News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone here tried Hydroboost brake system before?

Started by ytcharger, October 15, 2015, 11:31:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1970Moparmann

Quote from: myk on October 18, 2015, 09:47:42 AM
What system/parts are you using?

Hydratech Kit.  The only issue I had is the Master Cylinder went out after about 4,000 miles.  I put a Wilwood one on as a replacement and the last 2,000 have been good!
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

myk

Looks like I've got the first candidate for consideration, then...

Mike DC

I think this subject is overdue for that big epic once-and-for-all magazine article.  You know, the one that thoroughly explains all the common/practical swapping options and everyone is still referencing it 15 years later. 

Rolling_Thunder

I believe "Chevelle" magazine did it about a year ago...    dont quote me 100% on it but one of the mags did....   it was like a 2 page deal....     :shruggy:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

bill440rt

Hydratech kit here as well, ordered thru RMS.
Don't remember paying anywhere near that as referenced in a previous post, but again this is going back a few years.
Came as a complete kit, lines, everything. Very easy to install. Only "mod" I had to do was just open up slightly two of the holes on the firewall for the bolts to pass thru. Just a little work with a file is all.
Awesome upgrade, compliments the Wilwood disc/disc setup very well.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

68ChargerJMP

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on October 17, 2015, 11:19:05 PM
Did it years ago -   Chevy astro van booster, buddy owed me a favor so he scored one and rebuilt it for me. Ramcharger brake booster, fabbed a pushrod pedal. ordered a mounting bracket from Talon hydraulic - had Earl's lines made and bolted the bad boy in.

total investment was somewhere around $200....    the mounting bracket and the lines were the highest costing parts.

I know I'm dredging up an old thread......but why did you need a ramcharger booster with the hydroboost???...did you mean master cylinder?

Also, what year astro van or gm HB will work? I almost got one from a 96 astro van today but it was angled way down so I didn't get it....thanks.

Dino

Quote from: 68ChargerJMP on December 17, 2016, 10:03:59 PM
Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on October 17, 2015, 11:19:05 PM
Did it years ago -   Chevy astro van booster, buddy owed me a favor so he scored one and rebuilt it for me. Ramcharger brake booster, fabbed a pushrod pedal. ordered a mounting bracket from Talon hydraulic - had Earl's lines made and bolted the bad boy in.

total investment was somewhere around $200....    the mounting bracket and the lines were the highest costing parts.

I know I'm dredging up an old thread......but why did you need a ramcharger booster with the hydroboost???...did you mean master cylinder?

Also, what year astro van or gm HB will work? I almost got one from a 96 astro van today but it was angled way down so I didn't get it....thanks.

Yes he meant master cylinder. I got the same one. Don't get the angled booster. I got mine off a '94 I believe. Just make sure it's straight and you'll be good to go. Paid around $45 for mine including shipping from a wrecking yard through Ebay. I got the billet mounting plate from Talon. You could make one yourself but the talon ones are really nice and come with the socket tool.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

68ChargerJMP

Toni

I done hydroboost swap at very low cost.  You can read more at my topic.  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,111884.75.html

I have to say that i love it. 

In next spring i'm going to install small cooler.
If the whether is very hot and i cruising slow at long time then brakes start to drag.  I blame the heat of that.

Toni.

One mopar

Thanks guys for the input was going to skip the cooler  :icon_smile_big: but you're saying it's best not to? Thanks bill440rt I believe that are cars have similar brakes willwood 6 piston 12.88 rotors in the furnd and 4 piston 11in rotors ish in the back I'm glad that I'm not the only one who likes hyroboosted breaks ;D on mine I'm looking for the bendix abs 9 or 10 master cylinder just haven't gotten my hands on one yet driving me up the wall  :brickwall: I'd use the bosh one but its bigger and I'm working on putting a recirculating lines ( like a race car that cools its brake fluid. I'm going to daily drive it and maybe auto X ) and abs some time soon the abs box isn't going to be much use intell I get the right parts but I'm planning a head so can for now I have a 383 ish RB big block all so getting cheep twin turbochargers T4 B 2 frame  :Twocents: any one with an idea chime in

Yatzee

In reply to your query I have now had hydra boost on my car since October 2015 without a single issue. That was the first time I posted an answer to someone's question. Most units will fit on almost any vehicle by adapting the mounting plate ( I used two 1" channels to bridge the mounting hole differences) and you can now purchase an adjustable push rod. Plumbing is very simple provided you're using a Saginaw pump and I have since flipped my unit which puts the hydraulic lines on the same side as the inner fender shield. Have to do a "double take" to see the lines.

One mopar

Thanks for advice  ;D some people say they have lots of problems with them :shruggy:  I got to drive a Diesel truck ( 2003  dura Max and a power stroke) and that's what sold me on one and the family . Because of the parts that I'm using I basically have a 12 L x6 H x6 W inch box 📦 to work with the jeep that's got the bendix one is from 1985-1995~ xj / kcars with ABS aka anti-lock brakes

One mopar

Ok so update I got one yay  :icon_smile_big: I think it even works its from a 1990 xj jeep Cherokee at hard rock 4x4 in San Diego California jonn is who I talk to so helpful and so far very reasonable  :2thumbs: