News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

new to site, and my '68 Charger Project

Started by gb70, August 09, 2005, 10:30:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DC_1

I knew it!....I knew it!.....Ok......I officially hate you!!!!!!!!

Just kidding........would you like to adopt a son?????

gb70

OK

Got the Lizzard Skin in.   Also made the move to the new home!

Now I am getting the interior died red.

later,
gb

gb70

Rack

Awesome pics!

Thanks for the update.

I was wondering though, isn't the front of the engine bay (actually the part you'd see if you were looking at the front of the car) suppose to be black? Cuz won't the silver show through once you get the grill on? Or will it not even show?

Supercharged Riot

Thats YOUR garage?!

how much did it cost to have a garage like that?

What kind of autoclasses did you take before you became sufficient in auto restoration? Ive only taken basics so far an Im going to be taking an engine rebuilding class in the fall

Silver68RT

Quote from: Dave68RT on August 11, 2005, 09:23:41 PM
wow im speechless..same paint (viper silver), same interior color..wow. looks like im not the only one anymore :icon_smile_big: welcome to the site.

Wow!  That's cool - great pictures.  From what I can tell, your car and mine were twins, except mine had a 4-speed and a Dana 60.  I want it to look exactly like that when it's done, even down to the wheels, but I want some 295/50-15's out back.  The fender tag and broadcast sheet are MIA, but everything seems to point to silver paint, red interior, and a vinyl top, which I assume would have been black.  I haven't sanded through the primer and the red that are over the silver to see what color the stripe was either.  I've even got a rear defogger too.

Doug
Silver68RT

NYCMille

Hey GB70 -

I have been following this thread since it's inception - I can't wait to see your car finished. I saw Matt Delaney's Road Runner on the power tour this year and it was a nice ride - I liked the Charger he did as well but I think he got the stance and wheels all wrong also (just my opinion though), how did that thing handle, I have heard it was kind of a handful.

Again - congrats on all the progress, you have one nice ride there.

Mike (NYCMille)

gb70

Quote from: NYCMille on July 25, 2006, 06:25:25 AM
Hey GB70 -

I have been following this thread since it's inception - I can't wait to see your car finished. I saw Matt Delaney's Road Runner on the power tour this year and it was a nice ride - I liked the Charger he did as well but I think he got the stance and wheels all wrong also (just my opinion though), how did that thing handle, I have heard it was kind of a handful.

Again - congrats on all the progress, you have one nice ride there.

Mike (NYCMille)

Mike,

Thanks.  I am looking forward to getting it done and on the road once again.  When I found the car it was about 1/2 an hour from my house in CA.  The kid I got it from was going to move to southern CA to go to college and his mom wanted him to get a more reliable car.  It was broken down ans did not run.  I sealed the deal and placed it in my trailer and heled home.  The next few days I began to take it apart and begin this restoration.  The thing is I've never driven a '68 Charger before  :o so I am excited to get it on the road.  I have restored Cudas, and a B body SuperBee that was a '70 but this is my first Charger. 

Matt is a great guy.  I am sure that his '68 Charger was fast and handled right.  He is really going places that few are.  Last talked to him a week ago and he has some E Body Cudas that he is building that I am going to go check out and drive later this year.  Air bag suspensions, independent front and rears, that sound like something I might want to get into. 

As for this Charger, I think that I will enjoy it once its complete, and then let it go so I can get into another project. 

hemi68charger

Excellent !!!! Great looking car...... I like that blue that was on her originally.......   You have a great shop/garage there........

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

gb70

Quote from: hemi68charger on July 25, 2006, 11:24:26 AM
Excellent !!!! Great looking car...... I like that blue that was on her originally.......   You have a great shop/garage there........

Troy

Troy,

Thanks.  Your '68 reminded me of mine.  Same rust areas / issues.  I liked the color but just not as much as what I chose.  If I had a more desirable '68 like your Hemi I would have stayed completely factory correct.  I did keep the original 383 though just in case the next guy wants it.  Being a real 4 speed 383 it is 1 of two hundred and something.  I have the build sheet to back it up later if needed.

Shakey

Great thread - glad you came back with the update.   :yesnod:

NYCMille

Just make sure if you guys ever come to the NYC Metro area you shoot me an email and we'll meet up and go for a ride and drink in the Village. You have to see the looks on peoples faces when we take the Charger through Time Square on a Friday night... it actually does stop traffic.

Good luck with the rest of the build and please keep the updates coming, you will LOVE that car when its done.

Cheers - Mike

Shakey

Quote from: NYCMille on July 25, 2006, 12:01:58 PM
Just make sure if you guys ever come to the NYC Metro area you shoot me an email and we'll meet up and go for a ride and drink in the Village. You have to see the looks on peoples faces when we take the Charger through Time Square on a Friday night... it actually does stop traffic.

Good luck with the rest of the build and please keep the updates coming, you will LOVE that car when its done.

Cheers - Mike

Does it stall at every traffic light?   :D

NYCMille

HA! used to (damn vapor lock)... but everything all sorted out now. I'd drive this car to California tomorrow with no worries whatsoever.

PocketThunder

Quote from: Shakey on July 25, 2006, 12:28:08 PM
Quote from: NYCMille on July 25, 2006, 12:01:58 PM

Cheers - Mike

Does it stall at every traffic light?   :D

Ya the gas pedal sticks, you have to pump it to get it back off the floor... :drive:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Shakey

Quote from: NYCMille on July 25, 2006, 12:32:16 PM
HA! used to (damn vapor lock)... but everything all sorted out now. I'd drive this car to California tomorrow with no worries whatsoever.

Can you pick me up in Toronto?  I'll supply the beer and kick in $40.00 CDN for fuel.   :cheers:

gb70

tan top

looks   real good  , silver paint  - red interior , awesome color combination  , in my opinion :thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

CB

cool!
very nice 68, love the exhaust system
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

terrible one

That looks real good man. Awesome color combination, and it looks beautiful. Very nice work indeed!  :yesnod:

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Mefirst

Supercharged Riot

now i didnt read every post in this thread but...do you and Matt restore cars for a living?

gb70

Quote from: Supercharged Riot on September 04, 2006, 07:51:55 PM
now i didnt read every post in this thread but...do you and Matt restore cars for a living?

I know that Matt has been doing cars for others as well as being a commercial real estate agent, owner, Delaney Properties.

I take on a new project once every 3-4 years (my cars) not for a living.

SeattleCharger

Were you asking about rims?  I like the ones on there, they look cool, stock/black rims with silver paint on car.  Maybe just put taller and fatter tires on the back rims.   That would look cool, and also space them out wider an inch or two if you can, don't know about that, or wider rims in back if the caps will fit and you can find em, but the style of the ones you have look way cool IMO, especially with silver paint. 

Thanks for sharing the pics, looks awesome.    Wish I could do all that.   :thumbs:

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.