News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

different seats?

Started by red72chrgr, August 03, 2015, 02:09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

red72chrgr

Hi all, I was thinking of replacing my bench seat with a couple of buckets. The question I have is; has any one put anything other than Mopar seats in there car? I was thinking maybe Gm, Ford, etc. I see seats for real cheap being offered on CL etc. I suppose it wouldn't be that hard to install them if you have everything you need. Any ideas or comments? For the purist, it's a plain jane 318 model 3rd gen( see avatar). Thanks all.
Nothing personal, just business

Lennard

:scratchchin: Go wash your keyboard with soap! :P

nvrbdn

my charger actually came with buckets that were not mopar. still haven't found out what they were, but really didn't look bad at all. resembled 69 seats with no head rest. but I found a set of 70 seats for my 70, then traded them away to a guy that wanted 70 seats in his 69, while I wanted 69 seats with head rests in my 70. 

There are also several that have put after market seats in their cars.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

red72chrgr

Thanks guys. I know, I blasphemed. I was just wondering because there seem to be so many bucket seats for other makes and the parts are a dime a dozen.
Nothing personal, just business

Lennard

That's why you'll see 90% Chevys and Fords and 10% Mopars at car shows/meetings.

303 Mopar

Quote from: Lennard on August 04, 2015, 11:10:35 PM
That's why you'll see 90% Chevys and Fords and 10% Mopars at car shows/meetings.

:iagree:  And Mopar parts are 3x the cost of any Ferd or Cheby part.
1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

Mike DC

Yes, but with old Mopar front buckets we don't get very good item for all that money.  The only thing they do well is look original.

Bob

Quote from: red72chrgr on August 03, 2015, 02:09:49 PM
Hi all, I was thinking of replacing my bench seat with a couple of buckets. The question I have is; has any one put anything other than Mopar seats in there car? I was thinking maybe Gm, Ford, etc. I see seats for real cheap being offered on CL etc. I suppose it wouldn't be that hard to install them if you have everything you need. Any ideas or comments? For the purist, it's a plain jane 318 model 3rd gen( see avatar). Thanks all.

You can find the correct Mopar bucket seats with tracks if you are patient. I changed my bench to buckets on my 74. I was patient and came across a complete interior for 200 bucks. The drivers seat has some upper tears but was able to acquire a seat cover from someone else project with tears in a different spot. Took my seat and the extra cover to a upholsterer and for 60 bucks he grafted both together and now I have a very nice bucket interior.

Keep looking and just be patient. Correct seats look much better anyway. I did try leather buckets from a Chrysler 300 but quickly changed them out. Just didn't look right.

Before

After

:Twocents:

Bob