News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

need help with numbers stamped on dist pad

Started by troy.70R/T, August 28, 2015, 05:33:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

troy.70R/T

I was wondering if anyone could decode what the numbers on a 383 engine that I have that I am getting ready to use in my charger.
it is a 65 casting

A383
2     12

R

That is kind of what it looks like on the pad.

69CoronetRT

A= 1965 model year

2 12 = assembled February 12th, 1965.
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

70 sublime

next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

troy.70R/T

Thanks guys. Wow real exciting motor.  :'( O well it will get the car on the road.

A383Wing

that's the same motor I'm running in the Daytona.....65 2bbl engine, Weiand 4bbl intake, dual exhaust, I can cruise at 100mph all day long, runs on regular fuel, and best gas mileage I have got with it is 24.5 mpg.....

troy.70R/T

Thats good to know. Is it a stock cam? Do you know the cam specs? what gear ratio are you running.

c00nhunterjoe

50 yrs later, i doubt it has its origonal components in it. I wouldnt sweat what is stamped on it.

A383Wing

Quote from: troy.70R/T on August 30, 2015, 07:22:54 AM
Thats good to know. Is it a stock cam? Do you know the cam specs? what gear ratio are you running.

cam is the six pac cam from a 440...and my gears are 2.76...pistons are still dog dish 2bbl low compression ones

troy.70R/T

thanks A383wing. I will find out how mine runs in a few weeks. I hope.