News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Tragedy as two reporters are gunned down.

Started by Cncguy, August 26, 2015, 02:59:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike DC

Well, obviously, it's time to abolish this divisive & inflammatory "TV news" crap. 

It's bad for the culture.  Those who support it are just troublemakers behind closed doors and this is how they excuse it.  After generations of putting up with this stuff the people who support it just need to grow up. 

TV news is a leftover from a more primitive era and its time has passed.

Steve P.

Like everything else, it boils down to GREED.
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

el dub

Quote from: Steve P. on August 28, 2015, 02:09:42 AM
I could not care any less if all of you own 1000 guns. It's your choice. I hope you enjoy them. Just like we enjoy our cars. Of course not everyone likes our cars. That is their choice.. The funny thing is this, while everyone tries to put an analogy to work and they are all bad. We can use a car to kill someone or stab them with a knife or throw them off a cliff. But it doesn't matter what you think is a good analogy because with almost everything else people have a chance to fight back or get away.  I've been hit in my car by two cars and  dump truck. Still alive. I got my ass kicked by 6 cops. Still alive. I have never choked on a spoon or done any damage to myself with a spoon. I was sliced in a bad once. Still alive. I even lived through me being on fire and being blown off a roof!! Still alive!!!!! Some of those things I didn't have any choice in and the fact is, I am military trained and I cannot remember any classes or lessons on using a spoon, car or a camera to kill anyone.. All the training I receiver was using guns..

Hmmmm, I wonder why....  

Also, I would like to add that I have NEVER HEARD OF ANYONE TAKING AWAY YOUR GUNS..
Well, other than FOX NEWS.. And I still haven't heard them ever tell the truth about anything!!

So.... It's fox news that you watch? I don't watch tv unless something big happens somewhere. New is not news anymore, it is a business to control the populace.
Same with regular tv.
By the way, happy birthday, even if you banned my once. I get excited sometimes.  :cheers:
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

ACUDANUT

So why was this not a HATE crime ? Because white people died ? If it was the other way around it would be.  :Twocents:

Lord Warlock

yes it was a hate crime.  No they won't prosecute as such...probably because he killed himself and we don't have to now. But no one will be ranting about race in this case.  And maybe this guys life didn't matter afterall. 

I watch lots of news on tv, including fox, AND CNN and local, I have given up on MSNBC.  Everyone sensationalizes anything they can report, local news tends to be less so I put more weight into what they say  than national news.  National news tends to gravitate toward what large groups in select areas want to hear.  I enjoy fox only because for years we only had cnn or msnbc and no one stood up for republicans, which I relate most toward even if I am an independent conservative...because there is no conservative representation outside of fox news.  At least fox always has someone from both sides in on the discussion, the other two pack the panel with one side so they can agree with each other.

Fox did damage to themselves on the first debate, showing that they were not backing trump even though the election just started.  I also don't count asking one person a question a debate.  Debates have changed since Reagan was in office.  Reagan made me want to be a republican (was a democrat at the time) got disgusted with republicans and democrats and went independent, but that isolates me so I can't vote in primaries, makes me a bystander stuck with either sides choice.  We need a 3rd party for moderates in both parties to join.  Both parties now are extremes one side or the other.

Local news is more important now than it was before, my days in affecting policy of the country are probably over by now.
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

Chargerguy74

I could not care any less if all of you own 1000 guns. It's your choice. I hope you enjoy them. Just like we enjoy our cars. Of course not everyone likes our cars. That is their choice.. The funny thing is this, while everyone tries to put an analogy to work and they are all bad. We can use a car to kill someone or stab them with a knife or throw them off a cliff. But it doesn't matter what you think is a good analogy because with almost everything else people have a chance to fight back or get away.  I've been hit in my car by two cars and  dump truck. Still alive. I got my ass kicked by 6 cops. Still alive. I have never choked on a spoon or done any damage to myself with a spoon. I was sliced in a bad once. Still alive. I even lived through me being on fire and being blown off a roof!! Still alive!!!!! Some of those things I didn't have any choice in and the fact is, I am military trained and I cannot remember any classes or lessons on using a spoon, car or a camera to kill anyone.. All the training I receiver was using guns..

Hmmmm, I wonder why....   

Also, I would like to add that I have NEVER HEARD OF ANYONE TAKING AWAY YOUR GUNS..
Well, other than FOX NEWS.. And I still haven't heard them ever tell the truth about anything!!

I've been shot once. Still alive.
WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002

ITSA426

I don't often post in these sort of topics but in this case, like many others, the family survivors are calling on people to work for responsible gun laws.  I've never seen anybody who suffers this kind of loss call for more armament on the streets.

Lord Warlock

After every incident where someone involved had a gun, it is instantly pounced on to either
1. add new laws against guns,
2. to make guns illegal-as they are in New York, Detroit and other large cities,
3. to eliminate the choice of gun buyers so they cannot obtain Automatic weapons, magazines of larger than 5 shots,
4. to identify names and locations of gun owners and where they live.
5. or try with every power they have to eliminate guns from the hands of private owners despite the fact that criminals would still have theirs, and then what would crime rates do? 

The last 6 years we've got to see what happens if only criminals had guns, crime is increasing in every major city, there are riots whenever a minority is shot, regardless of whether they instigated the gun play or not, and only non violent crime has gone down.  Terror attacks have multiplied 10 fold from the previous President, the world is on edge, the middle east is a mess, worse now than it was in the 70s, and our long term enemies are still our enemies only now there are new ones with nukes we didn't worry about 40 years ago.

We HAVE responsible gun laws, we just need to follow them and allow more involved background checks, with automatic flags if a prospective owner has ever been treated, or dispensed to ex mental patients.  Personal privacy should only go so far, if you can ever become a risk to the general population, certain applications should do checks against medical background.

I say this as I sit with a bottle of anti depressants at my side...that I choose not to take.  And yes I do have a gun, I got it 30 years ago, and have never been irresponsible with it yet.  But I can see how it should be different if I chose to get a new one, or a crap load of ammo.  I do not believe private owners need automatic weapons, but there should be no restriction on handguns as long as they cannot be converted to auto....a policy and law that is already on the books and should be enforced better.

Only thing I worry about is if someone tries to steal or trash either of my flags on the front of my house, I can see shooting someone that trespasses on my property with intent to do harm to my property. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

el dub

maybe a trend is starting here. In mexico in the last 10 years 370 journalists have been killed. They don't like lying reporters over there I guess.

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

reworked

Question...
what are the statistics that show anyone armed with a gun prevented this kind of shooting, or a home invasion?....even cops get shot dead all the time if a person decides to do so just curious  :shruggy:, this kind of thing happens to quickly for anyone to be prepared to defend themselves...I think owning a gun gives one a false sense of security  :Twocents:

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: reworked on August 29, 2015, 11:53:37 AM
Question...
what are the statistics that show anyone armed with a gun prevented this kind of shooting, or a home invasion?....even cops get shot dead all the time if a person decides to do so just curious  :shruggy:, this kind of thing happens to quickly for anyone to be prepared to defend themselves...I think owning a gun gives one a false sense of security  :Twocents:

So it would better to not have protection? 
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

BSB67

I could not care any less if all of you own 1000 guns. It's your choice. I hope you enjoy them. Just like we enjoy our cars. Of course not everyone likes our cars. That is their choice.. The funny thing is this, while everyone tries to put an analogy to work and they are all bad. We can use a car to kill someone or stab them with a knife or throw them off a cliff. But it doesn't matter what you think is a good analogy because with almost everything else people have a chance to fight back or get away.  I've been hit in my car by two cars and  dump truck. Still alive. I got my ass kicked by 6 cops. Still alive. I have never choked on a spoon or done any damage to myself with a spoon. I was sliced in a bad once. Still alive. I even lived through me being on fire and being blown off a roof!! Still alive!!!!! Some of those things I didn't have any choice in and the fact is, I am military trained and I cannot remember any classes or lessons on using a spoon, car or a camera to kill anyone.. All the training I receiver was using guns..

Hmmmm, I wonder why....   

Interesting.

Not all gun incidents result in death.

Interesting also that your several life threatening situations, none involved a gun.

Bad people do bad things.  If we really care about fixing people killing people (if you think you can), we would work on the root cause.

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
4150 lbs with driver, 3.23 gear, stock converter
11.68 @ 120.2 mph

skip68

There have been several home invasions in Vegas in recent years where the home owners lived and killed the bad guys.   When you have a family you have a responsibility that's larger than yourself.  You must protect your family regardless of your beliefs.  Home invaders don't give a shit about your beliefs on guns.    :scratchchin: 
Actually, that's NOT true.  They hope you're one on the lambs that's not going to be a threat.   A gun is just a tool in my eyes.  It's used for many things.   If some of you are against guns that's fine.   Should the day ever come when one is needed just hope that the ones coming to save you or your family can get there in time.   That may be good enough for you and that's fine, but not me.  I choose to NOT be a victim if possible.   But that's just me.    :Twocents:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

redmist

Hmmmm, I wonder why....   

You need to open your ears sir... We have an entire government entity that has been formed for the simple purpose of taking away guns. It's called the ATF.

And the legislation that has been passed down for the sole purpose of taking away guns has been happening for a long long time.

JUNKTRAVELER: all I've seen in this thread is a bunch of bullies and 3 guys that actually give a crap.

ws23rt

:2thumbs: and cheers for speaking up.  If this is to be considered political than it could be short lived. :shruggy:
We do live in changing times and the basics we started with are being diluted drop by drop.  It is not by one ideology or group it is by the nature of human evolution and one generation forgets what the last one learned.

Where we are going is blindly forward with a mess of disjointed perceptions of what is basic for all of us.

It could be that we are in need of a (re)declaration of who we are as a country?---- ::)---

ACUDANUT

Quote from: redmist on September 02, 2015, 08:11:06 PM

Hmmmm, I wonder why....   

You need to open your ears sir... We have an entire government entity that has been formed for the simple purpose of taking away guns. It's called the ATF.

And the legislation that has been passed down for the sole purpose of taking away guns has been happening for a long long time.

Also read about Katrina. Our Government went house to House and took away guns from law biding people.
[/b]

ACUDANUT

Quote from: redmist on September 02, 2015, 08:11:06 PM

Hmmmm, I wonder why....   

Also read about Katrina. Our Government went house to House and took away guns from law biding people.
[/quote]

Lord Warlock

Question...
what are the statistics that show anyone armed with a gun prevented this kind of shooting, or a home invasion?....even cops get shot dead all the time if a person decides to do so just curious....

The answer:  Those statistics will never be known because the left will not allow the media to hamstring their issue.  Cops get shot because they have to hesitate to give the target a chance to surrender, a good gun owning homeowner doesn't hesitate, a majority of them know that you only get the gun out if you intend to kill someone,  I remember just this week a cop was shot while they broke into the wrong house by accident, and shot the owners dog....shoot one of my dogs and I'm not hesitating, or waiting for the assailant to announce themselves, they'd be dead in less than 10 seconds.  I don't aim for arms or legs, dead center chest, and the next 7 will follow quickly if they don't go down, or i'd go for a head shot that will drop anyone.  I don't need a 2nd magazine.
I take my military training seriously, just as the statement I had to sign announcing my willingness to use deadly force when necessary.  Both my kids should be feared by trespassers.  And i'm just that unassuming neighbor next door to you.  That cuts his lawn, trims his bushes and will chat your head off, and try to get along with anyone, but my red line is my front door.  Cross if you dare.  There is a doorbell there for a reason.  

If all you do is buy a gun, and never practice with it, you can get a false sense of security.  I feel every gun owner should go to a range every 5 years or so, just to keep their powder fresh.  I did that just to keep a feel for it, and each time took a family member with me to teach them how if necessary.  Each came home with a target worth framing.  (each kid hung it in their room for a while).  The more you practice the tighter your clusters will get, or you'll get better at a further distance.  If I was more rural I would have taught them rifles.

Almost anyone can learn to shoot well enough to defend themselves just by going through 300 to 500 rounds of target practice. 

el dub

Anything in your house is going to be less than 10 so you don't need to practice to much. Especially with the high cost of ammo. Just get a 12 gauge and you wont kill anyone in the next room or outside

Lord Warlock

takes less than 3 seconds to have hands on the weapon, and dogs will both bark to give enough warning to grab and chamber the weapon. Nowadays have no one but the wife in the house with me, so can't hurt anyone else even if a shot goes through some drywall.  Not that much punch with it, but don't need it, save the high velocity stuff for outside.  Inside even something small will work just fine hollow points are for added fun, not as accurate but do more damage. I'd take a shotgun if I had one, but never was crazy about them, probably because the one I got weaned on was a 12 gauge. It hurt to shoot.

cavemanno1

I hope you guys know that the media is all designed to scare you to give up your rights to freedom in order to protect you!
Look all that cctv cameras in England!You can't be anywhere without someone watching you,yet when crimes happen all they can do is MAYBE identify the perpetrators and never stop the crime being commit!

When you guys turn your firearms in and then shit hits the fen,your goverment will have a much easier job to suppress you!
Don't wanna get all political but look at your new detention camps they are built recently like in Fairbanks,Alaska where they can hold 2 milllion people!
Your goverment is ready for a civil war and they have facilities like in the Mount Weather bunker where the duplicate of the Pentagon is!

Once the US dollar collapse and stop being the only currency for the oil (petrodollar) then your known way of life will stop exist!Your financial system will collapse and will be worse then is 1930!

Suddam wanted Euro for oil and not dollar,Gaddafi wanted gold for oil and not dollar!They are gone now and look all the imimgrants coming into Europe.Gaddafi was the barrier to stop them but now they have wars everywhere so milions of people flee these countries!
They are gonna kill Europe by overrunning it and these idiot politicians just welcome them!Instead of stoping these wars everywhere and help people in their own countries.

The media never tells you the whole story or what is true,they designe and select the news for to you fear the terrorist and such!
The biggest media group share holder is the biggest share holder of Goldman Sachs!

John_Kunkel

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on August 28, 2015, 07:59:54 AM
Well, obviously, it's time to abolish this divisive & inflammatory "TV news" crap. 

Wishful thinking but that is the problem.

A hundred years ago when some noteworthy person was shot or shot somebody it was national news (albeit not so swiftly circulated) but now even a small time shooting makes the national news instantly. Example, a shooting yesterday in a local college parking lot made CNN within hours. Why? It was near a school.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

BSB67

Quote from: John_Kunkel on September 04, 2015, 03:59:07 PM
Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on August 28, 2015, 07:59:54 AM

......but now even a small time shooting makes the national news instantly.

if it supports a specific agenda.

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
4150 lbs with driver, 3.23 gear, stock converter
11.68 @ 120.2 mph