News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Why do I always have problems with my fluids?

Started by 451-74Charger, September 01, 2015, 11:10:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

451-74Charger

So my driveway at the moment looks like a scrap yard.

I have 2 Transam (convertible and hardtop), both have "lost" drive in 3rd and need Trans rebuilds.

My BMW spewed its coolant last night due to a stupid plastic tube that is attached to the radiator.  I tried making replacement stainless tube for said plastic crap, and all was good until I went to fasten the hose clip on the drivers side and "SNAP !" the connector broke off the top hose.
So until that is fixed with a new part, i cannot tell if my fix is good. (i would have to special order the pipe from BMW if I wanted the crappy plastic again).
I am currently driving the Jeep Grand Cherokee, that I have had to borrow from the wife, so I can run to get parts and coolant.
(I didn't forget the Charger, that is tucked up in the garage).
The reason I traded my Jeep GC, was it kept sticking thermostats and blowing hoses. This BMW is now on its 3rd water pump, and the tires (Yokohama S-Drive) only last 9 months due to the camber in the rear being set at 2.00 degrees -ve.

Now don't tell me that with expensive cars comes expensive bills, I do most of my own work on them and have not had any major disasters requiring me to send to a shop.

To top this off, I have a water leak in the front yard, we have proven to not be from our supply. However the city pipes go across the street and nowhere near the leak. They have to take samples to workout where it is coming from.
I can't seem to get a break