News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How many years has it been since your Charger last saw the road?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, November 07, 2015, 04:38:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

When was your Charger last on the road, running or not?

Mine runs all the time...
29 (30.5%)
6 mos.
8 (8.4%)
About a year...
0 (0%)
Been a couple years...
7 (7.4%)
At least 3 years...
1 (1.1%)
Closer to 5 years...
6 (6.3%)
Maybe near 10...
6 (6.3%)
More than a decade, but less than a dozen...
3 (3.2%)
Fifteen, at least!
5 (5.3%)
6 (6.3%)
6 (6.3%)
30+ years............
18 (18.9%)

Total Members Voted: 95

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

How long has it been since your Charger was on the road?   :scratchchin:

How long has it been, running or not?   :shruggy:

And why?   What's the story?   :popcrn:

crj1968

The tags on the 70 I just picked up were from 1994. But I got the motor and trans back in and I hope to drive it by turkey day. 

cdr

drove it yesterday, it is the only car i have.   :icon_smile_big:

car was parked in 1980 in Oklahoma , was sold to guy in north Tx in early 2000's & he got his girlfriend pregnant & sold me the car in 2011 so he could buy her a wedding ring,i got the car drivable ,tagged & insured by Aug,2014. 34 years it sat.
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Dino

Off the road since early August, hoping to have it back on the road by spring.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

charger chris

at least 15 maybe more. well iam not sure on how long its been sence it ran.

well story gos like this from what i found out. My car came out of texas it was in a junk yard for awile the junk yard had to get rid of some of there cars because a high way was going to go thou the yard so it was sould to Dr. mopar. He toke the car and parted it out and left it for dead. then some guy got what was left witch was not much and it sat in his yard with about 6 or 8 other chargers. then the guy i got the car from got the car hopeing to safe it( good chose). i seen it on ebay for sale. and i called the guy and talk to him and told i would to buy it if it didnt sell. the next day he called me and it yours. i sent the money to him and went to get the car and i been trying to get parts here and there. all most lost it in a devorce along with my roadrunner clone i been trying to put together too. But hay ill get them done. i just keep going. :cheers: :2thumbs: :coolgleamA:
i am a fair person and up frount person and try to help if i can. i love my mopars thats. all i ever owned first car was my 69 charger at the age of 15.

1969 charger Daytona clone
1969 charger sadly stolen
1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

crj1968

Nwcharger

The Daytona was abandoned in the 70's and pushed off a ravine by a bulldozer in the early 80's. The charger 500 was purchased in the early 80's And not registered for the road, just stored.
1969 coronet wagon

XH29N0G

I think every few weeks or so, and when the weather is good fit under the first category, right
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Jduv10007

Been off the road since 2007. Very sad but I am active duty military and felt bad that my mothers first car that I now own sat in the garage for so long. No longer running for many of years. I broke down and pulled out a loan and put her in the shop. She is now machanicly sound and just working on a few final things. Electrical body and interior. Soon My mother will be able to drive it again. I hope to return home in the next 4 years and she will be complete. What an amazing day that will be.

cdr

Quote from: Jduv10007 on November 07, 2015, 06:22:59 PM
Been off the road since 2007. Very sad but I am active duty military and felt bad that my mothers first car that I now own sat in the garage for so long. No longer running for many of years. I broke down and pulled out a loan and put her in the shop. She is now machanicly sound and just working on a few final things. Electrical body and interior. Soon My mother will be able to drive it again. I hope to return home in the next 4 years and she will be complete. What an amazing day that will be.

Thank you for your service !!
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

JB400

Honestly, I don't know.  I have had mine since '96, and it was off the road when I got it.

Ghoste

Jduv10007

Quote from: cdr on November 07, 2015, 06:31:43 PM
Quote from: Jduv10007 on November 07, 2015, 06:22:59 PM

Thank you for your service !!

Proud to do it. Thank you for being grateful. It means a lot to us.

flyinlow

Drove it today . Lucky I have a dependable 40+ year old American car to go get parts for my Wife's 3 year old Honda.

charger chris

i am a fair person and up frount person and try to help if i can. i love my mopars thats. all i ever owned first car was my 69 charger at the age of 15.

1969 charger Daytona clone
1969 charger sadly stolen
1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

71charger_fan

Mine got blown apart for paint in spring 2013 and is only just now coming back together.

nvrbdn

didn't have time today, so.......... will cruise tomorrow. :rofl:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

myk

.036 years.  It's been off of the road for that long because the car is no longer my daily driver; I only drive it on my days off...

NHCharger

72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

garner7555

10 YEARS, sat collecting dust most of that time, but it got paint this fall and i hope to be driving it by summer of 2017.   :yesnod:  We will see   :shruggy:
69 Charger 440 resto-mod

Baldwinvette77

It "saw" the road everytime i shoved it out on the driveway, it was hauled to my house from the states about 3 years ago, it last drove under its own power like.. who the hell knows how long? the early 90's?  However theres not much left of the original car.. Maybe other parts of it are currently on the road  :shruggy:  :think:

69rtse4spd

The 70 might hit the road before the snow get here, been working on it & other things. Now the rest of them been 20 pluse years, life gets in the way.

marshallfry01

My 70 has been off the road since 1984... 31 years ago. I'm 21 years old. That seems like forever when you put it in that perspective.  :o
1969 Charger 383/auto
1969 Charger R/T 440/auto (waiting to be restored)
1972 Chevelle SS clone 383 sbc
1959 Chevy Apache short bed stepside
1968 Charger (glorified parts car)
Yes, I know I have too many cars. My wife reminds me daily.

nvrbdn

I can brag that it runs now, but mine was under construction for 16 years while life was getting in the way. plus all the work that needed to be done. that's why my kid wrote "NVRBDN1" in the dust on the windshield for "never be done". keep driving for the finish.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

69bronzeT5

I believe the last time mine was on the road was 1985. The original owner bought it new in Edmonton, Alberta and drove it until 1979 before trading it in (his wife made him buy a station wagon). The second owner bought it and it made it's way to British Columbia with him at some point. He told me he parked it in 1985 and it just sat in his driveway after that. The third owner bought it in 1996 and took it home and used it for parts for his R/T. We bought it in 1998 and have slowly been putting it back together. So I assume the last time it was on the road was 1985.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic