News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

install on 69 charger hooker 5210 headers on 426 hemi

Started by ernies, November 08, 2015, 01:07:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

how many 69 hemi rt chargers where produced from factory ?

3 (37.5%)
3 (37.5%)
1 (12.5%)
1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

ernies

If you are planing on installing Hooker - 5210 comp headers on your 69 hemi charger be prepared to curse every  :RantExplode:  word out of your mouth an possibly throw some tools across the garage the instructions dont tell you everything ! calling help line will leave you on hold for a while.
Some extra tips on installing these headers make sure you have no other plans for the rest of the day !
Shut your phone off an tell your girl friend that your in jail.
Have your starter mounted but dont hook up your wires yet an be sure your starter is in very good working order !
Dont use the header gaskets that come with this kit !
Be sure to glue good quality header gaskets to heads wit ultra copper sealer the day before you install headers !
Dont attempt this alone.
Drivers side unbolt proportioning valve and move it back so the front brake line is not under the header ! if not the header wont bolt up correctly an will leak an cook your brake fluid.
if you have ps remove the pump for access.
Drivers side brake outer tie rod loose an pitmin arm an idler arm an swing drag link through main header
Drivers side rear drop tube installs from bottom 1st then main header comes up an start to slip drop tube in as you bring it up in position as a team have someone
help at the top as you push from bottom.
Drivers side front drop tube installs from top if you have conversion mounts you will need long screw driver to aid this in position to slip into main header.
When you have the header bolted in place then you can reassemble the drag link an hook up starter wires.
Pray your starter never goes bad ! or you will go through this pain staking process all over again.

Passenger side remove fuel pump an valve cover an alternator an alignment covers to gain access its tight !
Passenger side is a little bit better the drop tube installs from bottom an slip in main header as you push it up in place having someone help at top in position.

Hopefully these extra tips will make the install go smoother for ya ! these are big headers an they sound good ! awesome power band strong mid range an top end i mounted these to the Indy SR1 heads that i use on my 30 over 426 Hemi an it rips !  :2thumbs:
1970 HEMI CHARGER 500 B5 tribute driver
1971 Charger Super Bee 440 4 speed V2 tribute driver