News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

SUPERBIRD NOSE AND BUMPER FOR SALE!!

Started by Mopar John, July 17, 2009, 08:49:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mopar John

I have just put up for sale my original SUPERBIRD nose and bumper. See my ad in the parts for sale section!
Thanks! Mopar John

Aero426

hemi68charger

Quote from: Aero426 on July 17, 2009, 08:58:24 AM
Did you put a new nose on your car?

Otherwise, it's going to look weird................  :icon_smile_big:

That's one way to get more air to the radiator?    :smilielol:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

moparstuart

Quote from: Mopar John on July 17, 2009, 08:49:02 AM
I have just put up for sale my original SUPERBIRD nose and bumper. See my ad in the parts for sale section!
Thanks! Mopar John
john i'll take one of your daytona noses  LOL

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

pettybird

nascarxx29

This must be your ad
I am selling my original 1970 PLYMOUTH SUPERBIRD nosecone and rubber bumper. Now is the time to replace that reproduction or heavily damaged original. I am asking $3895.00 which is less than most reproductions and will deliver to the Mopar Nationals free with deposit. The price is for the bare shell and bumper only! Contact me at moparjohn@verizon.net
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Mopar John

I have purchased some NOS body parts to restore my bird someday. A couple of years ago I purchased an NOS drivers side quarter panel here locally from a guy that did Mopar restorations. Then last year around the Mopar Nationals I was able to purchase a more difficult to find NOS passengers side quarter panel. This same guy had an NOS nosecone that I was eventually able to purchase. I have not put it on the car yet but will if the original sells. I also found an NOS front bumper rub strip that I bought from Monroe Schellinger to go with it so I am selling the used one with the used nosecone. I bought my Superbird back in the mid seventies and it was from Florida. I had to work on some of the same problems that CORNDOG is dealing with on the orange bird. At that time I was able to buy an NOS rear cowl and both quarter floor extensions from my local dealer. Through the DSAC club I contacted David Patik and was able to purchase an NOS rear window plug like Doug is selling. But back then NOS quarters eluded me and I patched them with 1970 Road Runner quarters. My goal is to replace my amature body work on the quarters with the NOS ones and repaint the rest of the car at that time.
Thanks! Mopar John

FJ5WING

if there is nothing wrong with the original nose I think you may regret swapping for the new piece.

the original has been fitted for your car. Another nose will require some massaging to achieve a good fit. I see a lot of birds where the fender peaks dont line up real nice with the nose.

just my :Twocents:
wingless now, but still around.

superbirdtom

CAN YOU POST ANY PHOTOS OF THE NOSECONE??   ESPECIALLY THE INTERIOR SO I CAN SEE WHATS GOING ON.   THANKS  SBT

Mopar John

SBT,
I am working a lot of hours the next few days. Early next week I will post some more pictures that I also need to take for an interested party. I will post them with my ad in the for sale section. You can send me an e-mail at moparjohn@verizon.net and I will send you some direct and not tie up space on the forum.
Thanks! Mopar John

70WingCar

Hey there,

Im in need of a orginal nose cone for my superbird.  What kind condition is the nose in? What location are you from.

Thanks, corey

DoubleDlover

hemi68charger

Quote from: 70WingCar on August 07, 2015, 11:37:05 PM
Hey there,

Im in need of a orginal nose cone for my superbird.  What kind condition is the nose in? What location are you from.

Thanks, corey

Corey, John's ad is a wee bit old....  Good Luck finding an original. I Went over to Ted Janak's house yesterday and saw his reproduction nose in fiberglas and it is very nice... I think there is one or two individuals out there making noses out of metal.... I'll try to find it unless someone else chimes in first. I'm getting to start to restore the Superbird I just got too..

Good luck..
Troy
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

Mopar John

I did sell the original nose off my Superbird not long after the ad came out.
It went to a guy up in Canada that was putting an original Superbird back together.
I built a nice crate and dropped it off at the South Bend, Indiana FedEx depot.
The buyer met it at the receiving FedEx terminal in Canada.
It worked out very well and kept the cost down on shipping.
MJ

Nwcharger

I have an original superbird nose cone hanging on the wall at work. I use it for a coat rack.
1969 coronet wagon

62 Max

You can't hang a coat on a nose cone unless you install hooks !! ::)

Daytona R/T SE

Gene Gregory is still making the steel Superbird nosecones.

If it were me, I'd ask if he'd sell you one unassembled, so that you can fit it to your car, and hopefully your welding skills would surpass his. :Twocents:

hemi68charger

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on August 08, 2015, 01:06:57 PM

If it were me, I'd ask if he'd sell you one unassembled, so that you can fit it to your car, and hopefully your welding skills would surpass his. :Twocents:

Curious... Does he have a website? or is communication only by telephone? I googled him and found this from the Aero Warriors site

Gene Gregory reproduces a number of Daytona and SuperBird parts in steel. He can be reached at:
Alhambra Custom Services
PO Box 235
Alhambra, IL 62001
(618) 488-7941

Troy

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: hemi68charger on August 08, 2015, 05:25:06 PM
Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on August 08, 2015, 01:06:57 PM

Curious... Does he have a website? or is communication only by telephone? I googled him and found this from the Aero Warriors site

Gene Gregory reproduces a number of Daytona and SuperBird parts in steel. He can be reached at:
Alhambra Custom Services
PO Box 235
Alhambra, IL 62001
(618) 488-7941

Gene doesn't have a website that I'm aware of.

I do know he sells on Ebay.

I believe his daughter takes care of that for him.

So, I'm sure it's possible to get ahold of him that way.

Hemi Runner

I have one of his repro steel noses. It's a nice piece. Hopefully I don't stick it in the wall at the track.

hemi68charger

Quote from: Hemi Runner on August 08, 2015, 07:40:48 PM
I have one of his repro steel noses. It's a nice piece. Hopefully I don't stick it in the wall at the track.

How much are they if you don't mind me asking? I called the number and I left a message.............

Weighting the options of to get the fullest use of my resto. dollars.............
1. fixing my original ( which isn't bad at all from what it appears )
2. Getting a repro steel from Gene or Don C. ( Only two I know who make steel )
3. Getting one of Ted's noses....

Gene doesn't do the plug in steel from what I understand, correct? Just Don?
Troy

Hemi Runner

Quote from: hemi68charger on August 08, 2015, 09:43:54 PM
Quote from: Hemi Runner on August 08, 2015, 07:40:48 PM

How much are they if you don't mind me asking? I called the number and I left a message.............

Weighting the options of to get the fullest use of my resto. dollars.............
1. fixing my original ( which isn't bad at all from what it appears )
2. Getting a repro steel from Gene or Don C. ( Only two I know who make steel )
3. Getting one of Ted's noses....

Gene doesn't do the plug in steel from what I understand, correct? Just Don?
It was $5K with the grille and trim. I also have Don's plug. It was $1500 to the door. I wanted a correct looking race car. :shruggy:

70WingCar

Still looking for a original nose.  Message me if you have one.  Has to be original. 

Thanks

hemi68charger

Quote from: Hemi Runner on August 11, 2015, 06:45:15 AM
..It was $5K with the grille and trim. I also have Don's plug. It was $1500 to the door. I wanted a correct looking race car. :shruggy:

Did you install Don's plug yet? If so, have any pictures?   :2thumbs:
Troy

Hemi Runner

I haven't installed it yet. There are pictures on my build thread on the bbodiesonly site