News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

my wing car toy collection has been re-homed

Started by held1823, August 22, 2015, 10:42:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

held1823

i had spent the last twenty five years building a rather sizable collection of daytona and superbird toys. with less than a handful of exceptions, it contained any and every wing car toy built during that time frame, along with hundreds of custom pieces. putting this all together was truly a labor of love, not to mention money. i had long said that i would sell the entire collection to help get the full sized one back on the road. that time, has now come.

a borderline fanatical mopar diecast collecting couple from michigan now owns my collection. much of it will be added to their personal collection, but hundred of wing car items are being sold off, many of them at prices that are less than the original cost. should anyone here be interested in contact information to see what is available, i can provide it. several items have already been listed within a few facebook groups that focus on the various diecast brands.

Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: held1823 on August 22, 2015, 10:42:56 AM
i had spent the last twenty five years building a rather sizable collection of daytona and superbird toys. with less than a handful of exceptions, it contained any and every wing car toy built during that time frame, along with hundreds of custom pieces. putting this all together was truly a labor of love, not to mention money. i had long said that i would sell the entire collection to help get the full sized one back on the road. that time, has now come.

a borderline fanatical mopar diecast collecting couple from michigan now owns my collection. much of it will be added to their personal collection, but hundred of wing car items are being sold off, many of them at prices that are less than the original cost. should anyone here be interested in contact information to see what is available, i can provide it. several items have already been listed within a few facebook groups that focus on the various diecast brands.

I've got a bunch of that stuff, too.

It really is time to let most of it go.

Die casts and model kits, too.

hemi68charger

Would love to find a V2 Daytona with black wing and Lemon Twist Superbird..
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

nascarxx29

Will check still got odds and end models diecast around the house
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Mopar John

Quote from: held1823 on August 22, 2015, 10:42:56 AM

Ernie,
That is great news that you want to get your Daytona back on the road again!
Are you going to leave the 70 Charger front end on it or try to find Daytona parts?
Let me know if I can be of any assistance to you.
MJ

held1823

Quote from: hemi68charger on August 22, 2015, 03:57:22 PM
Would love to find a V2 Daytona with black wing and Lemon Twist Superbird..

i had them both , will check to see if she still does. if so, i will get you her info

Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

held1823

Quote from: Mopar John on August 22, 2015, 06:06:31 PM
Ernie,
That is great news that you want to get your Daytona back on the road again!
Are you going to leave the 70 Charger front end on it or try to find Daytona parts?
Let me know if I can be of any assistance to you.
MJ

the first goal is to get it going with the body as is. my original engine is long gone, so i am thinking of first getting the numbers off the one in it now and seeing if that car might still be around to reunite the engine with it.

with both girls still in college, replacing the front sheet metal is still a ways off.  once i am to that point, you will be my first phone call.
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

472 R/T SE

Good job putting your girls through school Dad!  :2thumbs:

hemi68charger

Have a V2 Daytona with black wing and Lemon Twist Superbird on their way soon... Thanks for the head's up Ernie...  :2thumbs:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

held1823

any time, troy.  i was about to message her and see what the delay was in replying, when i saw this. 

hope you got a bargain, she was selling some of it cheap enough to make me want to cry
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

chargerman69

held1823

Quote from: chargerman69 on September 14, 2015, 08:40:04 PM
Am looking for 1/18 cars of both

i had about 120 of them, many are still available. if you use facebook, i can link you to her posts for the cars. if not, i can get you her email address
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

69_500

Ernie, did you have many C500's in the collection?

held1823

Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

held1823

Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

held1823

i've had some inquiries about the 1/18 scale cars that may be available, so here is a link to some photos.

amanda has most, if not all, of the remaining 1/18 scales uploaded to a photo album on facebook. you should not need your own facebook account to view it, as it is a "public" folder. if you have an account, you can contact her through it, otherwise i can forward her your email. let me know if this link does not work. thanks

https://www.facebook.com/amanda.rall/media_set?set=a.10200498985075050.1073741936.1770288071&type=3
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053