News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Body bolts and cips

Started by Dino, September 17, 2015, 11:43:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

Does anyone know if the body bolts and clips are commonly found in hardware stores or auto parts stores?  I lost one of the radiator bolts with the big washer and a few of the battery tray bolts are not original.  One of the clips is also beyond saving as it was welded to the inner fender...don't ask.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Alaskan_TA

R/T Specialties has the radiator bolts to the body & the u-clips & small bolts for the shrouds as well.

Moparparts

I have the original radiator bolts & clips PM or E-Mail me

ODZKing

I've had good luck at Lowes finding orig style body bolts.  The Lowes here has a set of drawers in the nut/bolt section called automotive. Very helpful.

Troy

:iagree: I've been surprised at some of the stuff I find in the Lowe's nut/bolt/hardware section. Disappointed at other times though. My local Sears Hardware also has some cool stuff - although I usually get "specialty" hardware there (stainless, oddball heads, etc.) instead of original equipment type of fasteners.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

bill440rt

They will be similar and do the job but will not be "OE-correct" with the right head markings, etc. Clips may have a different shape as well.
I've used them in a pinch, nothing wrong with it if you're not building an "OE" car.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce