News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Edelbrock 1723 Fuel Pump

Started by 68blue, July 04, 2015, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68blue

Replaced two in as many years, anybody else having this problem? Looking at a third. :shruggy:

myk

I'm having that same trouble with my electric pump; I never thought I'd hear about a mechanical one failing...

68blue

Replaced everything from the pump to the hard line primed car and fired it up. Drove it for 10 minutes then up a hill where I started losing power, returned when it went down hill then started losing power again died completely about a minute later now back home after a tow. Problem must be in the tank somewhere,but all the parts including the tanks are nearly new. :shruggy:

cdr

possible fuel pump push rod, or the cam worn out
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

68blue

Good thought, push rod looks clean with no burrs and the cam has very few miles on it. I run the zinc oil additive as well. It's like the pump loses it's prime and then can't get it back.