News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Getting windows to operate smoothly

Started by Ghoste, September 27, 2015, 09:07:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

If everything appears in order with side windows but they are very stiff to operate, whats a typical procedure for addressing that?  The adjustments look to be good and the regulators and rollers seem to be fine.  Are there pinch points there to be looked at?  Its only the door glass if that makes any difference.

Rolling_Thunder

have the regulators been rebuilt / disassembled / lubricated?    often the white alignment plastics get broken in the run channel resulting in slight misalignment and resistance. If your car was ever blasted the dust or bodywork dust can gum up regulators....     all things to look at - white lithium grease is your friend.   :Twocents:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

A383Wing

I drill a small 1/8" hole into the regulator crank housing, then use a needle and grease gun and pump the cavity full of grease.

don duick

I pulled mine out, cleaned off the dust  and oiled them. On reassembly I had to play around with the adjusters so the glass moved up and down smoothly by hand before installing the winders. Mine had an excessive amount of dust build up and were very dry.

Dino

On a friend's recommendation I tried Super Lube synthetic grease.  I had used their grease in tubes before and really liked it so this time I bought the spray can and sprayed it on the regulators.  I saw dirt and grime run out of the mechanism and when it dried it left behind a thin slippery film.  When I rolled the window up and down it felt like there was no more resistance at all.  Months later I opened up the quarter panel again to do some other work and the grease had not changed, windows still roll as smooth as day one.  Seems to me this stuff beats lithium grease.  It's also safe on rubber.  $10 at Home depot for the spray can.  The tubes are sold at Harbor Freight.  Give it a shot.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.