News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

police brutality

Started by el dub, August 20, 2015, 02:05:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

el dub

entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

skip68

That's what I've been saying forever.    It's the truth.  I just wish the media and all would start spitting out this truth.   I'm a white guy and you could put me in the whitest of white small town America and if I run, fight or resist the cops it won't end well for me.   If I show no respect for the law or authority, I become another piece of shit of human waste no matter what my skin color is.   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

rt green

THAT was good.  well said.
third string oil changer

Mike DC

skip68

I remember that and it was not good.   I think that most cops in these areas with lots of crime by blacks are just expecting some form of resistance or trouble.   It's sad but true.  Police need to be calm and cool.   But, then again, he did bend over and reach in his car quickly.   How many times has that happened and the guy pulls out a gun?   Lots of times and not just by blacks but whites too.  The cop panicked and the guy reached in the car so in my opinion they're both at fault and to blame.  
After watching it several times it's clear he was trying to obey the officers orders quickly.   He 100% gave the officer reason to be on alert the moment he reached for something in the car which we now know was his license but the officer had no knowledge at the time what he was reaching for.  The officer should've gave the order of DON'T MOVE, FREEZE, SLOWLY PUT YOUR HANDS WHERE I CAN SEE THEM the moment he reached into the car. 
Since the man was obeying he would've done so and this wouldn't have happened.   That is the officers fault 100% by not giving the man the correct orders in that given situation.   So, bottom line is mistakes were made on both sides however the officers orders (which the man was obeying) were wrong and lead to the shooting. 
Officer guilty and completely responsible for this bad shooting. 
:Twocents:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Mike DC

QuoteSo, bottom line is mistakes were made on both sides however the officers orders (which the man was obeying) were wrong and lead to the shooting.  

I don't think mistakes were made on both sides in a case like that.  If this wasn't a situation where the officer owed the guy some slight benefit-of-the-doubt, then what is?  

The kid had not been told to freeze or put his hands up or get on the ground.  He had just been ordered to produce an item.

This LEO in the video didn't shoot to avoid a stupid reckless risk to himself, he shot to avoid taking any risk whatsoever.  But the problem is, that doesn't make all the risk disappear.  Instead the risk all gets shifted onto innocent and fully cooperative citizens.

el dub

maybe they need to go back to the third grade on the background checks for the police. Something isn't working in a lot of cases, but that is above my pay grade.
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

Ghoste

For certain, the answer isn't resisting, talking back, running, or staging a riot.  At least it seems provocative to me.  :shruggy:

The first video was hilarious in any case. :2thumbs: