News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Keying cars acceptable?

Started by JB400, September 18, 2015, 04:48:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

polywideblock

man  :flame:  I don't support violence to woman but...... that bitch needs to be slapped down   :yesnod:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

myk

Where I'm from, how I was raised, says that if you have an issue with someone you take it to their face.  You don't F with someone else's property or their people if you have a problem with them; deal with it directly, or anything else is cowardice and may as well be forgotten...

Kern Dog

Absolutely. Screwing with someone elses stuff while they are away is a bitch, punk move.

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: polywideblock on September 18, 2015, 04:52:18 PM
man  :flame:  I don't support violence to woman but...... that bitch needs to be slapped down   :yesnod:

More like a few swift kicks in the cooter with steel toed boots.

Stevearino

So if you can't afford an expensive car that makes you morally superior to the guy that can.
Therefore you are hereby authorized to commit acts of vandalism when ever you see fit to mete out social justice as you see it.
Moronic does not begin to describe this idea. I saw the video in question and the guy took his sweet time circling the car and nonchalantly gouging it with his key. I wanted to take a hammer to his hipster skull. :flame: Now this insipid nit wit writes this trash.

EDIT: Wow. I just searched for the video that I watched and it turns out this is a separate incident from the one that I saw. I guess this really is a thing now.

ws23rt

She seems to understand something about  people and how they enjoy the fruits of success. :scratchchin:
To vandalize something will be a valuable teaching thing to do.  Shame on you for enjoying your chosen (and afforded) life style. :smilielol:  That guy now understands the err of his way. :nana:

I also would suspect that she would fully understand if electric plugin's for cars were vandalized.-- After all that thinking is about letting  others know how one feels about their personal choice in a way that she get's.   If she had an electric car she should accept the risk of vandalism to her choice as a well meaning method of communication about her choice. With that new found understanding she would then perhaps be moved to buy a ---Oh  :scratchchin:---Hemi charger??

Add----What is it about this thinking??  --- I see you and what you do tells me something I don't like. --- I am so upset about this that I need to hit you.--Now that you have been hit do you get how mad I am about how you seem?? ::) --- Now will you please come over to my way of thinking so we all can get along with RIGHT THINKING.

We can all live under the same rainbow only if we all subscribe to an undefined protocol. :eek2:   In the mean time we need to stay out of others personal business to keep the peace. :Twocents:

draftingmonkey

and someday when someone of lesser economic means vandalizes her property lets see if she has the same lackadaisical attitude about damage to her property that she has to others.

ws23rt

Quote from: draftingmonkey on September 18, 2015, 10:01:47 PM
and someday when someone of lesser economic means vandalizes her property lets see if she has the same lackadaisical attitude about damage to her property that she has to others.

:2thumbs: She is still learning about life and has a long way to go before lecturing to the rest of us.

tan top

stupid bitch  :yesnod:      I know what she needs ...
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

J.Bond

Unbelievable........

Best way to sum it up.. She...

Cannot
                                                     Understand
                                                     Normal
                                                     Thinking!

Mike DC

The article mentioned the vandal inflicting 7700 Pounds in repairs.

Remember back in the good ole days, when you couldn't do $12,000 worth of damage to a car by keying it?

That's technically enough to total a big percentage of the vehicles on the road today.  Imagine going to a Copart auction & bidding on a car "totalled by keying."

myk

Quote from: ws23rt on September 18, 2015, 10:20:15 PM
Quote from: draftingmonkey on September 18, 2015, 10:01:47 PM

:2thumbs: She is still learning about life and has a long way to go before lecturing to the rest of us.

Good point.  When I was her age I thought I had everything figured out too.  Then again even though I felt omniscient, I never had the urge for destructive tendencies...

daveco

Probably going to get her PhD in Smug.
R/Tree

Stevearino

The parasites are breeding........ :rotz:

charger Downunder

Lets see if her car gets keyed and see how she feels then.
[/quote]

el dub

Quote from: charger Downunder on September 19, 2015, 06:40:18 PM
Lets see if her car gets keyed and see how she feels then.

She might be hard to find::::::::::::::

© Copyright 2015
Herald & Times Group
All rights reserved
Terms & Conditions
Privacy Policy
How We Use Cookies
Employment

Brand new online news agency

entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

Chad L. Magee

I have thought about what can be done to prevent keying.  Here is the list (#4 is the most viable):

1.) Electrify painted car surfaces when in contact with conductive metal (ie. key).  It does not have to be a high voltage, just enough to make them drop the key (kinda like an electric fence for your car).  However, there will likely be ordinances that prevent this method from being used out in public areas. :slap:

2.) Powdercoat the exterior surfaces with a very tough material (like epoxy).  Expensive and not applicable to every car surface. :P

3.) Diamond thin film coating of the painted surface layers.  Very expensive (and many not be done to such large surfaces at one time), but would prevent keying damage to very high end cars. :scratchchin:

4.) Wax the car and apply a clear, non-toxic protectant layer that lubricates the painted surface (without damaging it) such that no key can grab onto the paint surface, no matter how hard they try to.  It will not stop surface damage if someone pulls out a hammer though.  I already have a protectant combination in mind for this idea.  :yesnod:
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

DeltaV

Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning. - Erwin Rommel

Mike DC

They've just about phased out car keys already.  Computers are taking over.  (At least until the shocking news story gets out that computers are, in fact, not 100% secure.) 

But everyone has a ring of keys for other stuff like their houses.

ws23rt

With our new and improving technology we will soon be able to vandalize from our smart phones. :2thumbs: :lol:

As for a car getting keyed? -- I like Chad's idea of a car that will defend it's self. :cheers:---Our minds can lead that thought in many cool ways. :icon_smile_wink:

odcics2

Quote from: J.Bond on September 19, 2015, 07:49:35 AM
Unbelievable........

Best way to sum it up.. She...

Cannot
                                                     Understand
                                                     Normal
                                                     Thinking!

:2thumbs:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

myk

She keys the right car and she'll end up having to worry about something other than class warfare: DOMESTIC VIOLENCE...

Mike DC

The article writer is basically just trolling to be provocative.  No need to get too uptight about it. 

MoparRocks

Anyone else find it funny they closed and won't show the comments on that abortion of an article?
1971 Charger Richard Petty tribute
Mopar 340 three on the tree