News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

new to site, and my '68 Charger Project

Started by gb70, August 09, 2005, 10:30:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger_Fan

Quote from: gb70 on August 10, 2005, 08:41:50 PM
I also found and restored an all original 1970 Chevelle LS6, numbers matching, POP, buildsheet, with 17,000 original miles!  
To me, those are the best lookig Chevelles made. That one sure looks good!

Hey, at least you're sampling lots of cool musclecars as you build & trade/sell. :2thumbs:
That's what Hemi71 does on the Cuda-Chally site. :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Dave68RT

wow im speechless..same paint (viper silver), same interior color..wow. looks like im not the only one anymore :icon_smile_big: welcome to the site.

'68 Charger R/T

ChargerHound69

Those are some great looking cars, I love the one with the Viper motor. 

gb70

Quote from: Dave68RT on August 11, 2005, 09:23:41 PM
wow im speechless..same paint (viper silver), same interior color..wow. looks like im not the only one anymore :icon_smile_big: welcome to the site.

Dave, do you have any pics of your interior I could see.  I know in my minds eye what to expect, but that would be helpful.  Like your taiste in color schemes :icon_smile_big:  Mine will not have a vynol roof however.  The car did not come with one and I am going to keep it that way.  I like the look of yours however.

chargerhunter

AWESOME CAR, AWESOME GARAGE.  :icon_smile_approve:

My buddy has a V-10 Viper motor for his wife's Charger. He says you have to move  a section of the firewall back 6'' for the motor to clear.
68 Charger R/T clone 440/4spd
converted to '69 General Lee

68 Charger 383/727

Dave68RT

'68 Charger R/T

Doc74

Being a bodyman and restorer for over 15 years, I am very pleased to see what you did and are doing with your charger but there's one thing that made me even happier, the way you keep your garage is just amazing, totally love it, more people should realize what a difference it makes working in a clean AND organized shop.My boss should be one of those....
Anyways superb work, I'll be following your project closely.

And welcome to the site.

Quote from: PocketThunder on August 10, 2005, 04:46:30 PM

i think he was thinking about selling them to go with something different....?

Say what?NYC where are ya?I want those, not that I have money or anything, could trade the charger for them but that would be kinda pointless..... :icon_smile_big:
No seriously...how much ?  :D

Blusmbl

Nice '68.  I can't wait to see pictures of it completely assembled!
Caintmakit Racing: Craptastic!
-66 BondoVille Roadster
-05 QC Hemi Ram
-looking for another '68-'69 Charger

cudaken

For the last two pages I have just been sitting here with my mouth hanging open and shaking my head.

Tory, just go ahead and give him 5 star's.

Cuda Ken
I am back

ramit

Matt is a freakin' genius.  He builds the coolest rides I have ever seen.

runningman

Did you spray the lizard skin yet?  I am thinking of doing that to mine also, just wondering what you thought of it.  thanks!!  Sweet car!

Khyron

Quote from: cudaken on September 09, 2005, 10:14:06 AM
For the last two pages I have just been sitting here with my mouth hanging open and shaking my head.

Tory, just go ahead and give him 5 star's.

Cuda Ken

no joke!  :o :o :o

Nice work!

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Dale The Bold

Quote from: gb70 on August 09, 2005, 10:30:51 PMI have chosen to go with a red interior in place of the black.   I think that it will look real sharp inside of the silver outside paint.

Excellent choice.  I think any red/silver/black combo looks great on these cars.  I've grown tired of seeing black interiors.
Matt. 14:8 (KJV) "And she, being before instructed of her mother, said, 'give me here John Baptist's head in a Charger.'"

cold85

you stole my paint code that i used. just kidding very nice car though can not wait to see pics of it complete

gb70

Quote from: runningman on September 09, 2005, 10:52:37 AM
Did you spray the lizard skin yet?   I am thinking of doing that to mine also, just wondering what you thought of it.   thanks!!   Sweet car!

Thanks.

My wife and I have sold are home and are moving this month 10 miles south to a home in the country with land.   I am busy getting all packed up and hope to get the lizzard skin done after we move.   The new home also has a 1500 sf detatched garage so working in there will be great.   Like my old home but only bigger garage space.  

With the move and all, my project will again be delayed, but hey that's life.   Upside is a much bigger detached garage now!

As soon as its done I will post some pics and let you know how I like it.   Real test is later after I am able to drive the Charger so I can tell how it dampens the noise and heat.   Of course that day I think that my mind will be racing trying to notice every detail.

ChargerSG

Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

DC_1

When you say you are going to post pics I hope you are talking about the garage as well. From what I have seen so far your organization and cleaning habits give me something to asspire to! .......oh and I luv your Charger too !!!!!!! :icon_smile_big:

runningman

Are you going to spray it yourself?  It looks like you need a special sprayer or something for it?

gb70

Quote from: Sydmoe on September 09, 2005, 06:08:30 PM
When you say you are going to post pics I hope you are talking about the garage as well. From what I have seen so far your organization and cleaning habits give me something to asspire to! .......oh and I luv your Charger too !!!!!!! :icon_smile_big:

Here are a few pics that I took when checking out the home while the home inspector was doing his job that day.   Keep in mind that these are photos of the sellers stuff in there, as he has not moved out yet.   Once we have closed escrow and the owner moves out I want to first replace his concrete coating he has there now and place down black and white checker board flooring.   Also want to place my 4 post lift in the back on the right.   I really like the high ceilings and the fact that walls are all finished off

There is also 600 sf of actual living space above that I want to convert to a hang out place with a TV and bar.

gb70

Quote from: runningman on September 10, 2005, 02:11:54 AM
Are you going to spray it yourself?   It looks like you need a special sprayer or something for it?

Here is the link to the product    http://www.lizardskin.com/default.html

Link to the application

http://www.lizardskin.com/pages/spray_kit_application.htm

A good freind of mine had told me of the product, and he also knows of a guy that has done quite a bit for custom rods.   I need to speak with that guy myself and see how he applies it.   From what I gather you need the LizardSkin Super Pro spray gun kit in order to do it. I need to call and find out just how much they want for that kit.   If that kit cost more than what this guy may charge me to apply it for me, then I will let him go ahead and do it.   I may just do it myself even if the Pro spray gun kit is pricey.   I figure I could use it again someday, or do it for a buddy later on his project.

gb70

Quote from: cold85 on September 09, 2005, 01:46:34 PM
you stole my paint code that i used. just kidding very nice car though can not wait to see pics of it complete

nice ride! :thumbs:  What type of tires and wheels are you running?  size to.

Charger_Fan

That new garage looks great!
The previous owner must have stumbled on a ceiling fan closeout somewhere along the way, huh? :icon_smile_big:

Very nice, definite garage envy here. :wave: :lol:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

DC_1

Beautiful garage......nice Charger restore.......great Cuda..........if your wife is a hot blond with big guns I thank I am going to kill myself!!!!!!

Just kidding!!!!!!!!!

PocketThunder

Quote from: Sydmoe on September 12, 2005, 11:22:39 AM
Beautiful garage......nice Charger restore.......great Cuda..........if your wife is a hot blond with big guns I thank I am going to kill myself!!!!!!

Just kidding!!!!!!!!!

Bwahahaha!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

gb70

Quote from: Sydmoe on September 12, 2005, 11:22:39 AM

Just kidding!!!!!!!!!

;D :icon_smile_big:  Sorry, not blond, but big guns!!  :icon_smile_approve: