News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Any particular valve stem seal kit I need?

Started by Dino, November 06, 2015, 09:50:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

I'm doing some engine work, getting a Crower 271hdp cam & comp cam #911 springs.  346 heads.  Which valve stem seal kit would be recommended?  Daily driver deal, no racing, only the occasional punch from a stop.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

BSB67

Quote from: Dino on November 06, 2015, 09:50:26 AM
I'm doing some engine work, getting a Crower 271hdp cam & comp cam #911 springs.  346 heads.  Which valve stem seal kit would be recommended?  Daily driver deal, no racing, only the occasional punch from a stop.

Have they been machined for seals or untouched factory originals.  If the latter, I don't know if there are options.

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
4150 lbs with driver, 3.23 gear, stock converter
11.68 @ 120.2 mph

Dino

BSB67

They all look the same, but don't know if there are good ones verses not so good.  I just threw away two new sets of these on Thursday that I would have sent to your for nothing.  Kinda funny. 

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
11.68 @ 120.2 mph

Dino

Hilarious

So do I need umbrella type seals for the exhaust or the ones that look like the intake seals?  Anyone have a part number?  I don't know what to look for here.

BSB67

11.68 @ 120.2 mph

Dino

John_Kunkel

With umbrella seals, I'd use silicone...they seem to survive heat without becoming brittle.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

BSB67

Quote from: John_Kunkel on November 09, 2015, 02:24:45 PM

With umbrella seals, I'd use silicone...they seem to survive heat without becoming brittle.

Good to know.  Brittle is the issue.

11.68 @ 120.2 mph