News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Move in Day.. 19 years late!

Started by birdsandbees, August 13, 2015, 01:16:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

birdsandbees

I built my shop in 1996 with the sole intention of having my cars in same. Then somewhere along the line building and repairing airplanes got in the way of what I really wanted to be doing.

Our 30 year old daughter passing away last Tuesday, after a 5+ year battle with Ewing's Sarcoma, reminded me that life is definitely finite. In the past 8 days I have emptied my shop of all things aircraft and brought my babies home where they belong to help keep me distracted. This is the first time that any of them have sat on the concrete floor that was meant for them and I can now start puttering away at tidying them up.

Now if I could just get rid of that plastic piece of junk at the end that I bought my wife for our 10th anniversary (now 33 years on our daughters DOD of all things) and upgrade it to a red '70 Hemi Challenger R/T convertible, that would be nice!  :yesnod: Nice clone on Ebay for $116k, just a tad steep at 70 cents on the dollar.  :brickwall: Certainly can't afford a real one...

1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

ACUDANUT

Damn, I am so sorry to hear about your Daughter. Keep your head up.

myk

I'm truly sorry to hear this.  Keep your memories close, alive and start making new ones with your cars.  Thanks for sharing...

303 Mopar

Sorry for your loss.  Sounds like you have a great plan to move forward, and I love that Super Bee!
1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

tan top

awww no , sorry to hear about your daughter
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Indygenerallee

Sorry to hear about your daughter...
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

hemi68charger

Bird,
Man, my heart breaks on hearing about your daughter's passing. May Peace be with you, her and your family.... It is nice you are someone who has a distraction for, as tough as it is, life does go on..... Even for parents........... That yellow Bird gives me inspiration too since I just picked one up............
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

billssuperbird

I am so sorry of hear about you daughter

6spd68

Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

BLK 68 R/T

Truly sorry to hear about your daughter.

Dino

I am so sorry to hear about your loss.  My sincerest condolences.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

skip68

Definitely sorry to hear this kind of news.   Keep yourself busy and feel free to speak up here on the forum when you're feeling low.   
Lots of great guys here that will ALWAYS have an open ear.   You take care of yourself and the Mrs.    :pity:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Lennard

My condolences to you and your family.

PlainfieldCharger

My condolences to you and your family on the loss of your daughter. Very sad to read this. It is not supposed to happen this way... :'(

Stegs

im sorry to hear about your daughter.

What your doing is the right thing, bring the cars home to work on them, and keep you busy.

I could not imagine what you going thru now, but prayers for you and your family.....I hope these cars in a way bring your peace and a calmness in your life

wingcar

My condolences to you and your family.  It's a sad day when you lose one of your children... :'(
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

ITSA426

cdr

very sorry for the loss of your daughter.
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

polywideblock

sorry for your loss

I've  had two close calls with two of my daughters one lost half a lung to the big C and my youngest went in for an appendectomy and had a emergency bowl resection instead  (carcinomic  tumour where her appendix used to be )

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

DixieRestoParts

Dixie Restoration Parts
Ball Ground, Georgia
Phone: (770) 975-9898
Phone Hours: M-F 10am-6pm EST
mail@dixierestorationparts.com
Veteran owned small business

The Best Parts at a Fair Price

birdsandbees

Thanks Guys! and sorry to hear that Polywide, you have some good understanding of the stress level then and I wish you and your daughters well in staying clean for a long life.

We've been on a roller coaster with Jen for over 5 years. Started by her limping and walking with a cane at 24 and the Doc's telling her she hurt herself playing volleyball. A year later her entire right pelvic bone showed up as black in a full body bone scan. 10 months of full week chemo.. in Monday out Saturday, 2 weeks off repeat and then a 17 hour surgery to remove her right pelvic bone right tight to her spinal nerves. First in the world to learn to walk with an unattached leg, that took a full year of committed 6 day / week physio and then diagnosed with a skull tumour a week after that. Chemo, craniotomy and 4 months later a brain tumour and another craniotomy... a few months later more skull tumours. Stereotactic Radiation.. another craniotomy etc. 9 spots in her lungs.. chemo that seemed to work on those and then two thumb sized tumours removed from between her lung and heart at Christmas and then everything appeared to be clear. March scans showed new skull / brain tumours and full head radiation was done that seemed to be holding it at bay. The only thing showing in her body as of June was one stubborn lung tumour about the size of a silver dollar. She had every chemo known to man in the 5 years previous and wasn't allowed anymore so they tried her on a new drug starting in late March that was costing us $4900 a month for 120 pills. Problem with the drug it appeared to cause so much pain she couldn't eat and started to waste away and that allowed the Sarcoma to take her over with new tumours appearing in her last 2 weeks in her C3/C4 neck, pelvic to rib joints and we noticed during our 24/7 watch in the last 2 days that she had a new bump above her left temple that again would have been a hockey puck sized skull tumour. She fought every step of the way smiling, and was a huge inspiration to others fighting as well and for that we are proud. She taught Doctors to never give up and furthered the progress into understanding this terrible disease. If you've got a few hours... she made over 75 videos to help others, up until her skull tumours started, and they're available on youtube by searching "joshea27".

Here's her montage on "walk".  https://youtu.be/D4Tj6DZy9kM
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

charge69

It is always so humbling to find out that your "bad day" is so much better than some peoples' best day and watch the fight in the human body for sheer survival against insurmountable odds. Just spend a day on the cancer ward at Texas Childrens Hospital or any hospital that has one and it will definitely change your perspective of a "bad day" !!

So very sorry for your loss and the heartache and pain it has inflicted on your family!  This type of long-term pain and suffering takes its' toll on everyone and your lives will be forever changed in so many ways. There is "strength" in family closeness and only time and time alone can diminish the pain and suffering. It will never go away but, time ..... just time. Stay strong for each other as all of you will need it and help each other weather the emotional storm each of you are experiencing.

skip68

Wow, watching her walking progress was amazing.   She seemed to be very driven.   Thank you for sharing the video.   What a wonderful girl you had and you should be very proud parents.   I just don't have any other words.   :pity:   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: birdsandbees on August 14, 2015, 06:55:56 PM

Here's her montage on "walk".  https://youtu.be/D4Tj6DZy9kM

Damn, watching that video and knowing that she's no longer here brought tears. Your/her story certainly puts one's personal "challenges' in a much different perspective. She was a brave young woman and I'm so sorry for your loss.

1974dodgecharger

Makes me want to cry man, so sorry to hear for your loss man.