News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

headlamp adjustment

Started by lloyd3, September 05, 2015, 10:21:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lloyd3

Any simple tricks to aligning headlights that I should know about? I don't normally drive mine much at night, but I needed to make a late day run to the store and this evening was so perfect I couldn't help myself. Traffic was also very light (everybody seems to be away for the weekend).  Everything worked as it should, but they need to be adjusted (probably weren't after the repair and the replacement grill install).

Lennard

Park your car in front of a wall or your garage door and get a Phillips screwdriver out and adjust them so they shine at grille height.  Some shops or dealers have a device that they roll in front of your lights and adjust them by judging the light pattern shining on that device.

myk

Like Lennard says.  What I do is I'll pull up to a wall as close as I can and turn the lights on.  With a sharpie or tape I'll mark where the focal point of the bulbs are.  Then I drive straight back about 25 feet and note where the focal points are now.  I then adjust the bulbs so that the focal points line up with the original marks on the wall...

lloyd3