News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Fuel line length question

Started by 68ChargerJMP, May 09, 2017, 07:37:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

68ChargerJMP

I installed my Tanks Inc. EFI tank the other day and need to run my fuel lines while I have it on a rotisserie. Problem is, I didn't measure that distance and I wont be able to get back out to where my car is until this weekend. I would like to go ahead and order some fuel line so I will be ready to go. Being its minitubbed, subframe connected and torque boxed, I don't think a factory hard line would be my best option for fitment. I plan on running braided ptfe teflon(black liner) fuel line for supply and return. That way, it will be connected at the tank and connected at the engine. Its a little pricey, but not having to buy fittings to join hard to flex line on both ends makes it negligible price wise to me, and less chance of leaks. I attached a pic of where I generally will be routing the lines. How long of a line would yall say is needed to do this? I was thinking of going 20' on each line and just leaving the engine side fittings off until I get to that stage in the build. Is that too much? Thanks.

303 Mopar

tanksinc.com has a whole kit, I would call them and tell them what car you have so they will recommend the right length and number of fittings.   I used this on my Cuda and it worked perfect with some line to spare!

http://www.tanksinc.com/index.cfm/page/ptype=product/product_id=548/category_id=-1/mode=prod/prd548.htm
1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

birdsandbees

All I can tell you... I measured my old lines lying on the shop floor today, 13'+ with the bends to the original pinch weld. Going straight you'd need a minimum of 12' for each run.
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487