News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 brake question?

Started by lexxman, August 13, 2015, 09:16:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lexxman

Ok I'm running the new brake lines in my 69 charger.I have the divider block with the safety switch, should there be a proportionate value some where. I've seen picture where theres one for the back brakes. The previous own had taken it apart so I don't know what was there.

Mopar Nut

Quote from: lexxman on August 13, 2015, 09:16:19 PM
I have the divider block with the safety switch, should there be a proportionate value some where.
For the rear only if you are running disc brakes up front and then I would use an adj. proportionate valve on the rear line.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

303 Mopar

You at need a proportion valve as the divider block only channels the brake fluid to front and back.  I replaced my block with an OEM proportion valve as it was the cheapest and easiest route.
1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

lexxman

Picture I see have the proportionate value by the drivers feet just down from the divider. What good does it do there?