News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Ratchet shifter heights?

Started by 440, August 23, 2015, 09:34:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I'm trying to fit a ratchet shifter under a console and need the minimum height required to fit them. If anyone has either a B&M Quicksilver or Hurst Promatic 2 and can take some measurments it would be much appreciated. It would need to be from the mounting feet to the highest portion of the shifter body.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

comet_666

I have a Promatic 2 I just bolted down today. I'll measure tomorrow.

Cool, thanks. If you could also measure the black boot overall size and opening size.

Cheers  :icon_smile:

WHITE AND RED 69

I've got the Quicksilver fitted with a stock console. It's about 4 1/8" from the floor to top of the shifter body. All it took for mine was some cutting on the lens bracket to make it fit.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

Thanks!

Is that a generous 4 1/8" or is it a tight measurment? It's gonna be close as I've only got about 4 1/2" to play with. And that's only after I unbolt the factory console shifter hump, cut a filler panel out of a donor car and bolt it in place of the hump.

I'm curious if the Promatic will offer a bit more breathing room?

WHITE AND RED 69

4 1/8" was pretty close to dead on.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

comet_666

I measured the promatic 2 from the metal base to the top of the mechanism and it is 5"

Thanks for that, it's extremely helpful. The Promatic looks lower then the Quick Silver in pictures but measurments don't lie. I can maybe squeeze the QS in but not the Promatic if it's 5".

Dino

Put some spacers between the console and brackets to raise it up.  With the way the carpet and console carpet runs nobody will be the wiser.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

I thought about that, getting away with spacing it up 1/4" is probably ok if a little room is needed. 3/4" is probably pushing it though.