News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Very sad day Today.

Started by hemi-hampton, September 27, 2015, 09:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi-hampton

Very sad day for me today. After 5 years of having the car listed for sale & through about 100-200 different potential Customers I finally kissed my baby goodbye today. Real Bummer, almost shed a tear. Car was sentimental & sad to see here go. Buyer said at first it was going to Graveyard Carz to get Restored. Then he said Julius in LA, Now I don't know where he is taking it? Hopefully it will be restored right. LEON.

4cruzin

If that sad . .   .. Why sell.    :shruggy:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

70 sublime

Did you get your asking price ?
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

cbrestorations

if uve been trying to sell for 5 years you must not be hurting for $ so why sell it if you will miss it so much?

hemi-hampton

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: cbrestorations on September 27, 2015, 10:44:13 PM
if uve been trying to sell for 5 years you must not be hurting for $ so why sell it if you will miss it so much?

why does he need 10 hemi chargers...when you have one you don't need the other 9 so you start to sell em off  :icon_smile_big:

6spd68

That car needs to be restored???   :shruggy: :scratchchin: :confused:
Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

Bandit72

Quote from: 6spd68 on September 28, 2015, 11:09:55 AM
That car needs to be restored???   :shruggy: :scratchchin: :confused:

That's what I was wondering
Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....

Ghoste

That very point came up several times as people complained about the price of Chargers,  He stated a number of times what his price and showed photos of the car.  I for one am very surprised it took so long to move it.

hemi-hampton

Quote from: Ghoste on September 28, 2015, 11:31:23 AM
That very point came up several times as people complained about the price of Chargers,  He stated a number of times what his price and showed photos of the car.  I for one am very surprised it took so long to move it.

I'm surpised it took so long to sell also, That similar unrestored original car like mine, the Silver Charger seemed to sell Quick recently at $50,000 & everybody thought he stole that cheap, I could barely give mine away for half that price :brickwall: :shruggy: :slap: LEON.

Dino

Yeah I don't get it, that's a real nice car and I'm surprised it didn't sell sooner. 
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Ghoste

Maybe you should have asked double.

ws23rt

Quote from: hemi-hampton on September 28, 2015, 08:01:26 PM
Quote from: Ghoste on September 28, 2015, 11:31:23 AM
That very point came up several times as people complained about the price of Chargers,  He stated a number of times what his price and showed photos of the car.  I for one am very surprised it took so long to move it.

I'm surpised it took so long to sell also, That similar unrestored original car like mine, the Silver Charger seemed to sell Quick recently at $50,000 & everybody thought he stole that cheap, I could barely give mine away for half that price :brickwall: :shruggy: :slap: LEON.

It does seem odd how the market appears to work with our cars. --And we wonder why their are so many asking the WIW question? :eek2:

If I was looking for a specific kind of car (year, model ,color, etc.) I would expect to look wherever they may be advertised.

Some folks don't know what they are looking for until they see it. :shruggy:  To reach those one needs to put the car in front of their face. :lol:

The other kind of buyer a seller will see more often is someone looking for a deal more than a car. :slap:

I have a two cars advertised for sale and the most frequent calls I get are from someone that want's to help me sell my cars for me at my expense. :eek2:

1974dodgecharger

selling is based on patience and advertising it.....you ask for a high price you will eventually get that one buyer who in this world of 6 billion people will pay for it....as in this case.

Most of us want to unload something ASAP......the seller here was smart about it granted it took 5 years, but he got his asking price vs saying losing 10k if sold it the first year.

Kern Dog

No offense meant here:
Maybe the brown color held the car back? I like colors that are off the beaten path, but maybe the general public doesn't feel the same way?
Sorry if I offended, I was just curious about that.....

ws23rt

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on September 28, 2015, 08:52:20 PM
selling is based on patience and advertising it.....you ask for a high price you will eventually get that one buyer who in this world of 6 billion people will pay for it....as in this case.

Most of us want to unload something ASAP......the seller here was smart about it granted it took 5 years, but he got his asking price vs saying losing 10k if sold it the first year.

I agree with searching for a buyer takes patience. :2thumbs:  In the mean time (in my case) I've had three long talks on the phone with a guy (eddie?)(over a couple of years).-- He want's to sell my car for 20k over my asking price overseas. His charge is $250.  I say--buy my car and make the 20k yourself??---He does have a come back :lol: but the point is selling has it's down side.

As a buyer we have much to be aware of to avoid a money trap in a car and the addition of scammers/flippers  just make this hobby less fun. :Twocents:

hemi-hampton

"The other kind of buyer a seller will see more often is someone looking for a deal more than a car."

Yeah, From qoute above this was 99% of the customers on my car. Last week somebody posted a link of the rust bucket on ebay for $15,000. I've had clowns low ball me a offer of $15k. I tell them go buy that rust bucket on ebay for $15k. The don't like that. :shruggy: LEON.

Homerr

Leon,  I think part of the problem with the sale of your car was saying it has damage but not showing clear pics of the damage.  That could be a $2,500 or $25,000 pit to fall in to.  Your ad was never clear to me if the car was handing off a problem car or not.  Whenever I've seen a car that a body/paint guy is not fixing I start wondering if it is something like time or is it more extensive frame/rust that is the issue.  (I came to know that the car was a nice find.)

I can't remember if you eventually did post some pics of the damaged area but a potential buyer would have to follow you pretty close on the internet if you did.  I think I asked at one point if the car was AT or 4-speed.  Just the lack of clarity spooked many, I would guess.  Glad you made a deal though and got what you wanted for it.

hemi-hampton

I e-mailed good pics of damage to anybody interested. many people asked if 4 spd or Automatic. It was a Automatic. BUT, That Stupid website I had it on would not let me add any info or update or change ad. It said I could but could never figure out how & got no help from them so first add description was the only add I ever had. with 99% of the people just trying to feel you out, trying see if your desperate for money. losing house to forclosure or whatever then they'd low ball you a low offer. I was firm on my price & if somebody really wanted it they would buy it for my price. It was always a game, like I got $15k or $20 k take it or leave it. I'd leave it & then that was it, end of negoitiating & that was 99.9% of the people, which is why it took so long. I was never desperate to sell so didn't care. LEON.

1974dodgecharger

you can always tell who is there to deal and then unload it for more later on because they have more patience than the seller does to ask for more.  Glad you held onto it and sold it to a person who is gonna enjoy it and not sell it off.....

Beep Beep Dave

Sure is a good looking car. I would miss it too.

Dave
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

RIDELIKEHELL

Sorry to hear you sold her Leon but glad you got what you were asking.
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

ws23rt

Quote from: hemi-hampton on September 29, 2015, 12:04:19 PM
I e-mailed good pics of damage to anybody interested. many people asked if 4 spd or Automatic. It was a Automatic. BUT, That Stupid website I had it on would not let me add any info or update or change ad. It said I could but could never figure out how & got no help from them so first add description was the only add I ever had. with 99% of the people just trying to feel you out, trying see if your desperate for money. losing house to forclosure or whatever then they'd low ball you a low offer. I was firm on my price & if somebody really wanted it they would buy it for my price. It was always a game, like I got $15k or $20 k take it or leave it. I'd leave it & then that was it, end of negoitiating & that was 99.9% of the people, which is why it took so long. I was never desperate to sell so didn't care. LEON.

I Identify my self as being very much like you in how you feel being a seller.

For me being a salesman is not in my character. I have a car that needs to go because I have too many of them and the number is bogging me down.  I like the car I'm selling. --I will miss the car I'm selling.--The price I have on the car may perhaps qualify for the delusional seller thread. :cheers:  I qualify :lol:  --The price I have on my car (for now) speaks partially to my reluctance to sell.--

I may chose to spend more time and money in the near future to sell it along with lowering the price. But for now it is what I chose to do. :shruggy:

The guy I referred to in an earlier post that want's to help me sell my car for a fee didn't get my position clearly. (I did lead him on to see how far he would go just for fun). What was odd was that he didn't remember me from two previous conversations. :slap:  I guess he makes so many calls that I was lost in his memory. :lol:
In both previous conversations he got to the point of accusing me of being stupid, a dealer/flipper, etc.

My thinking is that someone looking for just what I have will find me eventually.  Those that are just fishing to make money may spend an extra long phone call when I'm in the mood. :nana:

ACUDANUT

I kind of understand. However, you have been wanting to sell for a very long time.  It's not like it was a rash decision.  I would think you would be happier.  :Twocents:

bill440rt

Congrats Leon, and for sticking to your guns. I would have loved to own it, for sure.  :drool5:
Hopefully it's going to a good, caring home.  :cheers:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce