News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Carpet Install Question

Started by comet_666, August 27, 2015, 08:27:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

comet_666

I am in the process of installing the carpet in my car. Not to break tradition but I am missing pieces.

What is this piece here (Yellow Arrow) ?

I assume there is one for the back as well and they are independant of the sill plates?

Ghoste

There is a sill extension at the back but I don't believe I have ever seen a separate piece there at the front.  Just the sill plate.

comet_666

Oh, so the sill goes over that body lip and screws to the floor holding the carpet down? And the carpet stops right at that lip correct?

Ghoste

Thats the only way I've seen them.  :shruggy:

Dino

Quote from: comet_666 on August 27, 2015, 08:51:00 AM
Oh, so the sill goes over that body lip and screws to the floor holding the carpet down? And the carpet stops right at that lip correct?

Yes and yes   :yesnod:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

comet_666

Time to get some new sills then.

Thanks guys!

comet_666

Got the new sills and they are just like the old ones, where the yellow arrow is in the first picture, that is not part of the sill.

:shruggy:

Dino

Wait a minute...the sill plate is not supposed to go much further than the pinch weld.  Got any pics with the door open?
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

comet_666

Not sure what this screws to..sees a bit high to screw to floor.

Charger-Bodie

your extention is sitting backwork in the pic. The screws that go on each end of the sill plates have a shoulder to keep you from pulling it down too far.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

rebby

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on September 14, 2015, 08:04:27 AM
your extention is sitting backwork in the pic. The screws that go on each end of the sill plates have a shoulder to keep you from pulling it down too far.

Do you have a pic of one of the extensions installed? I still need to install mine but haven't done it yet, a pic would be very helpful. Thx.
Curt Rebelein, Junior
1969 Charger R/T SE (500 Stroker/833/D60 w/XP VIN)
1969 Charger (440/727/8.75, GL Project)

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

rebby

Curt Rebelein, Junior
1969 Charger R/T SE (500 Stroker/833/D60 w/XP VIN)
1969 Charger (440/727/8.75, GL Project)

comet_666