News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

IS IT TO LATE TO STOP THE WORLD CANCER (MIDDLE EAST TERRORISTS)?????????

Started by skip68, November 14, 2015, 09:53:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chad L. Magee

Quote from: XH29N0G on November 21, 2015, 12:31:51 PM
I don't follow this as closely as I should, but yesterday just learned about Captagon pills which are an addictive amphetamine-related drug that the soldiers use to get a euphoria and avoid fearing death  etc....   This paints a different picture of the extreme soldiers... partly fueled by belief (or desire to be a mercenary), and also chemically primed.   

That particular tactic was borrowed from WWII Germany.  The Nazis used to feed methamphetamines (Pervitin) to their armed forces.  It would let them fight on without food/supplies on the Eastern front during winter....
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

skip68

That makes perfect sense.   You'd think that this would get out that if you join Isis you'll be brainwashed and drugged to blow yourself up for nothing.   Although they think killing yourself with as many people as you can gets you a higher place in heaven it does absolutely nothing for your cause.   Really stupid.  The soft targets that are killed aren't the ones trying to kill Isis idiots.   They're just pissing off the world and the response will be to erase them.   So what is the main goal for these idiots?   Do they really think that they will take over the world?   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

HPP

No, they are trying to provoke a response to hasten the coming of the end of days and no, they do see all contributors as equal. Remember that they believe they can lie, cheat, and steal to promote their agenda, so they will say and do anything to get the weak minded to believe in their cause and sacrifice themselves for it. Such people will never be anything but cannon fodder to the hierarchy and they do have some very distinct and specific rules about who can be in and participate as religious leaders.

Mike DC

They call us deluded willing cannon-fodder for the military-industrial complex, sending our own children over there to get killed for oil. 

We're fed over-processed food & hour-long commutes & crap digital media.  Modern life depresses us, that is not in question.  We believe religiously in Consumerism & Nationalism.  We take Caffeine & Ritalin & Adderal & Nicotine (or more) when we need to get jacked-up to function. 

Subtle shades of the same principles. 

ws23rt

^^ :2thumbs:---It's tough to put on the other shoe to get a clear view. But it serves us well if we do

el dub

entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

el dub

In the fox link the metric I'd like to see is the cost per enemy body> I'd bet its over a million.

Mike DC

LOL   :smilielol: 

In that 2nd link above, FOX News is bashing the Obama admin for trying to avoid civilian casualties during ISIS strikes:

http://freebeacon.com/national-security/us-pilots-confirm-obama-admin-blocks-75-percent-of-isis-strikes

. . . but let's look back two months.  Now here's another FOX News story bashing the Obama admin for causing a handful of civilian casualties during ISIS airstrikes:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/11/20/us-military-probe-concludes-civilian-deaths-in-iraq-strike.html

skip68

So by pussy footing around for a year and not bombing targets because of civilian casualties we made it so more civilians will die.   Because now Isis is larger with more recruits and more at risk civilians.    :shruggy: 
War is hell and casualties of war are inevitable.   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

ws23rt

When someone comes to you and slaps you in the face how does it feel?

Do we instinctively feel compassion for their (perhaps) misguided intent?

The way of war is to snuff out the opposition. :shruggy:

This is as complicated as we make it and will endure as long as we accept the slaps in the face.

At some point we will get up and block the next slap.---Or not :shruggy:

I told my son years ago --as long as you keep doing what you are doing you will keep getting what you are getting.--- My intent was to get through to a hard nut to crack. :eek2: Being a dad can be tough.

My point is that what we do to defend ourselves is urgent. (In my case it was the household I/we lived in).

I see this current threat as children run a muck. ---Please excuse me for seeking a perspective.---

Just who is in control of this mess??---Is it our kids??

When we answer questions we hear from our kids and grand kids what do we say??-----Well this a time when we just accept irrational killings as the way things are. :slap:

What do we say to our kids and grand kids ?? :scratchchin:

Add--Btw I have never slapped my son.  :slap:   I did not need to resort to that to make my points and he has done rather well with his life.

JB400

I think we're going to be the ones that get slapped in the face again here in the next few months with Obama challenging Isis to attack here.

ws23rt

Quote from: JB400 on November 24, 2015, 01:52:15 AM
I think we're going to be the ones that get slapped in the face again here in the next few months with Obama challenging Isis to attack here.

I think you are right on. And sadly we are going to need to be slapped repeatedly. ---It may not be enough to save many lives but war is not pleasent.
This is the worst time to have a leader that is not on our side.
Politics aside :eek2: -We need a leader that helps us defend ourselves. Times are heating up and the next elections are beyond the help we need now.
Sorry for the political entrance here.
I see us enduring much more of what we have seen in the last few days. The killers are on a roll. We have allowed it to happen.

When someone gives you a slap it brings a question.  When they give you another one it brings another question.
Just who is the fool here??

skip68

This is the way things are as long as we do nothing.  Isis is basically acting as a bully as we just keep turning the other cheek.   We need to respond with whatever it takes to stop the bully.   
I for one DON'T consider a ruthless attack on Isis as stooping to their level at all.   It's called doing whatever it takes to stop the problem.   That means whatever force necessary.  That should be number one.  Then trying to keep civilians at minimal risk as possible yet still pushing forward.   

skip68

Also, not to sound cruel but I see it this way.  Innocent lives will be lost either way.  I'd rather it was the locals there then ours over here.   They kill our soft targets (civilians) and hide amongst theirs because we won't kill them.   Well that needs to change I'm sorry to say.   Once they realize they are no longer safe hiding amongst the innocent they will be truly on the run.   

Mytur Binsdirti

If only the peanut farmer had done this in 1978-79 when this song parody came out, perhaps things would be different today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBGPw_LBiRA

el dub

In answer  to the op I would say yes, it is to late to stop them. We have porous borders. I really cant understand why we are crossing oceans for people who wouldn't jump a puddle for us. It might be Mr Moron.

skip68

YOU ARE COMPLETELY WRONG el dub.  They WILL jump a puddle for us.
They just have a special belt or vest strapped on them.    :rofl:

Mike DC

So what's the specific course of action we need?  

Give me something besides starting another trillion-dollar war, with casualities on our own side, commitment to a long term occupation, and treating a bunch of US citizens like suspects, all over something that hasn't even happened yet.

Mytur Binsdirti

The solution is simple....

The cockroaches of the world need to be eradicated and at the same time, stop the infestation of this country by those who do not want to be productive and assimilate to US culture.

.......Getting the resolve to do as such is the hard part.

Mike DC

"Resolve" is one way to look at it.  

Our hesitation could also be viewed as not letting them lower us to their level, and sticking by our values to be the better people.  Unfortunately this can mean getting sucker-punched before we act.  It's always a delicate tightrope to walk.  

For the record I wouldn't mind seeing us take a whack at ISIS at this point.  They have openly threatened us already and they've established that their verbal threats are usually followed by actions.  We don't owe it to them to get sucker-punched before we act.  

But we do owe it to their region, and that region's relatives/descendants at home, not to indiscriminately burn down the whole place.

I'm just saying its not as simple as "be a pussy or take action."  It's always easier to call inaction the wrong move with the hindsight of knowing exactly what was coming.  We don't know what's coming - not specifically enough anyway.  We acted pre-emptively a decade ago in the aftermath of ME terrorist attacks and it was a mistake.  

ISIS only has to hit us.  We have to protect ourselves and still keep some scrap of our moral high ground too.  

skip68

I know we can't be barbaric like them as we ARE the better people.  But can't we just be a little ruthless?   :icon_smile_wink:   
We need the do it right this time and see it through swiftly and aggressively.   

Mike DC

IMO we do need to be a little ruthless at this point.  You can't beat a street fighter by playing by the rules.  But we need to be smart about it, and not react on emotions.  They WANT to provoke us emotionally.  

We need to remain cold, hard, calculating, and unrelenting.  IMO we don't owe any mercy to the merciless.  Mercy is a principle that we elect to show by choice.  Sometimes it's a luxury that we cannot afford.  

skip68

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on November 24, 2015, 06:26:26 PM

IMO we do need to be a little ruthless at this point.  You can't beat a street fighter by playing by the rules.  But we need to be smart about it, and not react on emotions.  They WANT to provoke us emotionally.  

We need to remain cold, hard, calculating, and unrelenting.  IMO we don't owe any mercy to the merciless.  Mercy is a principle that we elect to show by choice.  Sometimes it's a luxury that we cannot afford.  

Holy Shiite, I completely agree with you Mike for once.  100% 
Emotions can't be the driver.   Calm, cool and calculated with focusing only on the goal.