News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Seattle to Talladega and back

Started by hergfest, October 15, 2015, 02:07:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hergfest

I know we have a Talladega thread but I thought I would make a new one and document the trip from Seattle to Talladega.  We are leaving Seattle on Saturday the 17th and will be in Atlanta Wednesday night October 21st.  We are taking a T7 Charger 500, a V2 4-spd Daytona, and a B5 Six Pack 4-spd Bird.  All driven, no trailers.  It'll be about 6,000 miles round trip.  I'll post updates and pics from the road as we go.  Might be meeting up with another Bird in Butte, MT.

djcarguy

Sounds great all the best on the trip. about started a thread few weeks ago to see if any western state guys were going. I HAVE CASH an been driving an working on Mopars for 40 yrs...

Need any backup Drives??? Very late now if ya leave the 17th?  dreamed of going. WELL  have a great an safe time in those awesum cars ,crossing america ,like a trip in time..

awsum event to ya, :2thumbs: :cheers: :2thumbs: :cheers: :popcrn: DJ,oregon

please take an post lots of wing pixs... :popcrn:  MOPar pixs too  :popcrn:

hemi68charger

to a safe and trouble-free adventure !!   :cheers:

See ya there........
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hergfest

We have nine guys in three cars so three each.  Makes the gas bill a lot better!  As of now, we are taking I-90 past Billings.  Then I-25 south, cut across to I-80 at Scottsbluff, then 29 to Kansas City, 70 to St. Louis, 64 then 24 to Nashville, then 75 into Atlanta.  We want to get off the freeways and do some two lanes but five days is a pretty tight schedule.  Going home is up in the air at this point.  I think we'll end up in Colorado Springs and do Pikes Peak if the weather cooperates.  Then across I-70 then Salt Lake, then home from there.

moparstuart

Quote from: hergfest on October 15, 2015, 12:10:46 PM
We have nine guys in three cars so three each.  Makes the gas bill a lot better!  As of now, we are taking I-90 past Billings.  Then I-25 south, cut across to I-80 at Scottsbluff, then 29 to Kansas City, 70 to St. Louis, 64 then 24 to Nashville, then 75 into Atlanta.  We want to get off the freeways and do some two lanes but five days is a pretty tight schedule.  Going home is up in the air at this point.  I think we'll end up in Colorado Springs and do Pikes Peak if the weather cooperates.  Then across I-70 then Salt Lake, then home from there.
if you hit Kc at a time im free or spend the night id love to say High , Other wise i'll meet you in Alabama on thursday evening

hergfest

I'll post some pics later when I have WiFi. Stayed in Burley, ID, last night. Just hit Wyoming and hope to be in central Nebraska tonight.

stripedelete

Try to hit that Chattanooga to Atlanta stretch between 10-2pm.   

What part of Atlanta are you headed to ?

1970Moparmann

Quote from: hergfest on October 18, 2015, 11:24:31 AM
I'll post some pics later when I have WiFi. Stayed in Burley, ID, last night. Just hit Wyoming and hope to be in central Nebraska tonight.

What a road trip!   Will be looking for the pictures! :2thumbs:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

hergfest

I think we are staying at a friend of a friend's place 45 minutes south of town.

hergfest

hergfest

Miner's Burger in Yakima, WA, the 1st day.  They have great burgers

hergfest

The Dodge dealer in La Grande, OR, wanted pictures of the cars in front of his dealer with his two Hellcats.  He happened to see us gassing up in town.

hergfest

hergfest

Already halfway across Nebraska, hoping to make it past Kansas City tomorrow closer to St. Louis.  Made really good time, the new 80 MPH speed limits in Idaho, Utah, and Wyoming helped.  We made miles so we can screw around the next three days.  Supposed to do some garage tours tomorrow and if we have time get off the interstates and see the country on some two lanes.

8WHEELER

Quote from: hergfest on October 18, 2015, 10:22:10 PM
Miner's Burger in Yakima, WA, the 1st day.  They have great burgers

Hey Gary
Have a great time, what a dream adventure. Do you remember eating at that burger joint 15 years ago? I know Tom was there, we drove
over there together, he had the gold cop car.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Lord Warlock

Keep us informed, can imagine the amount of feedback from strangers will be strong and positive.  Look forward to reading more of the adventure.
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

70Sbird

Looks like fun! and quite a lengthy adventure. Stuart and I are leaving St Louis around 7:30 Thursday AM but you all will be in Atlanta by then.
Travel safe and I look forward to seeing you in Alabama!
Scott

Scott Faulkner

Nwcharger

Man I would love to make this trip. I got a lot of attention just towing my c500 from Kentucky to Oregon last month. Can't wait to start driving it.
1969 coronet wagon

41husk

I plan to get some pics of your cars in my yard before you leave Thursday morning.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

moparstuart

Quote from: 41husk on October 19, 2015, 12:27:13 PM
I plan to get some pics of your cars in my yard before you leave Thursday morning.

load yours up on the trailer and come with us 

41husk

I would love to just can't take the days off.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

500Jon

Safe trip Guys! :2thumbs:
The C500 looks STUNNING!!! :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:
Hope to see you in the future.
Limey 5J
IF A JOB's WORTH DOING, ITS WORTH DOING WELL, RIP DAD.
4-SPEED, 1969 Charger-500 is the most Coolio car in the World!

fc7_plumcrazy

looks like a great trip.

Have fun !

Carsten