News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

new to site, and my '68 Charger Project

Started by gb70, August 09, 2005, 10:30:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spike

Great work so far, looking forward to the finished project. Awesome color combo!!!!!

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

1fine69

welcome n very very nice ride i give it 3 thumbs up ( medical defect ! ) silver has always been my fav! looks like you did a lot of work and it sure looks faboulous! any help we can be of just ask away!  :pity:
THE DEVIL'S A PIMP DON'T BE HIS HOE!

gb70

more progress pics

Grill

from the rear pics

I still need to paint it flat black

Interior goes in this weekend

Hemidog

SeattleCharger

Can I bring my car over for a while?     :icon_smile_big:     Everything on your car is looking at least like new.   

Is that a roadrunner or belvedere in front of your Charger up on the lift?  

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

Brock Samson

YUMMIE!  :drool5: you do good work!
how about a few pics of the Runner/GTX on the lift too?.  ;D

SeattleCharger

dang,  I meant roadrunner,  could be a gtx, thx brock    :icon_smile_blackeye:  :icon_smile_big:

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

Charger_Fan

I just noticed the pentastar in the cement on your garage floor...COOL IDEA! :thumbs:

Your project's lookin' sweet, keep those pics comin'. :scope: :drool5:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

gb70

Interior is in.  Need to change out the steering wheel, order new tires and wheels, place in the Griffen aluminum radiator, and button up some issues.  Not long now.

Brock Samson

increadably the bar has been raised yet again..
the back seat is S M O K E N !                                      :yesnod:

skip68

Thank's for letting us see a very very very nice resto job  :drool5: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:  Can I bring my car to your house :bow: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:   Chuck.......................
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

DC_1

Brock Samson

btw: you get my vote for best garage too...  ;D

Moparman01

gb70...hey man you're not from upstate NY are you?? I remember seeing a rolling shell exactly like your Charger, done very nice, for sale on a flatbed truck at the Central NY Mopar Asso. Mopar Madness show this year up in Liverpool NY. The car had no interior in it yet and i don't remember if the engine was in it or not, but wow what a beautifull job they did on the body work, silver with black rump stripe just like yours. Anyways, wheather it was your car or not, dude you Charger looks mind blowingly awesome...love the red interior!!! Nice job man!!!

gb70

Quote from: Moparman01 on October 27, 2006, 02:49:50 PM
gb70...hey man you're not from upstate NY are you?? I remember seeing a rolling shell exactly like your Charger, done very nice, for sale on a flatbed truck at the Central NY Mopar Asso. Mopar Madness show this year up in Liverpool NY. The car had no interior in it yet and i don't remember if the engine was in it or not, but wow what a beautifull job they did on the body work, silver with black rump stripe just like yours. Anyways, wheather it was your car or not, dude you Charger looks mind blowingly awesome...love the red interior!!! Nice job man!!!

Nope, I picked this one up in San Ramon, CA, or close to there.  If you check out the first page this was the car with the original interior, engines, etc.  It has just came a long ways since that point.

It has been three long years, two home moves got in the way.  I did alot of the initial work, but I can't take ALL the credit.  The paint was done by my old next door neighbor's shop.  The interior was reconditioned by just dashes, a fellow Mopar enthusiust from Diamond Springs, contributed greatly.  Matt Delaney built the 472" cu 400 stroker engine. 

I really appriciate all your kind words and encouragement.  Should not be much longer now.

Charger_Fan

How satisfied are you with the work from Just Dashes? I've heard stories from some who are less than satisfied, saying that the parts lose a lot of their "crispness" during the process...like the edges of the parts are more rounded & some of the lines aren't as sharp any more.
Just wondering your opinion. :icon_smile:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

gb70

gb70

Quote from: Sydmoe on October 27, 2006, 09:13:52 AM
that colour combo looks great!!

I agree.  When I thought about going this route I just knew it would look awesome.  My next door neighbor, that had owned a paint shop mixed up a combo of Viper Siler, Mecedes Silver, added metalic flake (my idea), and pearl, all in one.  The pics don't do it justice.  The interior is the '68 Burgandy color and man is it sharp against this silver.

I ordered a new Griffin aluminum radiator yesterday.  I still need to get some wheels and tires.  What are you guys feeling?  I am leaning towards Magnum 500's but that's the ol school in me.  Throw some ideas with pics at this topic and keep in mind how it looks now.  This is a 472" cu stroker, so it is bad to the bone.

BigBlockSam

thats a great reto on your charger. cuddoos to your garger . very nice . Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

gb70

New Billet Specialties Seprentine pulley system

gb70

gb70

Had to have a custom made bracket to support the fans that will allow room for them to fit

Mounted to my Griffin Aluminum radiator

High flow, low profile fans to help keep this Matt Delaney 400 stroked to 472" cubic inch monster cool

Close fit

gb70

The next fab work was getting the power steering reservoir to fit.  Had it built right into the battery tray.

Not my battery but checking fit