News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Roadkill Magazine on the newsstand

Started by wingcar, September 10, 2015, 02:10:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wingcar

While at my local Barnes and Noble bookstore looking for something educational to read...I came across a new title on the newsstand.....the same insane guys that brought you the videos of all kind of mayhem on the street (and track) now have a magazine..."ROADKILL".  Yes, the same guys that brought you the "budget" build '68 Charger can actually write their own names....LOL 
It's actually an entertaining magazine with a wide range of stories.  Its content is Mopar heavy with a big story on the '68 Charger and the transplanting of the heart of a Hellcat into the old '68 Charger.  It's definitely not Hot Rod Magazine with their chrome plated dollar rides.  And, while I would not really want a "Roadkill" Charger....it looks like a fun ride with the Hellcat engine.  Check it out.... 
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

JB400

I liked it as well.  I might pick up this first issue, just not looking forward to the sticker price of it. :P  I can understand though.  I'm sure subscriptions are low now due to the internet.

Lennard

Quote from: JB400 on September 10, 2015, 02:33:31 PM
I liked it as well.  I might pick up this first issue, just not looking forward to the sticker price of it. :P  I can understand though.  I'm sure subscriptions are low now due to the internet.
Yeah, I looked through it at Wal-Mart but put it back in the rack when I saw that it costs $10.

DC_1

It's funny that these guys, with such a huge online following, are now choosing to go into the dying overcrowded medium of magazines.

surmanajaja

well they are editors of Hot Rod..or used to be? dunno since I quit reading magazines, can get so much to read for free on forums that magazines are pointless..

myk

Quote from: Lennard on September 10, 2015, 02:52:33 PM
Quote from: JB400 on September 10, 2015, 02:33:31 PM
Yeah, I looked through it at Wal-Mart but put it back in the rack when I saw that it costs $10.

Annual subscriptions to magazines don't cost that much...

Aero426

Quote from: surmanajaja on September 13, 2015, 07:27:02 AM
well they are editors of Hot Rod..or used to be? dunno since I quit reading magazines, can get so much to read for free on forums that magazines are pointless..

The internet is certainly good for the here and now.    Good luck trying to find the information again online in five years when you want it.