News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

factory air pulley set-up 440

Started by Ryan.C, September 29, 2015, 01:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan.C

I am in the process of putting together a 440 for my '69. I currently have none of the front end accesories, with the exception of an aftermarket alluminum water pump and housing (no pulley). I plan to run a classic auto air conversion kit. I am wondering where I can source the front end parts for this engine? I do have access to a '73 Imperial 440 core that has the factory A/C set up still installed. Will this engine serve a good donor?  11/02/68 date code block, stealth heads, eddy rpm performer intake (If any of that matters)

Thanks Much.
There are few problems in life that cannot be solved with C-4.

bakerhillpins

QuoteI am wondering where I can source the front end parts for this engine?

I preface my response with the fact that I know NOTHING about classic auto air systems and what they come with.

Are you only interested in the pulley and belt setup? The way I read your question, "full front setup" would include brackets for the compressor, the condenser, dryer, plumbing, etc?  Some of that stuff is available aftermarket and some is one year only made of unobtainium.

Can you be a bit more specific? Do you have access to an FSM?
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Ryan.C

Quote from: bakerhillpins on September 29, 2015, 02:00:22 PM
QuoteI am wondering where I can source the front end parts for this engine?

I preface my response with the fact that I know NOTHING about classic auto air systems and what they come with.

Are you only interested in the pulley and belt setup? The way I read your question, "full front setup" would include brackets for the compressor, the condenser, dryer, plumbing, etc?  Some of that stuff is available aftermarket and some is one year only made of unobtainium.

Can you be a bit more specific? Do you have access to an FSM?

To clarify sir, I am only looking for the brackets and pulley's that bolt directly to the engine. The classic air kit comes with a new saden compressor, condensor, dryer and plumbing.

I do have a '71 FSM, but I am not knowledgeable enough to know if the parts are the same for a '69.

Thanks

John_Kunkel

The '73 should be a good donor for the engine hardware but keep in mind that the crank pulley bolt pattern is a little different. Prior to '72 the pulley had an asymmetric 6-bolt pattern, starting in '72 the pattern is symmetric...requires elongating one bolt hole.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Ryan.C