News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hellcat destroys Impala

Started by Ponch ®, September 28, 2015, 10:16:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ponch ®

And I dont mean "destroyed" in the cool metaphorical sense that you destroy someone at the track when you race them. I mean literally destroyed...

This happened over the weekend at a huge car show here in SoCal.

Apparently the Hellcat driver was trying to show off by doing some drifting moves, lost it, and impaled the Impala. And as if to pour lemon juice on the paper cut, dude was hauled off by 5-0 for allegedly DUI.

http://www.hellcat.org/threads/hellcat-owner-epic-fail-slams-while-drifting-into-a-custom-impala.11812/
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Ponch ®

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

JB400

It's bad press like this that will do the Hellcat in.

wingcar

Another case of a "Low Performance Driver in a High Performance Car"    :brickwall:
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

Troy

Quote from: wingcar on September 28, 2015, 01:03:10 PM
Another case of a "Low Performance Driver in a High Performance Car"    :brickwall:
Even if he was a high performance driver that was stupid.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

John_Kunkel

Any kind of "performance display" at a car show is stupid. (including staged burnout contests)
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

RallyeMike

At the risk of being banned from Mopardom forever, the Impala is the real loss. They can just make another Hellcat.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Ponch ®

Quote from: John_Kunkel on September 28, 2015, 01:35:34 PM

Any kind of "performance display" at a car show is stupid. (including staged burnout contests)

From what I understand (and I have no personal knowledge of this), this particular show actually had beer concession stands. Really? At a car show?

myk

Quote from: Ponch ® on September 28, 2015, 02:40:17 PM

From what I understand (and I have no personal knowledge of this), this particular show actually had beer concession stands. Really? At a car show?

Where was this show at?  What were your thoughts as soon as the Hellcat driver started to goof off?

Just 6T9 CHGR

Ohh I see a nice Hellcat drive train becoming available soon
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

RECHRGD

Few few years back there was a local restaurant around here that put on a yearly show.  They made a ton of money by having a few hotties running around selling beer.  Just think of the standard car show idiot moves and multiply them by ten.  Only went once......
13.53 @ 105.32

Ponch ®

Quote from: myk on September 28, 2015, 02:42:06 PM

Where was this show at?  What were your thoughts as soon as the Hellcat driver started to goof off?

It was at Cruisin for a Cure in Orange County.

I wasnt there. Was supposed to go but ended up doing something else instead. In retrospect, probably a good thing.

Mike DC

Goofing off in a Hellcat, drunk, and whacking another valuable car? 

This moron is in for one epic insurance rate hike.   

Ponch ®

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on September 28, 2015, 03:39:51 PM

Goofing off in a Hellcat, drunk, and whacking another valuable car? 

This moron is in for one epic insurance rate hike.   

Given the supposed DUI arrest, insurance rate hikes are the least of his worries.

birdsandbees

At least he didn't cream the 'Bird !
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

stripedelete

Quote from: RECHRGD on September 28, 2015, 02:58:30 PM
Few few years back there was a local restaurant around here that put on a yearly show.  They made a ton of money by having a few hotties running around selling beer.  Just think of the standard car show idiot moves and multiply them by ten.  Only went once......

Roger that! :yesnod:

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Dino

I feel really bad for the owner of that Impala.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Mike DC

Kern Dog

The Chevy is actually a Biscayne.
Sad story though, no matter what car was damaged.

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: Troy on September 28, 2015, 01:23:38 PM

Troy

I highly doubt he could try to do the donuts in a PRIUS...so yes having a hellcat does help.....

Having all that power behind inexperienced driver is just bad in general......

Troy

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on September 28, 2015, 11:40:46 PM
Quote from: Troy on September 28, 2015, 01:23:38 PM

Troy

I highly doubt he could try to do the donuts in a PRIUS...so yes having a hellcat does help.....

Having all that power behind inexperienced driver is just bad in general......
He wasn't doing donuts or drifting. According to the links above he just hammered it in a straight line and he lost it when the tail end got loose at high speed (80-100 mph, probably power shifted it into 3rd). So yes, that ain't gonna happen with any car that won't break the tires loose at near triple digit speeds but even thinking of driving like that around others is a bad idea. That's one reason I avoid things like Brice Road at the Nationals. Yeah, it's fun to bark the tires once in a while but full blown, block long burnouts on a jam packed street with spectators lining the curbs is a recipe for disaster.

There was a big story a while back about some lady in an econobox wiping out a car at a show so stupid people are stupid no matter what they are in.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

myk

I hate that stuff.  Keep it at the track.  At the last Cruisin Grand there was a beautiful Le Mans that was running with open headers, no hood, and no air cleaner on the dual 4's.  This jack-hat proceeded to do full speed passes up and down Main Street to everyone's disgust for most of the night.  What is the point to that?  You look like an idiot, you car looks and sounds idiotic and now you're probably going to kill someone too.  Stay classy people...

John_Kunkel

Quote from: Kern Dog on September 28, 2015, 10:16:29 PM
The Chevy is actually a Biscayne.

The door post verifies that it wasn't an Impala.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Mike DC

QuoteI hate that stuff.  Keep it at the track.  At the last Cruisin Grand there was a beautiful Le Mans that was running with open headers, no hood, and no air cleaner on the dual 4's.  This jack-hat proceeded to do full speed passes up and down Main Street to everyone's disgust for most of the night.  What is the point to that?  You look like an idiot, you car looks and sounds idiotic and now you're probably going to kill someone too.  Stay classy people...

Plenty of urban Greenie types would say that about the whole classic car scene, without the LeMans guy. 

maxwellwedge

myk

fc7_plumcrazy

Quote from: RallyeMike on September 28, 2015, 02:29:27 PM
At the risk of being banned from Mopardom forever, the Impala is the real loss. They can just make another Hellcat.

+1

Patronus

Dude will probably get off 'cause they served booze and didn't know better.  :rotz:
I suppose if your gonna build em, peoples are gonna wreck em.
Total BAD move 'moakin' em in a crowd. Swap it and kill someone, then see how you sleep at night ya friggin dumbass  :slap:
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Moparman01

We have a big annual car show in my area that is put on by a D-bag detail shop in town, they advertise beer sales as part of promoting their show! Myself and friends WILL NOT attend thier show, beer and classic cars do not go together period! I love beer, but i won't go and drink at car shows, that's beyond stupid and a disaster waiting to happen. It even kinda peeves me to see people drinking on the grounds at Carlisle, i always wait till the car is parked for the night and we are hanging out in our lawn chairs at the hotel before breaking out the beer cooler!! A case like this were some idiot with more horsepower (and money) than brains destroys a bystanders car, if it were my car that got whacked i'd end up charged with assault & battery for beating the living sh*t out of the moron (fellow Mopar guy or not!).