News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dana

Started by billssuperbird, November 17, 2015, 09:45:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

billssuperbird

Can a Dana out of a Chevy vega drag car 410 gears be modified to fit a Mopar.  :shruggy:

c00nhunterjoe

Maybe, but doubtful. Need width measurements but im going to bet its a solid foot too narrow.

68pplcharger

Depends on how much they cut down the axle tubes. I put a rear end out of my old monza in my 68 Charger and it worked fine even with the factory wheel wells. the overall measurement from the wheel mounting surface (axles) was 59". My rims had a 5" back space. So there might be a little room to go shorter but not much

billssuperbird

They want 200.00 is that good price

68pplcharger

For a complete unit with posi unit still installed... yes

Even without the posi its worth it... IMHO

c00nhunterjoe

What carrier is in it? What gears? What spline axles? What is the width?

polywideblock

my understanding is the chev one does not have provision for the pinion snubber  :scratchchin:    right or wrong ?

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

firefighter3931

Quote from: billssuperbird on November 17, 2015, 09:45:09 AM
Can a Dana out of a Chevy vega drag car 410 gears be modified to fit a Mopar.  :shruggy:

Sure, anything can be made to fit !  :yesnod:

Making it work might be cost prohibitive, however....

(1) If it has a spool installed you may want to consider a Suregrip if this is going to be a street driven car  :scratchchin:

(2) Depending on the width of the assembly it might require new axle tubes to be pressed in. If it needs new axle tubes it will also need new axles as well  ;)

At $200 it may or may not be a good deal....just depends what's there and how much $$ it will need to be made usable in the new car it's destined for

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

billssuperbird

I went and looked at it. from backing to backing less then 47 inches and no pinion snubber I did not get it