News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New TrickFlow 240 heads

Started by 303 Mopar, September 22, 2015, 09:09:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BSB67

Quote from: Slider on October 12, 2015, 02:27:00 PM
Watching this thread closely. In the market for new heads and was almost sold on the 440 stealths doing my own port and polish. With the TRs already done with the upgrades built in this sounds like a much better way to go as long as they are still at a reasonable price. Anyone get them on a dyno'ed engine yet???? Love to see some real world numbers with decent cam/rocker and intake setup.

If you were going to do the "port and polish" yourself, I suspect that you could very well ruin a good pair of heads.  Get the TF, or have a professional do the Stealths, if you need the power, and the heads are limiting.

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
4150 lbs with driver, 3.23 gear, stock converter
11.68 @ 120.2 mph

heyoldguy

Quote from: Challenger340 on October 03, 2015, 11:04:08 AM
Quote from: heyoldguy on October 02, 2015, 11:37:32 AM
I guess we'll know more about them on Tuesday when the first pair arrive here at the shop.

That'll be very cool Jim ! :2thumbs:

I just can't think of a more reputable guy to do a professional assessment on these new heads than YOU, keep us posted as time permits will ya ?
(I am currently bench-less and waiting... LOL !)  

Thank you, you have always been kind, but dealing with these heads has left a bad taste in my mouth. Not because of the heads, they are an excellent product, but because of some of the attacks I've faced on other websites. If you get a different result than their buddy or head porter you must be cheating or lying. I'm tired of racing flowbenches. I guess it's fear that I have discovered something they haven't. I think I'm about done reporting airflow results I get on cylinder heads and just let engine results speak for themselves. Of course then my dyno won't be to their liking. As soon as I can calm down I'll have some more information on the heads.

GPULLER

Quote from: heyoldguy on October 14, 2015, 10:39:43 AM
I guess we'll know more about them on Tuesday when the first pair arrive here at the shop.

I just can't think of a more reputable guy to do a professional assessment on these new heads than YOU, keep us posted as time permits will ya ?

Thank you, you have always been kind, but dealing with these heads has left a bad taste in my mouth. Not because of the heads, they are an excellent product, but because of some of the attacks I've faced on other websites. If you get a different result than their buddy or head porter you must be cheating or lying. I'm tired of racing flowbenches. I guess it's fear that I have discovered something they haven't. I think I'm about done reporting airflow results I get on cylinder heads and just let engine results speak for themselves. Of course then my dyno won't be to their liking. As soon as I can calm down I'll have some more information on the heads.

As soon as you calm down get those TF's on your low comp test mule so we can get some power numbers.   :icon_smile_big:

ChargerST

Hello Jim,
I've always enjoyed reading your posts! I saw the thread you're talking about and it seems like it's just people who don't have a proven track record who complain. Personally I don't care about absolute flow numbers but I do care about the relative differences between heads. Don't be bothered by some jack..... and keep up your great work!  :2thumbs:

XH29N0G

I imagine there are others (like me) who appreciate seeing the information.  Thanks for the reports so far.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Brass

Quote from: XH29N0G on October 14, 2015, 01:22:50 PM
I imagine there are others (like me) who appreciate seeing the information.  Thanks for the reports so far.

X2.   :yesnod:

heyoldguy

Now this is going to be fun. We are building two pump gas stock stroke 440s. One with Trick Flow heads and a street solid roller and another with Edelbrock Victor heads and a custom solid flat tappet. I will try to keep you posted.

XH29N0G

Thanks, I will be interested to see the results.   :2thumbs:
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Challenger340

I quit discussing Flow numbers on the internet a looong time ago for 2 reasons ?
1.) Wanna see supposedly smart enough car guys to be involved in a thermodynamics discussion instantly turn into penis-heads ?
just post up a 2nd set of Flow Numbers...... GAME ON !
2.) back in the day.... we were using an 8-71 Blower powered by a 10hp 3 ph motor off a VFD, BIG surge tank to dampen the PD pump pulse, loooong runs to straighten before the orifice plate(changeable for sensitivity to small changes in the range we were targeting) then to the inclined and vertical manos.
Think THAT, and THOSE numbers we posted didn't cause some "controversy" ?

We later moved into the industry "standard" SF systems .... they work(with deficiencies to R & D),....  but as we all know THOSE numbers will also change(same as any bench WILL change) even on the SAME head according to differing test parameters ?

Long story short..... IMO
a Flowbench is just a "tool" to measure up or down. The only correlation from ANY Flow to anything else in my books, is the Dyno results that particular builder see's on his Dyno from his Flow Bench work ?

Nonetheless, IMO
it is always nice to read Flow test results/numbers from reputable/proven Engine Builders..... rather than dorks with a bench that never built/tested anything in their lives ? and merely race "benches" from a keyboard in their mom's basement !
just say'in.....
arguing over the internet with idiots just brings a guy DOWN to their level ?

Sorry for the rant Jim... just surprised a guy your stature would even listen to that garbage !
All I DO KNOW....
is I think people here, would appreciate ANY tests/assessments you would be willing to share on the new TF240 heads.

Bob @ rmp  
Only wimps wear Bowties !

BIGBLCK11

Quote from: Challenger340 on October 24, 2015, 10:50:09 AM
...All I DO KNOW....
is I think people here, would appreciate ANY tests/assessments you would be willing to share on the new TF240 heads.

Bob @ rmp  

:iagree:   Always interested in your posts!   :cheers:

heyoldguy

Quote from: Challenger340 on October 24, 2015, 10:50:09 AM

I quit discussing Flow numbers on the internet a looong time ago for 2 reasons ?
1.) Wanna see supposedly smart enough car guys to be involved in a thermodynamics discussion instantly turn into penis-heads ?
just post up a 2nd set of Flow Numbers...... GAME ON !
2.) back in the day.... we were using an 8-71 Blower powered by a 10hp 3 ph motor off a VFD, BIG surge tank to dampen the PD pump pulse, loooong runs to straighten before the orifice plate(changeable for sensitivity to small changes in the range we were targeting) then to the inclined and vertical manos.
Think THAT, and THOSE numbers we posted didn't cause some "controversy" ?

We later moved into the industry "standard" SF systems .... they work(with deficiencies to R & D),....  but as we all know THOSE numbers will also change(same as any bench WILL change) even on the SAME head according to differing test parameters ?

Long story short..... IMO
a Flowbench is just a "tool" to measure up or down. The only correlation from ANY Flow to anything else in my books, is the Dyno results that particular builder see's on his Dyno from his Flow Bench work ?

Nonetheless, IMO
it is always nice to read Flow test results/numbers from reputable/proven Engine Builders..... rather than dorks with a bench that never built/tested anything in their lives ? and merely race "benches" from a keyboard in their mom's basement !
just say'in.....
arguing over the internet with idiots just brings a guy DOWN to their level ?

Sorry for the rant Jim... just surprised a guy your stature would even listen to that garbage !
All I DO KNOW....

Bob @ rmp  

Pride, I let my pride get the best of me this time.

c00nhunterjoe

I like to see flow bench data as a before and after, much like dyno results. It is a good tool to show YOUR improvements. I gave up caring what other people think long ago.