News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 charger rims

Started by tiki, September 02, 2015, 09:36:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tiki

Getting close to buying 15 inch rims,i want to keep them in the 60s era nothing new,was looking at the cragers and the magnum 500 any other ideas or links? tia

myk

The answer is simple: Torq Thrust wheels.  They were the perfect choice then, they are the perfect choice now...

charge69

Well, any of the American Racing Torque Thrust or Cragar styles look great for the "Day Two" look on these cars.  Just depends on your preference and pocketbook!
With my Charger, the Cragar SS wheel was my choice but, that is just me.

myk

Day two.  I like that phrase...

daveco

500's
Cragar
TorqThrust

Kinda hard to go wrong with any of them. Getting the "just right" combination of tire/wheel size and wheel offset is just as important as the wheel style.
R/Tree

charge69

To MYK:  "Day Two" is not my phrase.  I heard it years ago referring to muscle car looks with aftermarket rims and liked it also. 

Ghoste

Big fan of the Cragar SS myself.  :yesnod:

charge69

Me too, Ghoste!  A better picture of mine.

charge69

And ....... one more "enhanced" picture of my Charger that I think looks nice that shows off the Cragars!

JR

I vote for halibrand knock off style wheels or American racing "Salt Flat" wheels.

I would have gone with either of those on my own car (in 17 though), but budget dictated I go with simple 5 spokes. One day, I'll switch to one of these.
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

Ghoste

Quote from: tiki on September 02, 2015, 12:03:10 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/191425380078?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT       anyone like these?

I like them, but the Magnum look is just everywhere nowadays.  I have them myself but I need a change.

tiki

I want to love them not like them,so many decisions putting all your personal touches on your mopar...I love the look here my charger is identical...  http://www.transamflorida.com/1969charger1109.htm

tiki

What backspace was stock for the 69 charger Im thinking right around 2 inches...I was thinking a 15 inch rim & 7 wide on rear and 6 wide on the front i don't want a drag car(even though its got just over 600 hp) on the streets getting pulled over every other day lol I think that size would give me a decent profile...

Stegs

Quote from: tiki on September 02, 2015, 12:35:20 PM
What backspace was stock for the 69 charger Im thinking right around 2 inches...I was thinking a 15 inch rim & 7 wide on rear and 6 wide on the front i don't want a drag car(even though its got just over 600 hp) on the streets getting pulled over every other day lol I think that size would give me a decent profile...

15x8 on the back
15x6 or 15x7 on the front

offset is 4.25 i believe

I suggest magnum 500s

they look the best

If you like bigger rims, check out year ones 17" version of the magnum 500........They are sweet.

I know when i do rims it will be 15 inch magnum 500s from coker tire or similar. Match them with BFG or Mickey Thompson tires

el dub

Quote from: tiki on September 02, 2015, 12:27:34 PM
I want to love them not like them,so many decisions putting all your personal touches on your mopar...I love the look here my charger is identical...  http://www.transamflorida.com/1969charger1109.htm

sounds like you answered your own question.  Ansens, centerlines, what everyone else said. I like chrome reverse with baby moons.
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

tiki

Thanks for all the input nice to kick around ideas... :cheers:

DixieRestoParts

Nice wheels!! Here's mine.
Dixie Restoration Parts
Ball Ground, Georgia
Phone: (770) 975-9898
Phone Hours: M-F 10am-6pm EST
mail@dixierestorationparts.com
Veteran owned small business

The Best Parts at a Fair Price

tiki

dixie what size tire on the front and rear?    275/60/15 and 235/60 15 is what im thinking on doing... :cheers:

Just 6T9 CHGR

These are my "day two" Cragars... Eliminator 500's

245/60/15 front....295/50/15 rear....all 15x8's

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

tiki

nice looking ride any rubbing at all on the front with that size and whats your back space?

Just 6T9 CHGR

Thanks!  No issues front or rear.  4.5" BS all around
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

cavemanno1

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on September 02, 2015, 05:22:33 PM
These are my "day two" Cragars... Eliminator 500's

245/60/15 front....295/50/15 rear....all 15x8's

What's the reason that most people use different front end rear wheel sizes?Like 15x6 or 7 in the front and 15x8 or 10 in the back!Why don't they just get them all the same like Just6t9 CHGR did?Is there a reason?
Chris,isn't that 295x50x15 tire bulge out a bit?Someone said they bulge out and they would have gone to 15x10 with 295x50x15 tires!

Thanks,

Peter

DixieRestoParts

Quote from: tiki on September 02, 2015, 05:13:57 PM
dixie what size tire on the front and rear?    275/60/15 and 235/60 15 is what im thinking on doing... :cheers:

255/60/15 on the front. 295/50/15 on the rear. The modern wheel weights being aluminum are larger than lead, so I have a problem with the ones on the front hitting the upper control arms. Otherwise, I'd have a little more rake to it. Also, I think the rear springs might be sagging a tad. So, use Lead if you can find them or stick on weights.

I've ran the 275 combo you're thinking of and it's good too.  :2thumbs:
Dixie Restoration Parts
Ball Ground, Georgia
Phone: (770) 975-9898
Phone Hours: M-F 10am-6pm EST
mail@dixierestorationparts.com
Veteran owned small business

The Best Parts at a Fair Price