21 people
His wife is from Pakistan on a visa and was involved in the shootings
Shall I go on?     :rofl:  
Now, how the hell can you question if he was just a little radicalized?
:rofl: :smilielol:  
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

HPP

Quote from: el dub on December 03, 2015, 07:50:12 PM
The news is spinning every thing up they can. 

Exactly. 

In the 1850-60s, natural born Americans lived in fear from Irish mobs. They ran amuck in NYC creating the draft riots at the outbreak of the civil war.  They shot, killed, maimed, and hung anyone in their way.

1900-1920, The Italian born anarchists know as the Galleani terrorists blew up  36 homemade bombs at various financial institutions and banks along Wall St.

1930s, Americans refuse admission of European Jews seeking asylum from the Nazi regime fearing sabotage and the possibility they will harbor among them radical Nazi Party sabotours.

1960s, Marxist Cubans seizing US assets in the revolutionary island country cause a sever backlash on US Cubans for fear of reprisals.

1980s,  Haitian refugeees are refused entry by the boatload for fear of their ability to spread the Aids virus among the US population.

Looks like every generation we find some ethnic group to be afraid of.

So before we start killing them all, how about  someones comes up with an intelligent way to identify the radicals. Or some reasonable means to prevent them arming themselves. Or some way to monitor dark net traffic with identifiable terrorist web sites. I am not a big proponent of gun controls, but when someone on the no fly list for terrorist ties can purchase firearms, and is endorsed by the NRA to do so, somethings  stinks.  The NRA has some very valid points on many topics, but they have, IMO, taken a turn  to opposing anything firearms related to the point of  being ludicris.

skip68

el dub

The thing about the NRA is that they wont give up an inch because the govt. will take a mile. Like the poster says, ban idiots, not guns. They just need to get together and collaborate and come up with something mutually beneficial.

Mike DC

How many of these shooters/bombers are even connected to any other bad guys?  I don't think it's realistic to hope we can gather enough intel to prevent all this stuff.

Part of the problem is that mass shooting is just "a feeling in the air" right now.  These things come and go.  Same with the public's taste for boy-bands or the latest Apple gizmo.  

Bobs69

So the word terrorist is politically incorrect eh?  Too fucking bad.

el dub

Mike DC

QuoteSo the word terrorist is politically incorrect eh?  Too fucking bad.

PC isn't the same thing as popular.  Donald Trump is popular.

I'm saying not everyone who is capable of terrorism will leave a trail of terrorist-y activity for months/years ahead of time.  As long as mass shootings are a "trend" like this, some of them will probably happen out of the blue.

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: ws23rt on December 03, 2015, 09:11:47 PM

I've heard the phrase "the buck stops hear" in the past by other presidents.  Has this one ever used that phrase while off prompter?

Denial not an option

This is no rush to judgment on the San Bernardino massacre — not when 12 pipe bombs are found in the home of the two now-dead killers, along with three pipe bombs wired to a remote control device, hundreds of bomb-making tools in their garage, and thousands of rounds of ammunition in their car following their slaughter of 14 innocent human beings.

Workplace violence? Really? Is that some kind of sick joke?

Surely President Obama knew about most of that when he went on national TV from the Oval Office yesterday and said, "It is possible this is terrorist related ... We don't know. It is also possible it was workplace related."

Yes, life is complicated. But the more complicated it gets the more the American people are entitled to straight answers from the commander in chief, not more pap from a man who is apparently so blinded by his political agenda that he will use every opportunity to advance it.

Before the bodies were even identified Wednesday night, before they could even be removed from the scene, the president said, "The one thing we do know is that we have a pattern now of mass shootings in this country that has no parallel anywhere else in the world, and there's some steps we could take, not to eliminate every one of these mass shootings, but to improve the odds that they don't happen as frequently."

Apparently the man has a short memory — or did Paris not count.

He, of course, wasn't the only one to rush to make the it's-all-about-guns argument. U.S. Sen. Dianne Feinstein also put out a press release even as victims were still being triaged.

This isn't an argument against better gun control laws and better records checks — far from it. It is an argument against taking the easy way out — which this president will do at every opportunity.

Don't blame Islamic terrorism when there are any other options — find another reason, however remote, for the willful act of a couple who turned their home into a bomb-making factory, dropped off their 6-month-old child with relatives, slaughtered 14 people and wounded 21 more at a department party and then returned home to do what?

Workplace violence?

That Syed Farook had traveled to Saudi Arabia in the summer of 2014, picked up his would-be bride Tashfeen Malik, who traveled on a Pakistani passport, is simply a piece of that puzzle. A more compelling piece of evidence is that the three pipe bombs found in their home attached to a remote control device bore all the earmarks of the bomb-making recipes of the jihadists' Inspire magazine.

Barack Obama can obfuscate if he chooses. But the act is growing tired. The American people are entitled to truth from their president. Well, maybe the next one.

http://www.bostonherald.com/opinion/editorials/2015/12/editorial_denial_not_an_option

skip68

Bingo.   :2thumbs:   
I bet his wife was helping to radicalize him. 
In no way am I siding with the shooter but the ammo issue is being discussed now.    :brickwall:  
Honestly, most gun owners stock pile ammo and the amount he had at home was normal and I'd hardly call 4 guns an arsenal.  
So I guarantee we will see a huge spike in both gun sales this weekend and ammunition.  

Mytur Binsdirti

There is more to this story that will eventually trickle out. With the amount of ammo & pipe bombs they had stockpiled, I've heard it said that it looks like they were planning something bigger & perhaps someone pissed him off at the Christmas party so he came back to teach them a lesson. Also,you know that the feds are looking into who this guy he knew.

I read in the paper that this guy's dad was a hothead and as in many cases, the apple don't fall far from the tree.

Details about Farook's upbringing are sparse.

He grew up in a turbulent home but later graduated from California State University, San Bernardino, with a degree in environmental health sciences in 2010.

Divorce records depicted a home divided by abuse. Farook's mother alleged in 2006 that her husband, also named Syed, attacked her while her children were present, dropped a TV on her and pushed her toward a car, according to records.

Rafia Sultana Farook filed a petition for a domestic violence order of protection on July 3, 2006, against her husband. She said she was forced to move out with three of her children because her husband continually harassed her "verbally and physically," according to the divorce records.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/national/2015/12/pious_california_killer_showed_no_outward_signs_of_violence

skip68

Quote from: skip68 on December 04, 2015, 08:08:25 AM
Bingo.   :2thumbs:   
I bet his wife was helping to radicalize him. 

Shocking.  I called that one.   I've been thinking she was behind this since last night. 
More proof that women refugees can be evil.   
Anyone from the middle east is a potential terrorist.   Yes, that means women.   

skip68

Don't know about you but I'm so beyond sick of hearing or being told what's American.   Or, that's not American.   Blah blah blah.    :flame: 

Mytur Binsdirti

Mytur Binsdirti

They agonize over calling a terrorist a terrorist, yet media calls the NRA terrorists with NO recourse?