News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Camaro-Viper

Started by Stevearino, September 06, 2015, 04:19:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stevearino

Came across this on the old FB today thought it might interest some so I'll drop these here.

Stevearino

More...

Stevearino

More......

DC_1

interesting.

He sure does seem to want a Viper.

Baldwinvette77

Strange.. i cant say i dont like it though  :scratchchin:

Daytona R/T SE

It sure must have taken a whole lot of time, money and effort to make a Viper look like the most common, unexciting piece of shit...

A Chevy Camaro.   :puke:

Oh, and it's RED too.  ::)

Stevearino

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on September 06, 2015, 09:36:47 PM
It sure must have taken a whole lot of time, money and effort to make a Viper look like the most common, unexciting piece of shit...

A Chevy Camaro.   :puke:

Oh, and it's RED too.  ::)

To each his own but I would think if you are going to all that effort you want to build something cooler than what you started with.

myk

With the amount of money spent on modding he could've bought both cars..

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: Stevearino on September 07, 2015, 06:08:12 AM
Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on September 06, 2015, 09:36:47 PM

A Chevy Camaro.   :puke:

Oh, and it's RED too.  ::)

To each his own but I would think if you are going to all that effort you want to build something cooler than what you started with.

A Pacer, Edsel, Studebaker or a Gremlin would have been a better, more interesting choice than ANOTHER generic, red 67-69 Camaro.  :rotz:

el dub

Its called hot roddin. How many other Camaros have you seen with a viper motor. A Camaro looks way better than a  Pacer, Edsel, Studebaker or a Gremlin. I wouldn't even look at one of those cars. They be fugly. Maybe the Camaro only came with a 327 in it. Now if it was a big block with a 396 or 427 I doubt if he would have done that as those cars are worth some serious money. Even though I don't think this guy is worrying about money.I bet it hauls the bacon.  :Twocents:
edit: I think it would look good in this car too.
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

JB400

At least 40% percent of the hobby builds a darn Camaro, and about half of those are red. :P  Got to agree with Daytona.

el dub

Quote from: JB400 on September 07, 2015, 09:16:01 AM
At least 40% percent of the hobby builds a darn Camaro, and about half of those are red. :P  Got to agree with Daytona.

40 percent means something my man.

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: el dub on September 07, 2015, 09:03:51 AM
Its called hot roddin. How many other Camaros have you seen with a viper motor. A Camaro looks way better than a  Pacer, Edsel, Studebaker or a Gremlin. I wouldn't even look at one of those cars. They be fugly. Maybe the Camaro only came with a 327 in it. Now if it was a big block with a 396 or 427 I doubt if he would have done that as those cars are worth some serious money. Even though I don't think this guy is worrying about money.I bet it hauls the bacon.  :Twocents:

It's called a Camaro.  :down:

I don't care if it's capable of interstellar flight...

It's still a Camaro.  :rotz:

They've been done to death.

Around here, we call them assholes.

Everybody has one.  :eek2:

In case you all haven't guessed yet...

I hate Camaros.

Especially RED Camaros

(Sorry Skip  :eek2: :smilielol: )

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: el dub on September 07, 2015, 09:18:21 AM
Quote from: JB400 on September 07, 2015, 09:16:01 AM

40 percent means something my man.

It means 40% of the hobby are mindless followers, that beat off to the latest red Camaro picture on the cover of HOT ROD magazine.

el dub

Everybody has one.   

Show a pic of your Camaro. And show a pic of your mopar next to it. I like both.

Mike DC

Quick - what are the weak points of a 2nd-gen Charger?  

For me, the answer would be: "The body is pretty long & heavy, they all rusted way too much, the resto parts are all rare/expensive as hell, and there isn't enough aftermarket support for customizing/improving it."

Fix those things and it begins to sound an awful lot like an early Camaro.

Those Camaros are popular for good reason.  

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: el dub on September 07, 2015, 09:40:10 AM

Everybody has one.  

Show a pic of your Camaro. And show a pic of your mopar next to it. I like both.

Pictures of my current project can be found in the Aero Car section of this site, and at the bottom of my every post.  :Twocents:

Have you posted any pictures of your cars ?  :shruggy:

I don't recall seeing any.  :scratchchin:

They must be AWESOME !  :boogie: :boogie: :boogie:

And...

No Chevies here...

I'm living asshole free.  :coolgleamA:

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on September 07, 2015, 09:58:54 AM

Quick - what are the weak points of a 2nd-gen Charger?  

For me, the answer would be: "The body is pretty long & heavy, they all rusted way too much, the resto parts are all rare/expensive as hell, and there isn't enough aftermarket support for customizing/improving it."

Fix those things and it begins to sound an awful lot like an early Camaro.

Those Camaros are popular for good reason.  

Smaller, lighter, cheaper, easier, popular... :scratchchin:

None of these things make it "Better"  :Twocents:

It just means there's 100,000+++ other guys out there with the exact same thing.

Now, where are the pictures of YOUR car ?  :shruggy:

el dub

Mine is where yours is. In here somewhere. Mine does not have a stock color. Mine does  not have stock interior. It's tuck and roll. My gauges are not stock, they are white. BTW nice Daytona, but where is the Camaro, since you said every azzhole has one.  And when those daytonas came out, and the superbirds,  I was overseas> And everyone said they was ugly. And they were. It wasn't until recently when ugly became cool. Did yours come with the hemi?
Cuz a hemi is very cool.

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: el dub on September 07, 2015, 12:08:31 PM
Mine is where yours is. In here somewhere. Mine does not have a stock color. Mine does  not have stock interior. It's tuck and roll. My gauges are not stock, they are white. BTW nice Daytona, but where is the Camaro, since you said every azzhole has one.  And when those daytonas came out, and the superbirds,  I was overseas> And everyone said they was ugly. And they were. It wasn't until recently when ugly became cool. Did yours come with the hemi?
Cuz a hemi is very cool.

In case you haven' t figured it out.

I don't have a Camaro.

I'll bet you do, though. ;)

el dub

Your to slow there buddy. read reply 12. PS, I would not mine having a 427 Camaro. Or a 64 Fairlane with a SOHC 427 motor. Or a 64 Plymouth with a 426 super stock motor.

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: el dub on September 07, 2015, 12:30:09 PM
Your to slow there buddy. read reply 12. PS, I would not mine having a 427 Camaro. Or a 64 Fairlane with a SOHC 427 motor. Or a 64 Plymouth with a 426 super stock motor.

Buddy?

Sorry, I don't swing that way, Fella !

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

el dub

If I was referring to your sexual orientation, which I wasn't, I would have said butt buddy.

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: el dub on September 07, 2015, 02:13:04 PM
If I was referring to your sexual orientation, which I wasn't, I would have said butt buddy.

I see that maturity is NOT one of your strong points.  :hah:

You Chevy guys are all the same... ::)

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

TruckDriver

Well, it is not everyday you see a Chevy with a Mopar underneath it like this. Looks cool, just nothing I would own
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

el dub

And I see that brains cells are not one of your strong points> Any car guy, or should I say, supposed car guy, that HATES chevys, or any other hot rod, is quite the tool.

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from El DUB:

"And I see that brains cells are not one of your strong points> Any car guy, or should I say, supposed car guy, that HATES chevys, or any other hot rod, is quite the tool."

"Supposed car guy" ?

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Yeah, that's a good one.

Again,

I hate Chevies.

All of them.

You calling me childish names ("tool", "butt buddy")  ::) won't change that.

Nothing will change that.

Ever.

You like Chevies ?

Great.

Have a blast.

:fu:

el dub

Thanks, I always have a blast. Probably because I don't hate.
Read post #22 again, real slow this time.

JB400

I think we can bash Camaro's without bashing each other. :yesnod:

Mytur Binsdirti

You can argue Camaro/Mopar all day long, but one thing that you can't argue about is that the dashboard looks like crap.

tan top

lot of work  ,   like MTD said , dash is crap  :yesnod:   still each to their own ,  spoilt the car imo  , would of been a much better build to to drop a rat motor in it  :yesnod:

prolly been cheaper too , & more power  :shruggy:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

wingcar

Not really liking the whole package (and not because it's a Camaro or a Chevy).  While I give the owner and or builder credit for putting it together and making it work (which is what hot rodding is all about),  I have never been into transplanting different manufacturers engines in different makes of cars.  (Hopefully that came out right?!?)  Having been into the Street Rod thing years ago, I can say that I got really tried of seeing Fords with Chevy engines, and for that matter all the various makes with small block Chevys.  The only exception I make is seeing a HEMI in anything...that's fine by me.  For what this Camaro costs, he could have just purchased a real Viper and had money left over to build it into a real killer street car........... 
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

el dub

Quote from: JB400 on September 08, 2015, 01:11:08 AM
I think we can bash Camaro's without bashing each other. :yesnod:

Why would you want to bash Camaros. Or Fords. Or any car. They are inanimate objects.  Cars, hot rods, whatever, we all love what we have. But were all car guys under our skin, were all the same. Everyone has different wants and likes. But were still car guys. And saying the dash looks bad or whatever, this isn't bashing, it just someone else's opinion, which is normal. I don't like the dash either. But the console looks ok.  I never seen at the few shows I go to anyone bashing others cars. Hope that came out right.  :Twocents: 

Mike DC

Guy #1 puts a Chevy engine into an otherwise stock Mopar.  

People complain that he turned it into a generic non-Mopar clone.  

Guy #2 keeps the Mopar engine.  But he uses an Art Morrison square tube chassis, Tremec tranny, Ford 9" rearend, C5 front suspension arms, Mustang steering rack, and aftermarket GM steering column.  

People applaud him for "keeping it Mopar."  

myk

Eh.  Doing something as minor as putting a pin stripe on an all original Charger R/T would piss off someone. 

These days you can't get out of bed without offending someone...

68pplcharger

Build them the way you like them and to hell with anyone who doesn't like it....  :Twocents:

el dub

Quote from: 68pplcharger on September 09, 2015, 06:55:49 AM
Build them the way you like them and to hell with anyone who doesn't like it....  :Twocents:

Now there's a thought.

Homerr

Needs a Mustang interior for balance.