News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

self machined crankshaft

Started by cbrestorations, September 27, 2015, 03:32:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cbrestorations

5.7 hemi with a one of a kind 2 stage stroke crankshaft lol, they spun a bearing and just kept on driving for who knows how long...it completely wore 1/8" of material off the rod journal. so funny had to share.

ws23rt

That's odd to see on a rod journal. (at least for me):scratchchin:  I'd think the rod would fail long before that much wear.

Strange things can happen. I remember a picture of an oil pan from an old 392 hemi that still had the original oil in it at 70k miles. The oil was paste, like grease. The engine was a running engine when opened up. :shruggy:

Baldwinvette77

Just coat it in some lucas oil stabalizer it'll be good for another 100k  :2thumbs:

ws23rt

Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on September 27, 2015, 06:20:10 PM
Just coat it in some lucas oil stabalizer it'll be good for another 100k  :2thumbs:

Maybe a piece of leather and some bacon. :shruggy: :2thumbs:

six-tee-nine

I'd like to see that oil and filter.....  :eyes:

Cant imagine even the most anti-technical noob would'nt hear "something" was odd?
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

70 sublime

Quote from: six-tee-nine on September 28, 2015, 05:08:16 AM

Cant imagine even the most anti-technical noob would'nt hear "something" was odd?

Female driver ??
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

six-tee-nine

Quote from: 70 sublime on September 28, 2015, 07:47:34 AM
Quote from: six-tee-nine on September 28, 2015, 05:08:16 AM

Female driver ??

Hah, I did'nt say it..... :whistling:

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

cbrestorations

it was his wifes chrysler 300 lol

70 sublime

Thought there had to be a female connection   :smilielol: :smilielol:

I have a wife and 2 driving daughters so yes I can understand
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

six-tee-nine

Oh boy........

I'm gonna be a nervous guy when the time comes that my 2 daughters are going to start to drive a car....

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: six-tee-nine on September 30, 2015, 06:03:22 AM
Oh boy........

I'm gonna be a nervous guy when the time comes that my 2 daughters are going to start to drive a car....

Women seem to purposely ignore facts about cars. Like for example i tried to sell a girl a ford focus i just wanted to get rid of for scrap value, but instead she bought a mazda 3 because its "not a ford", I then quietly walked over to her car and pointed out 5 or so "fomoco" logos on her engine, trans, rear shocks and rad. to which she replied "yeah, but its different when the japanese do it".. while on the door it says "made in taiwan"  :brickwall:

ottawamerc

Kinda getting side tracked on this thread but I'll add that at work we call our wifes "professional automotive depreciators"  :rofl:

Scott :cheers:
This hobby is more than just our cars, it's the people you get to meet along the way!!!