News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

WHo is using the Repop Tic Toc Tach?

Started by DC_1, January 16, 2006, 10:45:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DC_1

WHat do you think....I remember reading a post somewhere that the font is a little different. Can you use your existing clock or do you need to get the  entire assb'y? I have been looking for an original one on Ebay but they don't come up to often, They seem to be expensive and they look like they need complete restoration before they could be used.

ChargerRob

I have a Tic Toc Tach from Charger Specialties and it looks and work OK. My only problem is with the clock adjuster. It pulled out and now I cant set my clock.
Mighty Mean Mexican Mopar

DC_1

so what do you do.......... disconnect the batt until the actual time gets to be your charger time and then reconnect!!!!........heheheheheheh

694spdRT

I have a Charger Specialties Tic Toc Tach also.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

8WHEELER

Quote from: ChargerRob on January 16, 2006, 04:11:25 PM
I have a Tic Toc Tach from Charger Specialties and it looks and work OK. My only problem is with the clock adjuster. It pulled out and now I cant set my clock.

How long have you had  it? They say there is like a 1yr warranty on it, send it back they will fix it, maybe for free.
I talk to them in person several times a year at local shows, only one unit went bad and it was crushed in shipping. I
am sure they will be glad to help you.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

ChargerRob

Quote from: Sydmoe on January 16, 2006, 05:59:51 PM
so what do you do.......... disconnect the batt until the actual time gets to be your charger time and then reconnect!!!!........heheheheheheh

That's exactly what I do.  :icon_smile: I've had my Charger Specialties Tac for about 4 years and only recently did have a problem with the clock adjuster. :-\

MadScientist

OK So heres a question for you TTT guys.  I spoke with the gentleman from Charger Specialties as I was loking at that unit and mentioned I already had an original one.  He then asked "Did you switch to an electronic ignition?"  I said yes.  He then said that my tach would be all over the place with the electronic ignition.

I havent hooked it up yet, but is there any truth to this?

Thanks
MS

Troy

Quote from: MadScientist on January 28, 2006, 12:36:18 AM
OK So heres a question for you TTT guys. I spoke with the gentleman from Charger Specialties as I was loking at that unit and mentioned I already had an original one. He then asked "Did you switch to an electronic ignition?" I said yes. He then said that my tach would be all over the place with the electronic ignition.

Thanks
MS
Yes. You should start a new thread or check some of the existing ones on this topic over in electrical. It's a fairly comon problem. :thumbs:

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

MadScientist

smokinrt

On the stem (inside) is a very small screw, using a screwdriver, small like the type used for eye glasses, streight edge, just tighten down. hope this helps.

smokinrt!

tan top

i  think some one from  on here asked charger specialties  a wile  back about the new   tic toc tec and it was supposed to be compatible with electronic ignition ,   :scratchchin:  might be wrong though.
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Charger4404spd

Quote from: MadScientist on January 28, 2006, 12:36:18 AM
OK So heres a question for you TTT guys.  I spoke with the gentleman from Charger Specialties as I was loking at that unit and mentioned I already had an original one.  He then asked "Did you switch to an electronic ignition?"  I said yes.  He then said that my tach would be all over the place with the electronic ignition.

Thanks
MS

I switched to electronic ignition and my factory tach still works ok. For now!

ChargerRob

I also switched to electronic ingition and my tach works great.  ;D

I will be taking out my tach this weekend to try and fix the adjusting knob. Thanks smokinrt

Ricardo

Wakko

They sell an adaptor to run electronic ignition with the old tach.  I have a Jacob's ignition and had to disconnect my tach, it was all over the place and I did not want to damage it.
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM