News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Question about grill in front of windshield

Started by 4402tuff4u, September 08, 2015, 07:55:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4402tuff4u

Back several years ago, I saved a 1970 coronet from the crusher, luckily the owner noticed I was wearing a Mopar t-shirt on and asked if I liked Chrysler products. Well the short version is that I offered him a lot more money than the crusher offered him and the rest is history. It has a 440 with a 727 manual shift valve body both run good both from the late 70's from checking the numbers on them. Anyway it's not a number matching car but it's a B body Mopar with plenty of life left in it. I've just started getting back on restoring it, after Sandy did a job on us and my money and time were funneled on that effort. My question is, does anybody know if a chevy or ford grill in front of the windshield work as a replacement for the coronet grill? I think I have a better chance locating a chevy or ford vehible on a salvage yard than a Mopar. The fins (lack of better word) are pitted and rusted and very thin. Don't think I can do much with the mig or sheet metal. Any suggestions? Worst case I might have to fabricate a very low profile scoop over the grill area. I know they sell the cowl for $ 400 plus, but hate to spend that just for the grill and I don't want to take the existing cowl apart. Presently don't have picture of grill. Thanks all. Mike
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

JB400

I think it would be just a matter of measuring the openings, which would vary between makes.  Due to different contours of the cowl, I doubt that you could find one that would perfectly match.

Ghoste

Are there no Mopars in a scrapyard near you with the right grille?  They used the same one on a lot of cars.

Troy

I have a cowl off a 69 Coronet that should be exactly the same. Send me a PM.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.