News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

May need some help here guys....

Started by A383Wing, November 06, 2015, 07:51:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A383Wing

I posted this on Facebook a bit ago...and I know a lot of you who responded are also here.....

This is the plan for our purple car....Been toying with the idea of turning my car into this....I got 4 years to do it for the 50th reunion at Talladega....gonna need a few items, Vega plug, dutchman panel, trunk lid hinges, and trunk lid end cap.....I found a site online that may be able to help me with the stickers....have not heard back from them yet

I was thinking about doing the #99 car, but that one has been done at least 3 times that I know of...Doug suggested this #7 car seeing as I'm on the west coast and so was the car when it raced....

Bryan

moparstuart

you might email wayne perkins on decals he may have some of the smaller sponser decals already  farmboy36b@gmail.com

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

unrulyprocuda

Wayne may have a vega plug as well thats who i bought mine from a few years back.

moparstuart

Quote from: unrulyprocuda on November 06, 2015, 08:50:01 PM
Wayne may have a vega plug as well thats who i bought mine from a few years back.
i think wayne was one of the first to realize vega hatches were so close , he was collection those hatches 35 years ago  , but he liquidated a ton of stuff so im not sure what he still has

A383Wing

Quote from: moparstuart on November 06, 2015, 08:35:15 PM
you might email wayne perkins on decals he may have some of the smaller sponser decals already  farmboy36b@gmail.com

already talked to Wayne..all of his decals are permanently attached, no extras

moparstuart

Quote from: A383Wing on November 06, 2015, 10:21:28 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on November 06, 2015, 08:35:15 PM

already talked to Wayne..all of his decals are permanently attached, no extras
wow at one time he had a bunch of extra's  , he must have liquidated them also

RallyeMike

How far are you going to take it toward race car? I have a 2" mandrel bender that you can borrow for the cage. No parts though.

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Charger-Bodie

I have a vega hatch if your interested.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Street Teacher

I have two vega hatches also complete with trim . Stan, 515 943 2000 in iowa

A383Wing

I'm over here on the west coast...Seattle area....will keep both of you guys in mind if I can't find one over here....thanks

crj1968

I am in Boise, I know of a Vega hatchback in a wrecking yard here.   It's a pretty old school place no computers, no inventory control, they don't ship anything that I know of. Let me know if I can help via PM...that way I'll see it in my email.

Nwcharger

Quote from: A383Wing on November 07, 2015, 10:41:00 PM
I'm over here on the west coast...Seattle area....will keep both of you guys in mind if I can't find one over here....thanks

This is in Eugene Oregon. http://eugene.craigslist.org/pts/5279756997.html
1969 coronet wagon

A383Wing

Quote from: Nwcharger on November 08, 2015, 11:26:09 AM
Quote from: A383Wing on November 07, 2015, 10:41:00 PM

This is in Eugene Oregon. http://eugene.craigslist.org/pts/5279756997.html

sent him an email...will see if I can get just the hatch....thanks

talkiemopar

You can get your money back on scrap if you buy the whole thing.   MY :Twocents:  Rick.

Nwcharger

Quote from: talkiemopar on November 08, 2015, 01:51:51 PM
You can get your money back on scrap if you buy the whole thing.   MY :Twocents:  Rick.

:iagree:
1969 coronet wagon

A383Wing

Quote from: talkiemopar on November 08, 2015, 01:51:51 PM

well, it's a whole state away from me, about a 5 hour drive one way, I don't have a trailer, just my little Dakota to get the hatch....he says he wants $100...which I would give him for the plug if it's good.....I just gotta wait to hear back from him.....the ad says to call, but there is no number to call in ad, so I sent email via the "reply" button

crj1968

Quote from: A383Wing on November 08, 2015, 02:46:46 PM

well, it's a whole state away from me, about a 5 hour drive one way, I don't have a trailer, just my little Dakota to get the hatch....he says he wants $100...which I would give him for the plug if it's good.....I just gotta wait to hear back from him.....the ad says to call, but there is no number to call in ad, so I sent email via the "reply" button

The ad says; Call Rick if interested.

You know, Rick. Rick in Eugene.    :poke:   ;)

If he is moving you might try searching other ads in that are for "Rick"  and see if he has other stuff posted and an actual number.

crj1968

Here ya go !  Has contact info and looks to be the same dude....good luck!

http://eugene.craigslist.org/rvs/5298422811.html

A383Wing

djcarguy

i see hatch an trim ,dont think the glass is there???

hay Bryon iam in eugene,spfld area,could pick it up if guy will sell hatch . oregon requires title when you haul car in for scrap.

i plan to come up to sumner wa.around turkey day ,but in my Sentra,,,,may bee able to tie it on??roof?? not worried bout my 30 yr old car.  let me know??  DJ   :2thumbs:

A383Wing

Quote from: RallyeMike on November 07, 2015, 05:38:14 PM
How far are you going to take it toward race car? I have a 2" mandrel bender that you can borrow for the cage. No parts though.

not gonna do a cage inside, just everything on the outside...including the exhaust dumping in the center of the car out the sides....but thanks anyway

Dans 68

Yep, I can't see your wife getting in with a full cage installed. It would be the dog house for sure....   :rofl:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

A383Wing

finally got in touch with the guy in Eugene, the glass is gone and the hatch it pretty bad....at least from his view....so the search continues

Bryan

BigBlockSam

i used Daytonalo's trunk hinges. they fit well
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

moparstuart

Quote from: BigBlockSam on November 10, 2015, 03:59:05 PM
i used Daytonalo's trunk hinges. they fit well
before or after you beat him