News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

upper hose

Started by henry, September 09, 2015, 09:47:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

henry

anyone got a part number for a  upper radiator hose. I got a 1968 charger with a 440. Hose is on the driver side of radiator to center of engine. All I find at the part store's are on the passenger side of radiator.

oldcarnut

Here's what I had to use.  This is in my 70RR but before someone says goes  :slap:, this is not a stock setup at all.  It's the new parts, radiator, and something I made to fill in for the AC until everything is running that came from the Challenger 440 motor swap I bought and resold that had this 440 etc in it. It was free so with that said that hose part number is for a Ford Explorer  :rotz: but it works for now to clear my AC and accommodates the reverse side radiator and water pump outlet/inlet of what it should be OEM.  It may work for you.  I too tried to search for a BB hose setup on drivers side but nothing found except some small blocks. I went looking through the hose racks and found that one and with a little bit cut off it worked fine until at some point in time I go with the correct side alum radiator and pump housing.  The plus side is there ins no interference with changing the oil filter  ;)
And welcome to the forum  :cheers:

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

dual fours

When you find a hose let us know how it went, looks like a walk down the hose aisle for you.
Yes and welcome aboard.
1970 Dodge Charger SE, 383 Magnum, dual fours, Winter's shifter and racing transmission.

26 END
J25 L31 M21 M31 N85 R22
VX1 AO1 A31 A47 C16 C55
FK5 CRXA TX9 A15
E63 D32 XP29 NOG

BLK 68 R/T

Ask for an upper hose for a 70 Charger with a 383 automatic (22" rad.) In 70 both hoses are on the left (drivers) side of the radiator on all the B and E body cars with an 383/440 and an automatic transmission. The larger radiator (26") with the passenger side inlet would only come on cars with an axle package or special order max cooling, a/c, hemi, or 440 and a 4 speed. 383 and a 4 speed could get either one depending on what axle ratio was picked.

as said before, welcome aboard. Lots of great info here  :2thumbs:

polywideblock

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Hard Charger

rock auto has the gates hoses for about 6 bucks

henry

up date after 8 upper hoses 68 to73 dodge charger  none would fit, I finely bought a flex hose and put on it . when I can I'll buy a new radiator with the upper hose inlet on the pass' side.

oldcarnut

Quote from: henry on October 18, 2015, 09:48:36 PM
up date after 8 upper hoses 68 to73 dodge charger  none would fit, I finely bought a flex hose and put on it . when I can I'll buy a new radiator with the upper hose inlet on the pass' side.

What side is the lower hose on?  Cant do both on same side.  Water outlet om pump is going to dictate the outlet on top

GreenMachine

Quote from: oldcarnut on October 18, 2015, 10:39:51 PM
Quote from: henry on October 18, 2015, 09:48:36 PM

What side is the lower hose on?  Cant do both on same side.  Water outlet om pump is going to dictate the outlet on top

My '68 Dart 273 with A/C has them both on the driver's side. Apparently everything was fine with the 273 for 30+ years, there are baffles inside that direct the flow to the right side. My 440 doesn't like it though even after a 3 row re-core. (22")
If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is.

oldcarnut

Guess I learned something today.  Never seen a BB like that though from factory.  Wonder if they have that combo with an alum aftermarket both on right side?

henry

I have a 1968 dodge charger .440 with a 22 inch radiator my lower hose is on the right side the upper is on the left side.  I got a new lower that fit just fine it's the upper hose is on the left side the only one I can find at the parts store are for the right side  I wanted a pre molded hose but it seam's like they no longer make them ? at this time I got a flex hose until I find someplace that has a pre molded one.

Mopar Nut

Quote from: henry on October 19, 2015, 07:15:58 PM
I have a 1968 dodge charger .440 with a 22 inch radiator my lower hose is on the right side the upper is on the left side.  I got a new lower that fit just fine it's the upper hose is on the left side the only one I can find at the parts store are for the right side  I wanted a pre molded hose but it seam's like they no longer make them ? at this time I got a flex hose until I find someplace that has a pre molded one.
Both of my Chargers, 68 and 69 had 22" radiators with the lower hose on the left side. Sounds like you have a different radiator, should be a 053 auto or a 054 manual radiator. What's the number on top of your radiator?
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

GreenMachine

Quote from: henry on October 19, 2015, 07:15:58 PM
I have a 1968 dodge charger .440 with a 22 inch radiator my lower hose is on the right side the upper is on the left side.  I got a new lower that fit just fine it's the upper hose is on the left side the only one I can find at the parts store are for the right side  I wanted a pre molded hose but it seam's like they no longer make them ? at this time I got a flex hose until I find someplace that has a pre molded one.

I'm pretty sure I'm using one for a 1968 Dart small block, and had to trim about an inch off the radiator side to fit the big block (22" Rad.) It is the upper hose and attaches to the left side of the radiator. I don't see why it would be any different in a Charger. Gates 20594 W/O A/C and 20602 W/ A/C
If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is.