News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

repro fender tag and rare options?

Started by Lord Warlock, August 21, 2006, 12:57:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Warlock

yep, way too long letting it wait.  Biggest mistakes over the intervening years was a cursed 70 camaro, and spending 30k on the stealth after it hit 100k.  (total interior/driveline/paint redo) Although the paint jobs were primarily to learn what i was doing BEFORE i started painting the charger.  Should have stuck with a single color instead of stripes, flames, and metalflake with house of kolor custom poly pearl paint.  I always wanted to do all of the work on the charger myself instead of relying on a restoration shop, although I wouldn't mind a full rotisserie bead blasted body to start with.  At least i know it has the original paint still and no body damage other than minor dings.  Some things I plan on farming out, such as suspension work and electrical reworks, but mechanicals I'd planned on doing that myself as well as the interior and paint.  I finally got the storage garage built and now have no excuse not to pursue the charger rebuild (other than limited funds due to being between IT jobs right now) I have the time, but not the cash, but that will come in time i'm sure.  Of course I could always sell the stealth but I have a problem letting old cars go.  Especially ones I've driven for 10 years.
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

Lord Warlock

figured i'd comment, car isn't finished still, but it is a lot closer than it was.  Still haven't called or ordered a replacement fender tag...seemed unimportant until it got further along.  Original posts were back in 2006 when I first built the garage it sits in, this week I just had a driveway poured to the back garage, now the charger can drive on concrete to the street.  I fully expect to get the car on the road in the next two months...I hope. 

Rare? yes it is, not much of a survivor anymore, original paint was stripped to bare metal and repainted using single stage polyurethane enamel. Interior was redone with a legendary set of covers, and front door panels.  My upper door panels were always a different color than the lower door panel, but looked saddle, I opted to paint the upper panels to match the dash in bluebird brown, not stock, but works for me.  New headliner is in, new windshield, new trunk floor, patch panel on right rear lower quarter, new brakes, brake lines, fuel line, fuel tank and sending unit. Right now, i'm working on new seat belts, glove box, stereo system, engine bay wiring, new alternator and distributor.  Still have a few things to get finished but am hoping to roll it out soon.  I'll post a picture or two when it rolls out under its own power again.  Shouldn't be too long. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

ht4spd307

i have the same car well sort of y3 rt se :cheers: on the other side of the big pond  not that helps your cause in any way :shruggy: