News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Chargers at SEMA 2015

Started by WHITE AND RED 69, November 04, 2015, 06:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WHITE AND RED 69

Seems like there are only a couple of chargers at the SEMA show this year. Most have been around for a while but its always nice to see em. Was hoping there would be some announcements on some new mopar parts but it doesn't look like much.

I really like this black/carbon fiber 68/70. I'm hoping they actually drive this one.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

WHITE AND RED 69

:drool5:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

WHITE AND RED 69

And General Mayhem finally got the correct tail lights back on   :2thumbs:

Also this crazy 69 with a huge blower
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

WHITE AND RED 69

Couple other random shots that cars that most have seen.  :2thumbs:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

Baldwinvette77

67440chrg

Mopar Nut

Sweet!   :popcrn:

Thanks for the pictures!
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

six-tee-nine

Thanks for sharing.

The first one is a bit over the top for me but I can appreciate the mods on the red/orange one, really tastefull imo.
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

PlainfieldCharger

:cheers: Thanks for posting the pics! :2thumbs:

cincyboy

Wow, so you got to go?  I love that black/gray 70. I thought the Detroit speed car was over the top but dang!  I strangely like the Furious 7 car but I heard they were all destroyed but 1 and all had LS motors with 350 Trans.  :brickwall:    Does anyone else find these shows discouraging at times because like racing, it seems the one with the most money wins.  Hence the Rat rod movement I guess ......but even that is going high end now.  :shruggy:

Ghoste

Yes, I think the rat rod thing will soon hit its peak.  I wonder what the next fad will be.

crj1968

That first one is crazy- looking at the engine confuses me.   ;D

Mike DC

QuoteYes, I think the rat rod thing will soon hit its peak.  I wonder what the next fad will be.

That depends on how you define "rat rod".  Most of what the press calls rat rods are more like $50,000 cars with flat paint.  ('m not dissing that, just saying.)  

Frieburger's General Mayhem is the genuine article.  You still don't see that very often with the really popular 2dr 67-71 bodystyles.

Ghoste

I agree Mike, true "rat rods" have always been around and always will be.  I was thinking more about the faux distressed ones.

JR

70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

crj1968

Stevearino

Alot of money and effort to once again prove you better be very careful if you think you can improve the look of a Gen 2 Charger.   :rotz:

WHITE AND RED 69

Quote from: cincyboy on November 05, 2015, 08:14:31 AM
Wow, so you got to go?  I love that black/gray 70. I thought the Detroit speed car was over the top but dang!  I strangely like the Furious 7 car but I heard they were all destroyed but 1 and all had LS motors with 350 Trans.  :brickwall:    Does anyone else find these shows discouraging at times because like racing, it seems the one with the most money wins.  Hence the Rat rod movement I guess ......but even that is going high end now.  :shruggy:

Sadly no, I just pulled some pictures that I found on the web of the chargers at the show.

Quote from: JR on November 05, 2015, 12:27:22 PM
Found the details of the carbon fiber 70. It's named "Tantrum".

http://m.autoevolution.com/carbon-fiber-1970-dodge-charger-with-immaculate-mercury-racing-engine-debuts-at-sema-2015-video-101755.html

I didn't realize they changed the taillights? Guess I found last years photo. Damn, that was one of my favorite parts of the car.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

Brass

Lennard

Quote from: Stevearino on November 05, 2015, 01:22:55 PM
Alot of money and effort to once again prove you better be very careful if you think you can improve the look of a Gen 2 Charger.   :rotz:
Agreed, I like the General Mayhem the most and it was probably the cheapest one to build. :icon_smile_big:

odcics2

Quote from: Stevearino on November 05, 2015, 01:22:55 PM

X2. 
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

472 R/T SE

WHITE AND RED 69, with the quality of work your ride has, I would think one of the manufacturers of one of your mods would want to showcase your ride?   :shruggy:

WHITE AND RED 69

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on November 05, 2015, 06:05:18 PM
WHITE AND RED 69, with the quality of work your ride has, I would think one of the manufacturers of one of your mods would want to showcase your ride?   :shruggy:

Thanks Mike but my car doesn't have the fit and finish or the paint job that these showcase cars do. These cars have teams of professionals working on em, I'm just a chump working in a home garage  :lol:   

It would be nice to get some free parts though.   :scratchchin:   Maybe I should call up Baer and try to get some free 6 piston calipers.  :lol:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

BrianShaughnessy

Really cool!   Thanks for posting.   :2thumbs:

So many of us will probably never get to go to SEMA  :P
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

moparstuart

that first 68/70 charger  they sure made the grille look more like a torino then a charger 500
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE