News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

BBlock delete mechanical fuel pump what to do with pump rod

Started by femtnmax, November 08, 2015, 10:55:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

femtnmax

My understanding is the pump rod needs to stay in place so oil pressure does not drop at front cam/crank bearing.  If using a fuel pump block off plate, what to do so pump rod stays in place?
One thought is fit a drill bit or round stock to fit into the pump rod hole in engine block, so replacement 'filler rod' is long enough to nearly contact the block off plate.
Any suggestions?
thanks.
Phil

375instroke

My Charger had an electric pump on it when I got it.  There was no problem with oil pressure.  I took the plate off, and the old rod was sitting there, so it looks like it still covers up any oil passage that may be there.  Do you know if the rod is actually fed from the oil pump?  It might just get splash lube.  It's not like there's any real load on it.

John_Kunkel

No oil pressure to the pushrod, it's splash lubed. Leave it in or take it out, makes no difference.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.