News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

727 issues after carb swap

Started by Stegs, November 04, 2015, 07:41:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

68charger440

Quote from: ODZKing on November 10, 2015, 08:50:14 AM
But as mentioned by someone previously, if it was fine before and nothing was taken completely apart. And the only thing that was done was the install of the carb, it has to be up top.
IF you want to know if it's the trans, replace the carb with the old one. If it's fine, the issue is just an adjustment as stated.
Once you take the springs off to replace the carb it can allow the rod and lower bellcrank to move freely into the improper position.  Then when you put the new carb on and reattach the springs it holds the rod in the incorrect position.
When someone is absolutely 100% sure they know exactly what your problem is and how to fix it, it's time to ask someone else!

Stegs

Quote from: 68charger440 on November 10, 2015, 09:18:31 AM
Quote from: ODZKing on November 10, 2015, 08:50:14 AM
But as mentioned by someone previously, if it was fine before and nothing was taken completely apart. And the only thing that was done was the install of the carb, it has to be up top.
IF you want to know if it's the trans, replace the carb with the old one. If it's fine, the issue is just an adjustment as stated.
Once you take the springs off to replace the carb it can allow the rod and lower bellcrank to move freely into the improper position.  Then when you put the new carb on and reattach the springs it holds the rod in the incorrect position.

its got me thinking maybe thats what happened maybe

Ill look when i get home, i printed off 2 of those diagrams....hopefully thats it!

My trans was 100% perfect before the carb went on....has to be something im overlooking