News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How do you get this plastic thing off???

Started by fatboy, July 31, 2015, 08:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fatboy

It kind of looks like its riveted but I'm not sure. Don't want to break it.

Moparparts

Those are probably original metal Rivets, they will need drilled out if they are

bill440rt

Right, you need to drill out the rivets. To reinstall, just rivet it back on. If you happen to break it, they are available reproduction.
Just an FYI, it should hang to the inside of the strut rod.  :Twocents:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

ODZKing

bill440rt

They are splash shields, installed on the bottom edge of the front frame rails.
Here is how it is supposed to look.  :cheers:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

fatboy

Dino

I should remove mine so I can properly paint the frame.  Where do you get those rivets?  Are they a common size?
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

303 Mopar

Quote from: bill440rt on August 01, 2015, 12:44:35 PM

Hey Bill - is your anti-sway bar installed correctly?  The pic makes it look like it goes up at the end (smilies) instead of down (frowns).  Maybe an illusion but I thought it may need checking to be safe.
1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

BLK 68 R/T

Quote from: Dino on August 15, 2015, 04:00:59 PM
I should remove mine so I can properly paint the frame.  Where do you get those rivets?  Are they a common size?

They are just standard pop-rivets. Any good hardware store should have them. Just put them on before you put the strut rods in....or you will have a heck of a time trying to get the pop-rivet gun on them to set them in place. IIRC they are around a 3/16" hole size?

Dino

Quote from: BLK 68 R/T on August 17, 2015, 12:01:32 PM
Quote from: Dino on August 15, 2015, 04:00:59 PM

They are just standard pop-rivets. Any good hardware store should have them. Just put them on before you put the strut rods in....or you will have a heck of a time trying to get the pop-rivet gun on them to set them in place. IIRC they are around a 3/16" hole size?

Ah, that's good news and bad news then...I wasn't planning on removing the strut rods.   :icon_smile_big:

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

bill440rt

Quote from: 303 Mopar on August 15, 2015, 04:51:24 PM
Quote from: bill440rt on August 01, 2015, 12:44:35 PM

Hey Bill - is your anti-sway bar installed correctly?  The pic makes it look like it goes up at the end (smilies) instead of down (frowns).  Maybe an illusion but I thought it may need checking to be safe.

Yes, it is installed correctly. It should curve upwards on the ends.  :2thumbs:

Dino, if your rivet gun has a swivel head it makes installing the shields easier.  :cheers: