News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Gravyard carZ show

Started by keith88, January 03, 2015, 07:08:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparnation74

Quote from: lukedukem on January 27, 2015, 09:36:07 PM
Anyone else watch tonight's episode? They had the Daytona that was pushed off the cliff. Is there a thread on it somewhere? He decided it was too far gone and didn't want to do it. Said it would be a rebody and they don't do those there.

Luke
Here is what your looking for

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,73724.msg827092.html#msg827092

nvrbdn

I think it was a wise choice to stay away from that one. definitely wouldn't be a true Daytona when finished. there is nothing of the original car left.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

moparnation74

Quote from: nvrbdn on January 27, 2015, 10:16:59 PM
I think it was a wise choice to stay away from that one. definitely wouldn't be a true Daytona when finished. there is nothing of the original car left.
:iagree:
There was not enough of the original body to save to make it a real documented/numbers car.  Now the world knows if restored it is a rebody.

lukedukem

1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

64dartgt

I have to say that I am enjoying the show much more now that they are focusing on car restoration and limiting all the reality show nonsense.  I used to have to fast forward through all the BS.  :Twocents:

rockitier350

I agree I can't stand the shop antics the cars are great but the guys are retards. " When I get all jazzed up when I get excited I dance" wtf? Your show is way to cool for that crap you have the cars I really enjoy the guys knowledge of mopar. Now nock the shit off and show off your skills of fixing those cars . still cannot believe the fender he straightend out on that challenger that was amazing. I just don't understand all the stupid script drama. sorry for the rant but while I am I wish all cars shows would cut out the "deadline". Come on now everyone is just cutting the restoration down to the deadline will it be done in time, oh no!!! sorry again for ranting guys I just had to give my  :Twocents:  on a show that could have greatness but falls short
1968 charger restoration in progress
t56 built by rpm transmission
636 hemi
14-71 stage 2 bds blower
1225hp supercharged
0 gas mileage

Nwcharger

Quote from: moparnation74 on January 27, 2015, 09:53:40 PM
Anyone else watch tonight's episode? They had the Daytona that was pushed off the cliff. Is there a thread on it somewhere? He decided it was too far gone and didn't want to do it. Said it would be a rebody and they don't do those there.

Luke

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,73724.msg827092.html#msg827092

that daytona is my car. it will come back one of these days, i want to see how much metal amd replaces on the phantom cuda and if it will be filmed. i bet there will be very little left of the original car when mark gets it back. i dont mind he turned down my car, just a little upset that he never contacted me or returned any of my calls sence i brought the car down there.
1969 coronet wagon

nvrbdn

that's odd that he never let you know his decision.

and yes, a car with little to nothing can be brought back now. they did the 69 bronze charger that had absolutely nothing useable except bones. there is a lot of speculation as to what you have when it is finished, but the part producers have proved that there is nothing that can't be saved. just ask dan woods. :yesnod:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Beav

Quote from: Nwcharger on January 28, 2015, 09:06:21 PM

Luke

that daytona is my car. it will come back one of these days, i want to see how much metal amd replaces on the phantom cuda and if it will be filmed. i bet there will be very little left of the original car when mark gets it back. i dont mind he turned down my car, just a little upset that he never contacted me or returned any of my calls sence i brought the car down there.

?!?Mark never contacted you about declining the project?!?!?

UNCOOL!!!  :down:

And they even put you (your car & wife) on the program?! (Yes I saw the episode)

:flame: I'd be pizzed!!!!  Good on you for not "ripping him."

He (the show) would be paying me for using my likeness on his program.

They seem to produce some amazing work, but I would like a lot less of the "theater."

:Twocents: Beav
Never confuse kindness for weakness...

2592 creston

Luke

Look at it this way...you got your 15 minutes of fame, most people never do!!  Good luck with your car!!

lukedukem

Luke

:2thumbs:

luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

TUFCAT

Quote from: HeavyFuel on January 06, 2015, 02:07:26 PM

The show is still on the air for the same reason this female gets hired......and it's not because they stimilate your brain.

So by the way Creston, where's Holley been? .... I'd hit that.  :drool5:

DC_1

Quote from: TUFCAT on January 29, 2015, 10:08:53 PM

I was wondering the same thing  :scratchchin: .......and I'm with ya on that!

TUFCAT

Quote from: DC_1 on January 29, 2015, 10:18:49 PM
Quote from: TUFCAT on January 29, 2015, 10:08:53 PM

I was wondering the same thing  :scratchchin: .......and I'm with ya on that!

I'm glad I'm not the only one!... :D   and I'm hoping Creston has the 411 on her departure.

TheAutoArchaeologist

RJS

Holly became the "Beer Assistant" on Gas Monkey!
Ron

djcarguy

Quote from: RJS on January 30, 2015, 04:07:50 PM
Holly became the "Beer Assistant" on Gas Monkey!
Ron

THATS VERY FUNNY--BEER ASS?------- 

WOOD HIT THAT ON AGOOD HAIR AN MAKE UP DAY,,,,,HAHAHA    DJ    OH  DARREN CALLED HE SOLD HIS CAR, MARK WAS NEVER GOING TO KEEP WORD AN FINISH IT..LOOKING TO BUY A 69 CAMARO,HE SAID.

HOLLY IS JOSHS MOM,,HAHAHAHA,?????MAYBEE ??? DARRENS XXX????

hollywood1336

Nwcharger,
Can you provide pictures of your Daytona, I din't get the opportunity to see the show or see the condition it was in.

Nwcharger

Quote from: hollywood1336 on February 19, 2015, 03:03:39 PM
Nwcharger,
Can you provide pictures of your Daytona, I din't get the opportunity to see the show or see the condition it was in.

Here's the post about it. http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,73724.0.html
There's a bunch of pics on there.  :2thumbs:
1969 coronet wagon

djcarguy

SHOW season 10 -13 start ,,new 10-20 show ??

went by GYC shop on 9-5  lots of cars setting outside waitting..  1 or 2 birds an a faded red or orange Daytona with a blk wing an stripe on it???
         bout 30+ cars waiting in the yard?????????  who's sending all them???/DJ  :shruggy: :shruggy:

DC_1

Did AMD finish rebodying....errr...I mean "restoring" the 71 Cuda that was supposed to be the poster child for the show?

I still don't understand the entire idea of farming that one out. It would have been a great series of shows to see what they actually saved and what was replaced (everything but the firewall and VIN plate).

After all, Mark continually points out how he is only one of a handful of people capable of restoring these cars correctly.

Cncguy

After all, Mark continually points out how he is only one of a handful of people capable of restoring these cars correctly.
[/quote]

dont give Mark to much credit especially after he butchered that 70 Charger.