News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

whats wrong with us.

Started by el dub, August 21, 2015, 01:42:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on August 23, 2015, 09:46:00 AM

Men don't have the kind of birth control freedoms than women have, either.  We have one (unreliable) BC option, no morning-after options, and we have no say in the abortion question.  

Uhhh....

Keep your dick in your pants. :shruggy:

:slap:

Mike DC

Try saying "if she didn't want to get pregnant then she should have kept her legs closed" around a group of women.  Try not to get slapped.  

So why is it socially acceptable to say this about men?  

Women got BC & abortion rights by calling it a human rights issue.  They couldn't have a normal sex life without ending up making children against their will.  Men still don't have these "human rights" 40+ years later, and that is crazy.  

We deserve and need better BC methods.  
I sometimes hear women complain about how men have it easy because we "don't have to take BC".  WTF?  Every unmarried guy I know would want a male BC pill if he had the option!    

Science has been working on it for decades but nothing is a done deal yet.  

Daytona R/T SE

So there's no personal responsibility ?  :shruggy:

It's science and government's fault for not providing birth control ?  :shruggy:

Again...

Here's the solution:

Keep your dick in your pants.  :slap:

Mike DC

IMO we are having this discussion because putting moral pressure on the poor is not very effective.  

Preaching morality without offering cheap/free solutions won't bring down the welfare birthrate.  It will help us feel more self-righteous, make us more pissed off  . . . and it won't fix the problem.

I want to fix the problem.  $1 worth of BC probably saves the country $1000 in the very long run.  If we don't buy one or the other then the long-term indirect consequences for the whole culture are much worse.

I say push moral responsibility too.  But let's be realistic that it's not a solution for irresponsible adults living now.  It's more effective at steering kids in the right direction for the next generation.  Only a decent upbringing environment + moral responsibility will end the cycle.  Free BC for the parents helps to give the existing kids a better environment.    

Also, I don't consider it irresponsible to want to have sex without risking children.  Condoms have a crappy failure rate and they are not very practical compared to the other options women have.  

skip68

Unfortunately we can never break the cycle.  It's evolved so bad for so long that they aren't capable of morality and responsibility.  It's something that they just don't understand and was lost generations ago.    
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

JB400

What's wrong with us?  The answer is simple, yet hard to accomplish.  Establish the sense of what it means to be a family.  This woman has no idea of what a family is.  Neither does her boyfriend.  They both are nothing but rabbits or mice, pushing out children for the purpose of having children.  If he was in it to be a proper father, he wouldn't have gotten arrested.  She wouldn't have said what she said if she was to be a proper mother. 

Unfortunately, I know of a guy that has 10 kids with 6 girls.  He's currently on his 7th.  She wants to have children as well, but she miscarried that last few times, so I kinda doubt she ever will. 

Back on subject, they don't teach family values in school, which is a shame.  That is what needs to be taught.  Men aren't taught why they should go to a steady job, come home to a loving wife, and enjoy time with their children.  Women aren't taught how to run a proper household, or raise a family, or how to love their husbands.  Neither sex has any clue as to what to do, or desire to do it, and just ends up gaming the system.  I've found that most women don't care who they're with.  They just want to play the system.  A majority of the guys don't want to commit either, so they end up playing the system.  Those people that do want to commit, either done it early, or end up getting played as well, and lose hope in finding someone to commit to.

I say lets install some family role models, and family values.  The birth rate will control itself, or at least, support itself.

el dub

I don't think so.  :cheers:  They call them family values for a reason. You learn from your mother and father. I wouldn't want some crackpot teacher, in our school system, teaching my kid something like that. Your right about the gaming though. The more kids you have, the more benefits you get. That is what has to change.  limit the benefits.
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

skip68

Sorry jb but it starts at home.  These kids aren't living a Brady bunch life and their parents didn't either.  And guess what, these kid's kids won't be either.   Probably most will end up dead or incarcerated before they're 25.   The girls will end up with multiple baby daddies by the time they hit 20.   Sterilize an entire generation is what's needed to slow down this epidemic.   Treat them like the animals they are and spayed and neuter them now.  
They abandon and kill their own and then have the nerve to cry to us that black lives matter.  WTF?   Matter to who?   This is the reason people become racists.  Tired of entitled garbage people.  
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

JB400

Skip, you hit the nail on the head.  It starts at home.  That's the problem.  These kids that end up being these people that game the system have no home or any idea of what a home is.  That's why I say they need to be shown what a home is and what it's all about.  Show them how to love themselves and one another.  Right now, they don't care either way.

el dub

Cncguy

Just Think all 15 kids will grow up believing this same thing.

wingcar

Fifteen more problems down the road that society will have to deed with....sad for all.  What ever happened to "personal accountably"?  Does society own her because of poor life choices SHE made?  I see another generation growing up with their hand out sucking money from those that work hard and ask nothing more from the government than to left alone.     :rotz:
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

ITSA426

Lots of suggestions, not many solutions.  Bring back the draft, make education affordable and mandatory, go back to the WPA mentality of creating jobs for people and make them character building jobs.  If you get assistance from the public you should owe the public something.  Maybe we should modify immigration policy so that "if we get one of yours, you have to take one of ours".  It is really sick to see someone so ungrateful that they expect something for nothing.  They shouldn't be allowed to teach their children the same thing as a lifestyle.  Life's hard - it's harder if your stupid!

Mike DC

Education is already FREE and mandatory.  But this would have helped equalize our society, which we try to avoid at all costs.  So we pushed the more directly useful studies up into the post-high-school levels where it's still very expensive. 

ITSA426

But how many people with only the mandatory free education can even balance a checkbook.  There needs to be more; and sometimes people need to be held accountable by someone else if they can't hold themselves responsible.  Again, that's only part of the problem, but maybe a good place to start.  So much to do to raise the least of us.

ws23rt

Their is a snowball effect going on here.  Those that are raising (or trying too) the little gifts from splashing seaman most likely came from the same background and traditions.
What they have to offer their children is all they have learned.  One of which is more babies means more money. The economic reality and the future are things that don't play in their world.  It is all about today.

RECHRGD

There are laws against feeding wildlife for the obvious reasons.  Once they become accustomed to the free easy food, they become less apt to return to their natural way of feeding themselves.  They can become aggressive if food is withheld and soon you'll be feeding more and more of them as word gets out.  From what I've witnessed in the last 67 years, the human brain seems to work the same......
13.53 @ 105.32

ws23rt

Quote from: RECHRGD on August 26, 2015, 05:42:48 PM
There are laws against feeding wildlife for the obvious reasons.  Once they become accustomed to the free easy food, they become less apt to return to their natural way of feeding themselves.  They can become aggressive if food is withheld and soon you'll be feeding more and more of them as word gets out.  From what I've witnessed in the last 67 years, the human brain seems to work the same......

:2thumbs:  This is simple, clear and obvious.  We are not different from all other critters in the fundamentals of survival and adaptability.

el dub

Its the bureaucratic systems in place that supports these people that is the problem. JB is correct when he said they are gaming the systems. That is all it is. Change the bureaucracy.  Simple eh. Ever try and get rid of a govt employee.

RECHRGD

Quote from: el dub on August 26, 2015, 05:52:57 PM
Its the bureaucratic systems in place that supports these people that is the problem. JB is correct when he said they are gaming the systems. That is all it is. Change the bureaucracy.  Simple eh. Ever try and get rid of a govt employee.

Absolutely!  As our local and federal governments have been liberalized over the decades the abuse has been ignored and more and more programs have been put in place.  Any attempt to put the brakes on all of this is viewed as cruel and racist.
13.53 @ 105.32

ws23rt

Quote from: RECHRGD on August 26, 2015, 06:06:50 PM
Its the bureaucratic systems in place that supports these people that is the problem. JB is correct when he said they are gaming the systems. That is all it is. Change the bureaucracy.  Simple eh. Ever try and get rid of a govt employee.

Absolutely!  As our local and federal governments have been liberalized over the decades the abuse has been ignored and more and more programs have been put in place.  Any attempt to put the brakes on all of this is viewed as cruel and racist.

Agree--- An important question is- just who view rational/practical  thinking as being cruel and racist?  Are they the ones that dictate for all?

RECHRGD

Quote from: ws23rt on August 26, 2015, 06:18:28 PM

Absolutely!  As our local and federal governments have been liberalized over the decades the abuse has been ignored and more and more programs have been put in place.  Any attempt to put the brakes on all of this is viewed as

Agree--- An important question is- just who view rational/practical  thinking as being cruel and racist?  Are they the ones that dictate for all?

You and I both know the answer, but if we get too political here the subject will be blocked.  The status quo benefits many high powered people and they will do and say anything to not have the boat rocked.....
13.53 @ 105.32

ws23rt

Quote from: RECHRGD on August 26, 2015, 06:26:27 PM

Absolutely!  As our local and federal governments have been liberalized over the decades the abuse has been ignored and more and more programs have been put in place.  Any attempt to put the brakes on all of this is viewed as

You and I both know the answer, but if we get too political here the subject will be blocked.  The status quo benefits many high powered people and they will do and say anything to not have the boat rocked.....

I suppose that anytime a conversation moves to hoping those that we hire do right by us-- will be considered political. ---That leaves few topics if any that can pass the political test. :shruggy:

Hmm :scratchchin:---These hired folks just need a rational mind that can make decisions.  Let's give them the glory of being in a position of "high" regard for a short time and they can live like the rest of us as they grow old.  They could get a hobby like cars (for example) and have fun with life as they age.  :lol:

RECHRGD

Quote from: ws23rt on August 26, 2015, 06:48:53 PM
Quote from: RECHRGD on August 26, 2015, 06:26:27 PM

I suppose that anytime a conversation moves to hoping those that we hire do right by us-- will be considered political. ---That leaves few topics if any that can pass the political test. :shruggy:

Hmm :scratchchin:---These hired folks just need a rational mind that can make decisions.  Let's give them the glory of being in a position of "high" regard for a short time and they can live like the rest of us as they grow old.  They could get a hobby like cars (for example) and have fun with life as they age.  :lol:

:2thumbs:
13.53 @ 105.32

John_Kunkel

In many cultures, a man's "macho" can be enhanced by displaying his virility by having fathered lots of kids. This is why BC, even when readily available, is shunned by those who have nothing else to brag about.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.