News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My garage floor sweats - Charger home in Showcase car capsule.

Started by E86/A47, July 26, 2015, 04:56:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E86/A47

QuoteOne comment about my cheaper dehumidifiers.  The seem to cycle on and off quite frequently, which can be annoying.

I suggest one of these timers, which as a bonus will off surge protection.  That way you can give the units a rest too.  I started using one for my electric litter boxes to give them a rest four hours a night and they are both running much quieter.  It will probably prolong their life span.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002K8M9HM?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

Others have said they run their dehumidifiers for 12 hours a day. I was planning on doing the same but using a timer. Is this a good idea and similar to the above suggested surge protector?

Ever since I put the syran wrap on the floor, humidity has been down and my floors are pretty much dry.

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: E86/A47 on August 03, 2015, 10:31:25 AM

Others have said they run their dehumidifiers for 12 hours a day. I was planning on doing the same but using a timer.  

Daytona R/T SE

If your dehumidifier isn't cycling on and off on it's own, then it's not big enough to dehumidify the room/building you are trying to dry.

Don't fool around with a timer, get a big enough unit to do the job.

Is your garage insulated ?

If it's not, you're wasting your time with a dehumidifier or car capsule, or anything else until it is.

Rapid changes in indoor temperature due to an uninsulated building will cause the floor, and any other

relatively cool items, like the car, metal tools, etc. to have condensation form on them.

When buying a dehumidifier get one that's made for "low temp" operation, usually good down to 41 degrees.

Use it year 'round.  :Twocents:

I've been dehumidifying my garage 24/7 365 for 20+ years.   ;)

E86/A47

Dag nab it, I received my car capsule yesterday. I would say my garage is semi insulated, there is some pink stuff in the walls (not sure how good of a job was done) and a drop ceiling basically made of rigid insulation but there is a large hole in the drop ceiling, say about 4' by 8'. I guess now I need to insulate it better, DOH!

I still haven't bought the dehumidifier and was planning on getting a 70 pint while caculations called for a 30 pint. My car is not home yet, it is in my buddy's shop getting the wiring sorted out.

Thanks everyone for the help!

ACUDANUT

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on August 03, 2015, 11:44:09 PM
If your dehumidifier isn't cycling on and off on it's own, then it's not big enough to dehumidify the room/building you are trying to dry.

Don't fool around with a timer, get a big enough unit to do the job.

Is your garage insulated ?

If it's not, you're wasting your time with a dehumidifier or car capsule, or anything else until it is.

Rapid changes in indoor temperature due to an uninsulated building will cause the floor, and any other

relatively cool items, like the car, metal tools, etc. to have condensation form on them.

When buying a dehumidifier get one that's made for "low temp" operation, usually good down to 41 degrees.

Use it year 'round.  :Twocents:

I've been dehumidifying my garage 24/7 365 for 20+ years.   ;)

My garage is fully insolated, but you still need a dehudifier.  My eclectic bill was was over 300 bucks last month, for both the house and the garage.

E86/A47

Finally got my Charger home. Was out driving her today with a BIG smile on my face!  :icon_smile_big: It needed some wiring work and I changed a couple things and she ran really nice.

Here are a couple pics of her in the showcase car capsule.

tan top

Quote from: E86/A47 on August 23, 2015, 04:32:53 PM
Finally got my Charger home. Was out driving her today with a BIG smile on my face!  :icon_smile_big: It needed some wiring work and I changed a couple things and she ran really nice.

Here are a couple pics of her in the showcase car capsule.

:coolgleamA: :2thumbs: 
looks a good set up ,   been thinking about getting something like this my self  :scratchchin:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

JB400

Important question:  How big is your garage space, and how much additional room did this take up?

E86/A47

Quotelooks a good set up ,   been thinking about getting something like this my self

I am happy with it so far. What I can say is that the owner Phil has been great to work with. I was on the fence between the original car capsule and the showcase and decided on the more expensive one ($1700) because you can drive in and out while with the original (about $400) is more work to get in and out. The original pump I got had a leak (actually in the hose that goes to the showcase) so the pump was not shutting off, they quickly sent me a new pump + hose that works like a charm. Give them a call with any questions. Plus they will cover shipping if you call.

QuoteImportant question:  How big is your garage space, and how much additional room did this take up?

My garage is pretty small and this takes up a little extra room. I have about 6 feet or so on each side and a couple feet in the front and back (with another 3 feet for my work benches.) I can walk all the way around it and have a bunch of my junk stored on all sides but the front (obviously.) I did have to take my riding mower out and will probably have to take my snow thrower out as there is not enough room to get in and out. No big deal, I build a little A frame type garage for the mower out of some old sliding glass doors and extra ridge cap I had lying around.

They increased the size for future models so if you want a smaller one for smaller space, you should order soon (I have no idea how many of the smaller size they still have but would ask.) Overall Dimensions of the original is: 18' x 9'-3" x 7'-2" (LxWxH) and the new ones will be 18'8"x9'3"x6'6" (I am not sure when these will start shipping.) My Charger just fits in with about 4 inches to spare in the back and 2 in the front. The new size would fit in my garage but it would make the space even tighter. I am 6'5" so having the taller one is better for me too.

Stegs

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on July 27, 2015, 01:56:22 PM
Quote from: green69rt on July 27, 2015, 08:12:52 AM
Easy test to tell where the water is coming from.   Get a small square of saran wrap or other water proof film.  Put it on the floor and tape around all the edges.  Wait a day.   If there is water under the film then it came up thru the floor, dry under the film means the water is condensation from the air.

God damn it Gump! Your a God damn genius! That's the most outstanding answer I've ever heard. You must have a God damn I.Q. of a hundred and sixty. You are God damn gifted Private Gump.  :icon_smile_big:

;) :cheers: ;D :yesnod: :icon_smile_tongue: :2thumbs: :rofl: :smilielol: :ohhthesarcasm: